PDA

View Full Version : iPhone 5 vs Galaxy s5

adventure693
09-07-2014, 08:39 AM
Has anyone switched from an iPhone5 to a galaxy s5? Just looking for a few opinions! Thanks!

Avista
09-07-2014, 09:52 AM
I stay with iPhone 5 because it syncs with my iPad and Mac.

CathyandJohn
09-07-2014, 11:39 AM
I did a month ago. Still trying to figure the Galaxy s5 out. I changed because when I updated my iphone the last time there was a glitch and I lost everything. Even Verizon could not figure it out! I can still sync stuff on my desktop and my ipad. Do not feel like I am missing a lot by not staying with iPhone.

jojo
09-07-2014, 03:24 PM
I can't compare because I have not had an Iphone but I've had the Galaxy and now have an LG Nexus5. I like the android system and the syncing with my computer. So easy to update contacts, sync with Evernote and Dropbox.

rubicon
09-07-2014, 03:40 PM
I did a month ago. Still trying to figure the Galaxy s5 out. I changed because when I updated my iphone the last time there was a glitch and I lost everything. Even Verizon could not figure it out! I can still sync stuff on my desktop and my ipad. Do not feel like I am missing a lot by not staying with iPhone.

New to IPhone 5 going to a training session this week I'll ask about the glitch associated with updating and if I get a sensible reply will post same. so far seem to like the ease with this phone

adventure693
09-08-2014, 08:35 AM
Thanks for the responses! I keep reading about the Galaxy s5 having a much better screen, better camera, nicer email, contacts and calendar apps, etc. I've had iPhones for a few yrs, but little irritated that Apple is so proprietary, doesn't do Flash , etc.

CathyandJohn
09-08-2014, 08:58 AM
The Galaxy screen is wonderful for me as I do not have to squint to see it. I also love the quality of pictures on it.

asianthree
09-08-2014, 09:01 AM

Lost everything on y iPhone too AT&T could not fix it

NYGUY
09-08-2014, 09:19 AM
I got the new Samsung Galaxy S5 about a week ago.....love it!!!:smiley:

alanmcdonald
09-08-2014, 01:53 PM
Don't give up on iPhones until after tomorrow's iPhone 6 announcement.

I'll be pre-ordering to replace my 5 and my wife's 4s as soon as the site opens.

Lpierleo
09-08-2014, 03:09 PM
I have the IPhone 5s and my husband got the Galaxy 5S. Hands down, if I still could I would be changing mine back to an android as well. IMHO Apple too proprietary and pictures on the Galaxy are awesome. Live and learn I guess.

TV MAN
09-08-2014, 03:38 PM
Just and FYI the Galaxy will do flash but you need to install a piece of software and use Boat Browser. Both are free but takes a few steps to configure to have it work but it does.

LoriAnn
09-08-2014, 04:40 PM
It's all about apps. If you are someone who likes the latest and best in apps then you want iPhone. Developers have a tendency to develop for iPhone first.

saratogaman
09-08-2014, 05:38 PM
Galaxy S% is great...recommend downloading manual and keep on your home computer for quick reference.

villagetinker
09-08-2014, 07:36 PM
Been using Galaxy S3 for almost 2 years, and love them, with contract about to expire looking to go with the S5. I have had problems/concerns with the Apple strong hold on their equipment and software, early in my computer experiences. I much prefer the open systems, HOWEVER, you must arrange for virus protection. We use NORTON 360 for the home PCs and the phones, very reasonable on cost and very god protection.