PDA

View Full Version : Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Club

gobarb26
02-19-2008, 04:50 AM
:welcome:
There is a new club that is just having its first meeting on Monday at the Bacall Recreation Center on Monday, Feb. 25. We will have a guest speaker, Leira Joseph form the Central Florida Chapter of the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society and she will present information and recruitment forms for the upcoming Villages LIGHT THE NIGHT CART/WALK. This is the first year that we will have a Light the Night in the Villages. We are hoping to have a great start. If you are interested in finding out about what we are doing, please come to the meeting on Feb. 25. The actual Cart/Walk is being held on March 22 at the Polo Field. There will be entertainment and food and fun, and hopefully, together, we can help fight these horrible diseases. Everyone is welcome to attend. For more information, please call Barbara @ 350-2511 or Jennifer 250-3431. Looking forward to seeing a lot of people at the meeting! Do something great for others!!! :bigthumbsup:

KathieI
02-19-2008, 12:16 PM
Thank you, gobarb. What time is the meeting on Monday and will the speaker be talking about latest medical advances in this disease as well as the cart/walk event? I'd like to be there and I'll ask some of my friends to join me that night. Unfortunately, at this time, I will not be in TV in March but would like to be a member of this club for future events.

You're doing great ladies, thanks, this is a terrible disease but there have been tremendous medical advances and we need to continue to support research.

Kathie

Taltarzac
02-27-2008, 06:09 PM
Thanks for the post, gobarb. Sometimes see you asking questions at the weekly Villages Computer Club.

Taltarzac
03-06-2008, 05:47 PM
Saw a flyer for the March 22, 2008 event posted at the Doggie Doo Run Run. :bigthumbsup: :)

Taltarzac
03-12-2008, 08:58 PM
Bump.

mdspchldy1
11-01-2008, 10:31 PM
Is there still a leukemia and lymphoma support group in The Villages? If so, where and when does it meet?

ajdeck
08-03-2009, 06:42 AM
:welcome:
There is a new club that is just having its first meeting on Monday at the Bacall Recreation Center on Monday, Feb. 25. We will have a guest speaker, Leira Joseph form the Central Florida Chapter of the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society and she will present information and recruitment forms for the upcoming Villages LIGHT THE NIGHT CART/WALK. This is the first year that we will have a Light the Night in the Villages. We are hoping to have a great start. If you are interested in finding out about what we are doing, please come to the meeting on Feb. 25. The actual Cart/Walk is being held on March 22 at the Polo Field. There will be entertainment and food and fun, and hopefully, together, we can help fight these horrible diseases. Everyone is welcome to attend. For more information, please call Barbara @ 350-2511 or Jennifer 250-3431. Looking forward to seeing a lot of people at the meeting! Do something great for others!!! :bigthumbsup:

I have hodkgins and was wondering if anyone knows a great doc to go to in the Villages or around the area. Right now I'm in Michigan and was ready to move to TV until I got hit with this. Have a great doc taking care of me here and need to know if I can get one GREAT doc down there.

AJ