PDA

View Full Version : Trash Pick-up??????

Evelyn
03-28-2008, 12:01 PM
Will someone please explain to me what in the devil is happening with the trash-pick-up.
This morning they haven't picked up the recycled things...........just the other bags......
last week they left all the other bags and picked up the clear recycling bags!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't understand what is happening...........HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!! ???

Taltarzac
03-28-2008, 01:16 PM
Will someone please explain to me what in the devil is happening with the trash-pick-up.
This morning they haven't picked up the recycled things...........just the other bags......
last week they left all the other bags and picked up the clear recycling bags!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't understand what is happening...........HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!! ???

Last week around my Village-- Lynnhaven-- they picked up the regular bags first and then a few hours later came back to get the recyclable materials. Maybe, they need to go dump these bags off wherever they take it because of the increased number of bags???

Don H
03-29-2008, 09:36 PM
In my town, I don't live in TV yet, they make seperate runs for recycling and trash when it is picked up on the same day. They can't mix it in the same truck since the truck disposes of it at different places. Several hours may pass between the two pickups. Maybe that's what's going on. Just a thought...

HankD
04-18-2008, 09:18 PM
Heck! Over here in Tall Trees they haven't figured out what is trash and what is re-cycle. I have been using clear trash bags (bought from Sam's club) since I came down here in 2006 and now they think it is recycle material!!! ??? Can't they see the difference in the stuff inside??? They need to give us bins to use like other communities and then we can separate it ourselves and the only thing they have to do is dump it in the right spot on the truck ;D Even THEY should be able to handle that!

BOMBERO
04-19-2008, 01:35 PM
Could you please explain who "THEY" are.

The rules state no more clear bags for garbage.
Clear bags are for recycling only. If we had bins, there would be rules about bringing them in when empty. IMHO I think TV are afraid that you and others would not follow the rules on this and TV would look terrible. I think the place looks better with no garbage cans. Don't you? No recycling bins...... same thing.

8:01 am and your trash isn't gone yet?????? Maybe you were number two on the list and not the first house that day.

LovinItAtTheVillages
04-19-2008, 03:46 PM
Does anyone know........if snowbirds can put trash pick up on Vacation status??

ConeyIsBabe
04-21-2008, 09:49 PM
SPEAKING OF TRASH............. how often is it picked up? Does the homeowner have to roll the full can out to the curb the night before pickup? That's how it works in my town; I roll my pail down my 100' driveway, to the street, on Sunday..... for a Monday morning pickup. Then roll the can uphill when it's empty ::)

jadebox
04-21-2008, 10:17 PM
No garbage cans or bins allowed. Love it this way. I lived in an upscale area before coming here and there were people who did not bring in their trash cans. Looked awful.

villages07
04-22-2008, 12:00 AM
Luvnit....sorry, no 'vacation' mode for trash....everyone pays it every month, regardless of how much you use it.

Coney...pick up regular trash twice a week (me - Tues and Fri); recyclables once a week (Fri) and lawn waste (clippings, fronds, etc) once a week (Wed).

All trash is in bags...no bins or cans.

renielarson
04-22-2008, 12:13 AM
When in TV recently I noticed the time for our trash pickup had changed. They used to pick up at our house about 4:30 in the morning. This last time it was during the afternoon.

I'm assuming recycling has changed their schedules ??? ??? ???

ConeyIsBabe
04-22-2008, 12:34 AM
Villages07..... thanks for the response...... but it leads me to another question: if no gargage pails are allowed, where do you take the bags of garbage to be picked up, twice a week ? (Sorry, if this sounds like a dumb question) ? :dontknow: :dontknow:

JohnM
04-22-2008, 12:53 AM
You put them at the curb the night before trash day...

LindaManson
05-25-2008, 10:52 PM
I live in Duval and I notice that as new villages are sold and more people move in, the schedule changes. We used to have pickup early and now it is later near midday. We have had no trouble with the trash/recycle pickup at all. we put recycle on one side of the driveway and trash on the other side on Friday.

zcaveman
05-26-2008, 02:14 AM
Pickup times seem to vary. For a while it was early in our area nad now it is about 10 AM. Just about the time you get lax and put your garbage out in the morning, they will be there and gone by 6 AM.

curly
09-26-2008, 03:57 PM
What exactly do we recycle? Will be New to TV.

redwitch
09-26-2008, 09:55 PM
If it has a recycle symbol on it, you can recycle it. Just be sure to put it in the clear plastic bags. My bags are usually pretty full so I tape my newspapers and put them to the side. They do take them that way, just not loose.