PDA

View Full Version : flashing hourglass

livsea2
06-27-2014, 11:51 AM
Who knows what the flashing hourglass means on the Yamaha gas gauge?

Frank7
06-27-2014, 03:58 PM
It would seam that you are overdue for service on your cart or whoever did your last service did no reset the gauge. Basically it is a hour meter that should be reset at time of service.

livsea2
07-04-2014, 08:47 AM
Sorry I forgot my post. the hourglass has been flashing since I bought it brand new a few months ago. The cart is a 2014 and had 1 hour on it when I purchased it so the answer provided doesn't hold water. Any other guesses? Or any experts on Yamaha kow the answer?

Frank7
07-04-2014, 09:53 AM
Take the battery terminal off for 10 seconds and see if the hour glass stops blinking.

socrafty
07-04-2014, 10:54 AM
Mine only blinks when the cart is moving. I thought it meant it was adding time to the total hours being accumulated.

nkrifats
07-04-2014, 09:18 PM
Mine only blinks when the cart is moving. I thought it meant it was adding time to the total hours being accumulated.

I believe that is correct

blueash
07-05-2014, 09:03 AM
Google is your friend: This might be a partial clue

Yamaha Golf-Car Company | Specialty Vehicles Vehicles- Personal Security Vehicle (http://www.yamahagolfcar.com/vehicles/features/15/1042/69/gas.aspx)
"Fuel Gauge/Hour Meter
A patrolman’s best friend, this dash mounted analog fuel gauge features a large, easy to read face and comes complete with a digital hour meter to log vehicle running time."

Now what I did not locate is what is the utility of logging run time? Perhaps a call to the sales department where you bought the cart can educate all of us. Also not clear is where do you get the actual running time as opposed to the hour glass suggesting that it is being recorded somewhere.

FMF Doc
07-05-2014, 10:24 AM
I believe that is correct

That is correct. When you stop it stops blinking.