PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone familiar with the company "Lifestyle Lift"?

Jocinn
03-06-2008, 02:34 PM
I recently had a free consultation for a Lifestyle Lift "facelift" but really know very
little about the company and procedures. Was told about twenty people from the
Villages come in on a weekly basis. Please share any knowledge. Thank you.

Barefoot
03-06-2008, 02:43 PM
Hope this topic goes into Feminine Forum so our male friends can't have a giggle.

I have a friend who is a doctor, and I asked her about lifestyle lifts .. the "before and after" pictures are amazing. Of course they pick only the very best results. She says to avoid lifestyle lifts, they are experimental right now. No one knows how long they will last or what will happen when they start to sag. And I guess they involve having some "foreign material" threaded through your facial tissues. Ugh.

On the other hand, no-one is going to live forever and we all want to look good while we're on planet earth. I'd be very interested in hearing from anyone with actual "real" experience.

nONIE
03-06-2008, 03:08 PM
BF,

Im with you.If it makes us happy and more confident, lets get anything lifted that we can!!(Yes, of course we all know that beauty comes from inside) But we do look in the mirror every day and it would be wonderful to really like what we see in there!

Does anyone know exactly what a "lifestyle lift" is and how long it lasts? Really would appreciate any information on the subject.

Actually Im a big chicken about procedures and once I hear whats actually done, I probably wont touch it with a ten foot pole!!

samhass
03-06-2008, 03:26 PM
As nice as a lift sounds, I think as we age we end up having surgeries to live. I'm not sure I ever want to add an elective one for my looks. We is what we is!!!

Barefoot
03-06-2008, 05:16 PM
Just saw an ad on "The View" for Lifestyle Lift , telephone 1-800-398-LIFT.

Don't think I'll be getting one, I think Samhass is right!! We is what we is, and lucky to be alive and living in TV. ;D

beady
03-07-2008, 12:52 AM
I am so glad this thread has started. I have been wondering what a "lifestyle lift" is all about.

I am basically a chicken and only have any invasive procedure done if absolutely necessary.

Having said that I hate looking in the mirror and seeing my mouth turn down as if I am scowling :( :(. I am basically a happy person :) :) and that woman looking back at me looks unhappy......So.... I might be tempted.

Please if you have had the procedure, give us the facts.

Mikitv
03-07-2008, 01:16 AM
:bow: 040 :arrow: :)

I might be tempted if they started at my toes and tied it off at the top.

samhass
03-07-2008, 02:00 AM
That's not good. You would think people were looking at your chest ,when in fact, they were only looking into your eyes.

uote author=mikark link=topic=5189.msg40988#msg40988 date=1204870583]

[/quote]

pm10
03-09-2008, 02:41 AM
After working in surgery for so many years.................helping with many facelifts......
(and of course not being able to see the results down the road) I decided I'd take my wrinkles as they come. Now, having said that, if my boobs ever hit my knees when I'm putting my socks on - I'll be on the phone to my favorite plastic surgeon!!!

Barefoot
03-09-2008, 02:03 PM
Maybe we women of TOTV can band together and get a massive discount on Lifestyle Lifts. ;D And then, in a couple of years, when the strings deteriorate and our faces crumple up like prunes, we can all easily recognize each other at the Town Square. :yikes:

nONIE
03-11-2008, 01:03 AM
OMG Barefoot, what a horrible thought, mabe Ill just keep pulling my ponytail tighter and tighter!

::)

friendly11
12-27-2009, 01:44 PM
I have gone to a couple of seminars on Life Style Lift but it is and operation and I would love to do something without cutting. Has anybody heard of Thermage? It is a laser procedure and non invasive.

Barefoot
12-27-2009, 10:06 PM
I have gone to a couple of seminars on Life Style Lift but it is and operation and I would love to do something without cutting. Has anybody heard of Thermage? It is a laser procedure and non invasive.

I've had friends try Thermage. Without results. And it's expensive. :ohdear: But perhaps it works for some.

Taj44
12-28-2009, 06:46 AM
I suggest anyone interested in this procedure do their homework. This is a link to comments by patients who had it done. After reading these, I think I'd avoid it. Lifestyle lift sounds like a great marketing ploy, nothing more. http://www.realself.com/Lifestyle-lift/reviews

Dayton
04-16-2010, 03:22 PM
I'd like to bring this thread back to life. It seems, after reading about the lifestyle lift, that it is NOT the same as the thread lift. I'd really like to hear from anyone who has had a thread lift around the jaw/neck area.
Anyone??

Boudicca
04-16-2010, 06:43 PM
Hey, I like the idea of a group discount! Count me in if someone organizes such a thing. Me and hubby move to TV on May 21 - can't wait. New home, new face, uplifted boobs! What a deal :smiley: Sandra

salpal
04-17-2010, 06:28 AM
I had a threadlift a year ago, saw little improvement, some but not worth it. Never had thermalage, but did have fraxel, do not waste your money on that either.

The only thing I ever had that I saw amazing results was a total face laser resurfacing. Ok, this is gross, but your entire couple of layers of skin on your face is burned off. You look like a burn victim for a few weeks and then you are red for several months, as though you have a sunburn. The pain only lasted 2 days, the redness several months. The results: age marks, fine lines were gone and my face looked much younger. Would I do it again? Yes, provided I could hide somewhere for a few months. $5K

I am done with plastic surgery. Friends who have had procedures had also seen little results. Botox works, but only for 2 months and can get to be very expensive to keep up. I am now content to just look my age.

Dayton
04-17-2010, 08:37 AM
Yikes! Not interested in the burning! But I would really like to tighten up my neck / jaw-line area. I know nothing about face lifts or plastic surgery..but it sounds like my only option is the threading...which doesn't seem to work.

Any other serious suggestions...I would welcome!

Boudicca
04-17-2010, 11:46 AM
Count me in!!! Love those group discounts. Sandra

casteell
04-20-2011, 11:13 AM
Results you see in the ads for LSL are not typical. If you end up with a bad result (more likely than not) getting the repair work done by a board certified, licensed cosmetic surgeon is the only way to correct it. You could have scar tissue and damage to the underlying facial muscles. Even a highly skilled cosmetic surgeon could have difficulty correcting the damage. Something this serious should be left to the experts, besides you're worth the extra cost.

jebartle
04-21-2011, 04:18 AM
giggle, giggle, snort, snort!:1rotfl::1rotfl:

Maybe we women of TOTV can band together and get a massive discount on Lifestyle Lifts. ;D And then, in a couple of years, when the strings deteriorate and our faces crumple up like prunes, we can all easily recognize each other at the Town Square. :yikes:

Shirleevee
04-21-2011, 11:25 PM
I had a threadlift a year ago, saw little improvement, some but not worth it. Never had thermalage, but did have fraxel, do not waste your money on that either.

The only thing I ever had that I saw amazing results was a total face laser resurfacing. Ok, this is gross, but your entire couple of layers of skin on your face is burned off. You look like a burn victim for a few weeks and then you are red for several months, as though you have a sunburn. The pain only lasted 2 days, the redness several months. The results: age marks, fine lines were gone and my face looked much younger. Would I do it again? Yes, provided I could hide somewhere for a few months. $5K

I am done with plastic surgery. Friends who have had procedures had also seen little results. Botox works, but only for 2 months and can get to be very expensive to keep up. I am now content to just look my age.

A friend had the laser resurfacing and it looks great. Plastic surgery mad her look older, but this is by far the best I have seen any procedure look.

escapequeen
05-29-2011, 04:58 PM
I have seen several women around TV who look to have had one or more cosmetic changes done and they look horrible. My thought is that if everyday housework and lifting along with walking and maybe using handweights now and then dont do the trick, forget it. ;>D

Boudicca
05-29-2011, 07:54 PM
I'm with Barefoot. I heard a rumor that if there were sufficient number of people interested, there would be a discount? Add me to the "willing" list. :angel:

wendyquat
05-29-2011, 09:54 PM
Here's a website to check out and form your own opinions:

http://www.realself.com/Lifestyle-lift/reviews

marybb
05-30-2011, 10:58 AM

Omg that is so funny:

rubicon
05-30-2011, 11:03 AM
Ladies, ladies ladies, my wife and I have been together since age 13. she had asked me sometime ago if she should get a facelifet? I told not to do it for me. If you want it for yourself fine...but please don't come home looking like a stranger. I also deplore women who enlarge their lips. It looks stupid on most of them. Peggy Noonan had the best response to the subject of facelifts...Beauty belongs to the young. I cherish growing old with my wife. She will always be my trophy wife. She will always be beautiful to me and because she is not self centered I find her even more appealing.....Yes beauty truly is skin deep

Bettiboop
05-30-2011, 01:28 PM
Beauty belongs to the young. I cherish growing old with my wife. She will always be my trophy wife. She will always be beautiful to me and because she is not self centered I find her even more appealing.....Yes beauty truly is skin deep

How sweet! :highfive:

Trish Crocker
05-30-2011, 04:10 PM
I've thought about it but then heard that the cost is about 10K...I went to a board certified plastic surgeon that would have given me a complete lift (with eye work) for the same price...didn't do it...too chicken..but given the choice I think I would work with the regular surgery.

Hancle704
05-30-2011, 07:38 PM
If you decide to go, suggest they re-examine their connercials on TV. Everyone seems to suffer from Yellow Jaundice. No, it's not my TV's color adjustment.

katezbox
05-31-2011, 08:10 PM
I have seen several women around TV who look to have had one or more cosmetic changes done and they look horrible. My thought is that if everyday housework and lifting along with walking and maybe using handweights now and then dont do the trick, forget it. ;>D

You got that right!

Barefoot
05-31-2011, 10:16 PM
Ladies, ladies ladies, my wife and I have been together since age 13. she had asked me sometime ago if she should get a facelifet? I told not to do it for me. If you want it for yourself fine...but please don't come home looking like a stranger. I also deplore women who enlarge their lips. It looks stupid on most of them. Peggy Noonan had the best response to the subject of facelifts...Beauty belongs to the young. I cherish growing old with my wife. She will always be my trophy wife. She will always be beautiful to me and because she is not self centered I find her even more appealing.....Yes beauty truly is skin deep

Rubicon, your wife is a lucky woman.

Re facelifts ..... in my heart I know it is wrong to be so vain. But it is tough looking in the mirror every morning at my grandmother.

Boomer
05-31-2011, 10:37 PM

Re facelifts ..... in my heart I know it is wrong to be so vain. But it is tough looking in the mirror every morning at my grandmother.

Oh Barefoot, Barefoot, Barefoot......

How many times do I have to tell you girls. All you need to do is get a nice hand-mirror, lie down on your back, smile at yourself in the mirror, kind of makes gravity work in a different direction for a little while, and maybe even crank up a little Santana, and pretend it's the 1970's all over again. And DON'T look in the mirror after you stand back up. Just hold the thought.

(But, damnit, I know. I know. I confess. I know what you mean.)

Oh well. I am a chicken-of-the-knife.

Boomer

De Lis
06-11-2011, 01:54 AM
Anyone have a favorite doctor or clinic that they go to for 'procedures'? We are moving to TV shortly and would appreciate some info. Thanks so much.

Barefoot
06-11-2011, 09:21 AM
Anyone have a favorite doctor or clinic that they go to for 'procedures'? We are moving to TV shortly and would appreciate some info. Thanks so much.

The daily newspaper frequently lists free information seminars by plastic surgeons. I know some women who have had "procedures" done, but it's like bad breath, most don't talk about it. :confused:

De Lis
06-21-2011, 06:36 AM
Thanks, Barefoot, appreciate it. Not interested in anything major or overly expensive. Can't do anything about the aging process, so I have decided that I just want my skin to look clear and healthy. Gosh, you sometimes even need help with that! :>)

westcoastsunshine
06-22-2011, 03:02 PM
I sold my medi spa last year and I am now helping
my friend build her business to sell as well.
I specialized in non-invasive anti-aging treatments
because the market has exploded. Most men
and women do not want the risks or downtime
with surgery. In fact, most of the time all I
ever heard from my clients is that they just
wanted to look "fresh" and age gracefully.
In my business, I have seen it all both
surgical and non-surgical. Would I go the
surgical route....no!!
I have seen some rather bad bumps from
thread lifting. Thermage can be painful
and takes at least 6 months to build collagen
to the point where you will notice some changes.
Please remember that any non-invasive treatment
will not make huge changes just very subtle ones.
Thermage is usually very expensive and most clients
end up having to do a couple of treatments even
though the clinic will tell you only 1 is required.
We used a machine called the Accent XL which
results in immediate subtle changes in wrinkles
and facial tightening. Again, you need to be
realistic about your expectations. Only surgery
can make drastic changes. Our clients were
pleased with the results which usually meant
1 painless treatment per month over the course
of 4 months. A tune-up should be done every
6 months for anyone who is post-menopausal.
I am not sure what is available in your area but
perhaps it would be worthwhile getting a consultation
with a clinic who has this machine.

My husband and I are coming to TV November 1st to
'test the waters'. We hope to stay for at least 6 months.
It would be fun to get a group of ladies together to talk
about the newest anti-aging NON-SURGICAL treatments.
I know that Miami is a hot market for all the newest
trends in non-invasive procedures so you can probably
find a good clinic there.

I hope this info helps!

WCS

rubicon
06-22-2011, 03:31 PM
facelifts ..... in my heart I know it is wrong to be so vain. But it is tough looking in the mirror every morning at my grandmother.

Barefoot, that's because society has distorted the view of beauty. Ideally I believe the epitome of feminity is the "Gibson Girl . However what makes a woman in my view desirable is that she genuinely likes men...and I mean that in a most respectful manner. Another aspect is that a woman, or for that matter a man always meet people with a smile. Smiles are sexy because they soften the eyes and are so inviting.

Save yourself ten grand and just keep smiling.

Barefoot
06-22-2011, 07:42 PM
Barefoot, that's because society has distorted the view of beauty. However what makes a woman in my view desirable is that she genuinely likes men...and I mean that in a most respectful manner. Another aspect is that a woman, or for that matter a man always meet people with a smile. Smiles are sexy because they soften the eyes and are so inviting.

In my heart I know you're right Rubicon. And I agree that a beautiful spirit shines like a beacon! You have a great perspective ... I'll say it again, your wife is a lucky gal.

westcoastsunshine
06-23-2011, 11:49 AM
If only all men thought the same way, women wouldn't
have to spend so much on anti-aging treatments and
products. Plastic surgeons would be out of business,
cosmetic companies would go bust, fashion houses
would dry up, spas would not exist, hair and nail salons
gone....well....you get the picture (and it isn't a pretty one)!!

WCS

katezbox
06-26-2011, 12:51 AM
If only all men thought the same way, women wouldn't
have to spend so much on anti-aging treatments and
products. Plastic surgeons would be out of business,
cosmetic companies would go bust, fashion houses
would dry up, spas would not exist, hair and nail salons
gone....well....you get the picture (and it isn't a pretty one)!!

WCS

WCS - I beg to disagree.... Rubicon thinks his wife is beautiful. My husband (and yes, I know how lucky I am), feels the same way about me.

I cannot speak for Rubicon - so hoping he will chime in - but my hubs has no issue with my clothing and shoe fetishes. He likes when I get my nails done (thinks it is sexy) and also when I turn up the makeup a notch or 6 to go out at night. He also tells me I look beautiful all sweaty and flushed after a five-mile walk.

Maybe it is because our generation grew up with our mothers' skin care treatment limited to cold cream - but I think there is a huge difference between buying clothes and shoes, polishing your nails vs. having 'procedures" done - surgical or otherwise.

Nothing I read in Rubicon's post gave me the idea that he didn't appreciate a dress that this wife felt beautiful in - just that she is beautiful to him without botox (botulism - really - who even thought of this?) and needles and nip/tuck.

I understand that many people are interested in "medical spas" and wanting to look a bit younger. I also have friends who have had significant plastic surgery (implants, tummy tucks, facelifts). All of these are OK if they make you feel better about yourself.

For me, I just need my honey to keep telling me I look beautiful!

k

Bobcatbob
10-24-2011, 05:51 AM
I had and "Image Lift" by a Dr. with offices in TV and Tampa. It is painful and I was left with uneven results that then had to be "Tweaked". I hated my neck enough that it was worth it to me but novacaine shots in your face HURT and don't let them tell you they don't! Recovery takes about a week and isn't fun but isn't terrible. My scarring is nothing!!!