PDA

View Full Version : Nutrasystem or Medifast

marianne237
03-15-2008, 01:49 AM
Any suggestions or personal knowledge on these diet food programs?

jerseygirl008
03-16-2008, 05:32 AM
Yes, don't do either one. Exercise, change eating habits, and exercise. That's the best way to lose weight. I could never do Nutrasystem unless someone paid me a large sum of money. Package frozen food does not appeal to me. Having someone tell me what to eat does not appeal to me either. And isn't Medifast a pill that expands once in your gut?? If so, watch out for that one. May wind up on an operating room table.

GEEEEZ, I am really down on these plans, aren't I???

Pookirgirl
03-17-2008, 03:20 AM
Hi. I did Medifast many moons ago. It was not a great experience. It was a powdered drink and tasted like chalk. Was not filling and yes... I did lose weight, only to regain it immediately. I would NOT recommend it. As far as Nutrisystem goes... my daughter and son in law both ordered the 2 week kit. They were gung ho to lose their weight and felt if they did it together it would be great! Well, after the first few days, they were both so turned off by the program, she was going to throw the entire system away! I told her "Don't you dare! Give it to me!" She packed up the whole shebang and delivered it to me wishing me luck. I have to tell you, it tasted like dog food and smelled even worse. I just couldn't get it past my nose! I gave the whole thing to one of my clients who also gave up on it. Don't waste your time or money on it! YUCK! Weight Watchers is truly the way to go. Good luck.

jerseygirl008
03-18-2008, 03:08 PM
I totally agree with you, WW is the only way to go. You get to pick the foods you like, they're fresh and full of nutrients (if you pick wisely), and you can maintain this style of eating for the rest of your life. GO WEIGHT WATCHERS, they get my #1 vote.

Village Kid 2
03-18-2008, 03:24 PM
Well, I can't remain silent. NutriSystem has worked great for me - lost 30 pounds effortlessly. It's not gourmet, but it's okay. Some entrees are better than others. Plus you supplement it with lots of fresh fruits, vegetables and dairy products.

What it does, like other diets, is teach you the correct choices, portions, and timing. All of them work if you follow the rules. Then you can apply what you have learned to the real world foods.

Nutrisystem is just my choice because it was so easy and I didn't have to count foods or calories or keep track of anything. And, I still enjoy eating out with friends (the good stuff) without it affecting the continued weight loss.

VK

ConeyIsBabe
03-18-2008, 03:37 PM
I've always believed a person grows overweight because of his/her lifestyle choices and there is no "magic pill" or diet that will take the place of one's commitment to good health. Sure, it's possible to lose weight on any fad diet but to maintain normal weight and good heath thereafter is the important issue.

Village Kid 2
03-18-2008, 03:46 PM
there is no "magic pill" or diet that will take the place of one's commitment to good health.

:agree:
CIB, I absolutely agree. Diets just jump start you when you have gotten off track. Healthy eating is a lifelong commitment.

VK

Time for Tee
03-24-2008, 07:02 PM
040 040 "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways-Chardonnay in one hand-chocolate in the other-body thoroughly used up, totally worn out from the Village lifestyle, and screaming,"WOO-HOO,WHAT A RIDE!"

Village Kid 2
03-24-2008, 07:49 PM
Hey Tee,

I'm right there with you (just a few pounds lighter). lol

Enjoyed seeing you Friday.

VK

Hyacinth Bucket
03-25-2008, 05:01 AM
Tee, it was great meeting you this past Friday. I think I met one of your fellow antique dealers at a garage sale.

As for the chocolate - make sure they are dark, the darker the better - excellent heart medicine. One of the better medicines I have ever tasted. Also when you sip your wine - remember you are improving your heart as well, it is a scientific fact that wine is good for your heart.

I am delighted to learn that you are taking such excellent care of your heart. I see VK agrees also -

HB

Hyacinth Bucket
03-25-2008, 05:03 AM
Village Kid, you are a walking endorsement for Nutrisystem. You look great dahling.

HB

devilsrule2004
03-03-2009, 01:53 PM
yea looking greathttp://r09g0220clyj271.imageshacknow.info/img/3190/i09u0220ihba/sbiggrin.gif

diskman
03-03-2009, 06:29 PM
Any suggestions or personal knowledge on these diet food programs?

My 41 yr old son lost 52 pounds and counting with nutra systems says he loves the food

renielarson
03-03-2009, 08:34 PM
Coney, I disagree with people growing overweight because of their lifestyle choices. Metabolism plays a major part and we need not to forget that. Some people can eat loads of food and never gain weight while others only need to "look" at the food to gain. I am the latter. My sister was the lucky one and remained pencil thin although she lived on chips, potatoes, noodles, tacos, fried chicken, and pizza.

As for losing weight, I'm a proponent of counting calories. When you are watching calories you choose foods that are low in sugar and carbs, foods that are healthier, and you are able to actually "see" what a normal portion size is.

My hubby tried every diet there was....never lost weight. Not until he finally trusted me and started counting calories. He's now 40 pounds lighter.

We'll stick with calorie counting.