PDA

View Full Version : Dominic's

tonysaputo
03-08-2008, 11:07 PM
Well what a suprise!!!!!!! Tonight the wife and I were looking for a place to eat that wasn't full of flocks of snowbirds. Dominic's!!!! No body goes there.

Well we were looking forward to slow service and so-so food. Shocked! Great service and the food was great.

We asked for the manager and the young man (arn't they all) came to our table with a look of gloom. Another bitch by a over-the-hill Villager was on his mind. Shock to his nerves when we were over joyed at our experience.

Wife had salmon stuffed with crab I had the veal Oscar. Fab! Great! Delish! and the drinks were great also ;).

Well got to tell you, we have been going there since it opened. Always thought it was so-so. But, just found out that it has a new owner, new chef, and a new attitude.

It's still pricey, but this time its worth it! Gotta go. Try the new Dominic's I think its better then Carrabba's

Muncle
03-08-2008, 11:19 PM
That good to know. When I moved here in '05, people spoke quite highly of Dominic's but I was totally unimpressed. I thought the food pedestrian at best (maybe because we ate outside) and had no great desire to go back. I'll definitely give the new and improved version another try.

aln
03-09-2008, 04:05 PM
Yeah, we had lunch/dinner there about 3 weeks ago - 4-ish - and it was very very good.
Our waitress also did everything she could to give us the best of service.

trichard
03-11-2008, 01:24 PM
My wife and I had such a bad experience there we will never go back. The sandwich was burnt black beyond the point of edible. When the waiter delivered our meals he simply made a caustic comment about it, laughed and did not come back to our table after that. Thumbs down forever!

SteveFromNY
03-12-2008, 08:54 PM
That good to know. When I moved here in '05, people spoke quite highly of Dominic's but I was totally unimpressed. I thought the food pedestrian at best (maybe because we ate outside) and had no great desire to go back. I'll definitely give the new and improved version another try.

Muncle - you should have sat down instead of walking around with it. ;D

lin345
03-14-2008, 07:17 PM
We hear it got worse not better.

lin

Shirleevee
05-04-2008, 03:42 PM
When shopping for a home in TV in January '08, we had a horrible experience with a Bravo pizza..........over the last month, we were very reluctant to try pizza anyplace else. We decided to give Dominic's a try and were very surprised. Their Margarita (sp) pie was excellent!
The service inside and out was good, (to New Yorkers), most service anywhere else is slow.

Barefoot
05-04-2008, 04:37 PM
We've eaten at Dominic's several times and enjoyed it immensely.
On Valentine's Day they took a picture of each couple for a keepsake .. nice touch.