PDA

View Full Version : Toledo's Tony Packo's Comes to the Villages

judylou
03-25-2008, 12:49 PM
In Toledo Ohio there is a famous Hungarian restarant called Tony Packo's and they have just opened up in Crazy Gringo's. They are famous for their hot dogs, stuffed cabbage, and chicken paprika. If you like that kind of food you should not be disappointed. The prices are reasonable too. Tony Packo's was made more famous by Jamie Farr who played Klinger on the old TV show Mash. He was originally from Toledo and he loved Tony Packo's so much they wrote in the series. Please give this place a try.

Sidney Lanier
03-25-2008, 12:52 PM
We are great M*A*S*H fans, recently 'toured' Ohio, but just ran out of time/miles and couldn't get to Toledo to try these great hot dogs. Will definitely check them out here in TV! Thanks for the tip; I think I also saw it in the <I>Daily Sun</I> or somewhere else locally.

Donna
03-25-2008, 01:00 PM
"They are famous for their hot dogs, stuffed cabbage, and chicken paprika."

That's all I need to be happy... :hot: :hot: 040

chelsea24
03-27-2008, 03:35 AM
OMG I haven't had Chicken Paprika since my mother was alive! Where is this place? And where is Crazy Gringo's??? ???

chuckinca
03-27-2008, 05:04 AM
Crazy Gringo's:

http://local.yahoo.com/details?id=13938923&stx=crazy+gringo%27s&csz=Lady+Lake+FL&ed=bdxHmK160Sz2_FxQUjKt4Pk6K.hTsDXyn29ZqzMI5nXfw6W _ExZwGQMjdp9DWjW9gLyppxS.cLnCKw--

Tony Packo's:

http://www.tonypackos.com/index.php

Muncle
03-27-2008, 06:34 AM
Chuck, thanx for the link. I checked their menu and they don't have goulash soup. How can we have a Hungarian place without goulash soup. With all the great foods I had in my years in Germany, Gulaschsuppe was one of the best --- okay, after the beer. But I do want to try the fried peppers and pickles and maybe the chicken paprika and dumplings.

Boomer
03-27-2008, 12:58 PM
Thank you judylou,

Every now and then, we head up 75, right through Toledo, to visit family in Michigan. I am going to have a look at the map on the site Chuck linked (Thanks Chuck) and find out where we can find one of these places. This stuff looks great. We can get in touch with our German roots. (Close enough.) - and even schlep some specialties back with us.

Boomer

zcaveman
03-27-2008, 06:34 PM
Don't get too excited about the Tony Packo's in Gringos. Very limited menu.

Hot dogs, Chicken Paprikas, stuffed cabbage, chili (meat and chicken), fried pickles and about 6 sides.

No soup, goulash, etc.

Z

chuckinca
03-28-2008, 02:40 AM
Chuck, thanx for the link. I checked their menu and they don't have goulash soup. How can we have a Hungarian place without goulash soup. With all the great foods I had in my years in Germany, Gulaschsuppe was one of the best --- okay, after the beer. But I do want to try the fried peppers and pickles and maybe the chicken paprika and dumplings.

Muncle:

The goulash soup in Germany was just about as good as the noodle soup in Saigon and both served in the bars!

fraurauch
03-28-2008, 12:23 PM
We have friends in Toledo and have been to Tony Packos a number of times over the years. I have been buying their hot dog sauce on line for years. I saw the the new Fresh Market coming to Buffalo Ridge has Packos hot dog sauce on line. Hope they sell it in the market. Delish!

dandt
04-25-2008, 06:27 PM
Went there for lunch today. The hot dog was fine but what they call chili (?) spread on top was disgusting. But even more disgusting was a side called paprika dumplings. First and last visit!

zcaveman
04-26-2008, 12:36 AM
I had the chili when I was there and it was bad.

I feel no need to return.