PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE.. would like to borrow small wet saw for tile...

DeanFL
08-03-2014, 02:58 PM
Planning to do a small DIY job - installing kitchen backsplash ceramic tile. Not many cuts needed, mainly around wall switches etc. Would rather not buy a tile saw as I don't envision any more tile jobs here.
If you have one and lend it to me - I will buy a new diamond blade and give the new blade when returned to you. I take good care of my tools - so I guarantee kind use. I'm in Gilchrist.
Dean

Matt and Gail
08-03-2014, 03:39 PM
Dean,
We rented one from Home Depot to do our job. If you don't find another try there.

rjrex
08-03-2014, 04:01 PM
Sent you a PM

DeanFL
08-14-2014, 05:29 AM
Closure... A WONDERFUL TV neighbor - in Palo Alto (Roy & Jan) had a wet saw. They offered it to me - to keep, for free. He used it for some tile jobs at their home and it was in the attic for a few years. I picked it up a couple days ago - already used it for trimming small pavers for a waterfall I'm building in the front of our home.
Next project will be glass kitchen backsplash tile. At some point (...) I will be done with the saw -jobs done- and will Pay It Forward to another DIYr.

Many thanks to Roy - I will send them pics of the completed jobs here using their gift to me. SO typically TV - kind, giving and neighborly.

Ruthtomnorma3
08-14-2014, 06:47 AM
WAY TO GO...DEAN! What a good feeling for us all. Thank you for sharing!

graciegirl
08-14-2014, 06:49 AM
WAY TO GO...DEAN! What a good feeling for us all. Thank you for sharing!

Ruthtomnorma3, Did you find the hospital bed you need to rent or buy? I hope so. You are a wonderful person.