PDA

View Full Version : Pop Ups

TOTV Team
07-07-2014, 04:09 PM
There has been some question regarding pop ups. We do not run any pop ups on this site and are not manipulating any advertising. We have run a scan on the server and site and both are coming back clean see attachment.

We will always continue to investigate any potential issues that are reported and thank you in advance.

graciegirl
07-07-2014, 04:15 PM
Shield icon
Microsoft Security Essentials blocked content on this website

gdeadly.in.ua

Hosted by: talkofthevillages.com

Recommended icon Go to my home page instead

Microsoft Security Essentials blocked this site because it might contain threats to your PC or your privacy.

Indydealmaker
07-07-2014, 05:10 PM
Shield icon
Microsoft Security Essentials blocked content on this website

gdeadly.in.ua

Hosted by: talkofthevillages.com

Recommended icon Go to my home page instead

Microsoft Security Essentials blocked this site because it might contain threats to your PC or your privacy.

Gracie, I also use Microsoft Security Essentials and I am not getting that message. I think your computer may have been hanging around on the square and caught a PCSTD.

CFrance
07-07-2014, 05:15 PM
I did get one warning from my malware blocker last weekend that they had blocked something on the site. I didn't investigate further; just got out and rebooted the laptop, then went to TOTV, after which everything was fine according to my security software.

I believe it happened when I clicked on one of TOTV alert email links to go to the site to see a post on a thread I have been following. But I don't remember which thread it was.

graciegirl
07-07-2014, 06:06 PM
Gracie, I also use Microsoft Security Essentials and I am not getting that message. I think your computer may have been hanging around on the square and caught a PCSTD.

Oh. I am so embarassed.:shocked:

How do I get rid of it?

I just restored to an earlier time and it appears to be alright.

Indydealmaker
07-07-2014, 06:28 PM
Oh. I am so embarassed.:shocked:

How do I get rid of it?

I just restored to an earlier time and it appears to be alright.

Just soak the keyboard in a good scotch!:1rotfl:

graciegirl
07-07-2014, 06:35 PM

What would we do without friends?:1rotfl:

DonH57
07-07-2014, 08:25 PM

Good lord man. You don't want to waste good scotch on a keyboard!:shocked:

CFrance
07-07-2014, 08:28 PM
Hear hear!!!:MOJE_whot:

villagetinker
07-07-2014, 08:55 PM
Just to add my 2 cents, first cheap Scotch for the keyboard, followed by 2 fingers of the good stuff to the operator.
Second, depending on what I have searched for recently, there are search specific ads that do pop up on this site. These are always located at the very top or very bottom of the page, and always follow recent search or mouse clicks to various sites. While not too annoying, I would like to be able to stop these. Will try clearing all my cookies to see if this helps. Followed by 2 fingers of Scotch!!

Indydealmaker
07-08-2014, 10:44 AM

You are right! What was I thinking!? I have been online all morning looking for a keyboard with a drain and catch-basin.:024:

zcaveman
07-08-2014, 12:41 PM
Just to add my 2 cents, first cheap Scotch for the keyboard, followed by 2 fingers of the good stuff to the operator.
Second, depending on what I have searched for recently, there are search specific ads that do pop up on this site. These are always located at the very top or very bottom of the page, and always follow recent search or mouse clicks to various sites. While not too annoying, I would like to be able to stop these. Will try clearing all my cookies to see if this helps. Followed by 2 fingers of Scotch!!

I have never had good scotch. It is all bad. I would prefer rum as the active ingredient.

Z

Kahuna32162
07-08-2014, 01:07 PM
We have adopted a new mind set since moving to TV....Life's too short to drink cheap anything!