PDA

View Full Version : This forum is restricted to new threads by members with 10 posts or less.

Talk Host
03-29-2008, 10:11 PM
If you have over 10 posts to your name, please do not start a new thread here, use the other forums.

Thanks
The Administrators

privtbnkr
09-17-2008, 07:03 AM
Good morning...Believe I am finally on the site...Would like to advertise an auto for sale...How do I proceed with this?

Thanks!

George

TonyDi
10-22-2008, 09:41 AM
Why is my attempt to contact you my e-mail address is being rejected?

If you have over 10 posts to your name, please do not start a new thread here, use the other forums.

Thanks
The Administrators

homeball
11-12-2008, 09:39 PM
I am a new member.
I started a thread in the Pet Forum,"Transporting Cats".
When I try to reply to the thread to thank everyone for their information I get a message that says that the administrators are reviewing my post.
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks,
Homeball

SUNNYMARYANN
01-06-2009, 06:44 PM
how will i know when I have posted the ten times

Talk Host
01-06-2009, 07:28 PM
In the upper right hand of your post, under your name, is the number of posts you have made. Please understand that you are not restricted to this forum, you may post anywhere in the general forums that you wish. This is only to help people get a start if they are unsure of how to do it.

Talk of the Villages

Doreen
03-20-2009, 10:19 AM
We are closing on our house in April and I found this website and am trying to figure out how to use it. What is a thread?

thanks

Talk Host
03-20-2009, 10:21 AM
Doreen,

A "thread" is a topic, like this one you are in. It is any subject that you wish to start or participate in. It is a term that is used to describe what you want to talk about. All of the subjects you see listed here are threads. People reply to threads.

ron56
06-16-2009, 11:57 AM
Talk Host,
this is my first time on this site. I'm not sure if I'm doing this right. How do I start my own post? BTW, I have been reading TOTV for a few months now and it is a great site. Lots of friendly people with great advice. Thank you.

WesternGolfers
07-10-2009, 04:27 AM
How does one post a new message?:shrug:

Talk Host
07-10-2009, 05:45 AM
How does one post a new message?:shrug:

Congratulations, you just did it.:pepper2:

babs1199
10-21-2009, 07:22 PM
How do i know if i can start a new forum or post something help...barb

Talk Host
10-21-2009, 07:37 PM
How do i know if i can start a new forum or post something help...barb

You can start a thread as simply as you posted this reply. Go to the forum in which you wish to post. Click on "New Thread" in the upper left corner and you're good to go.

JLK

RThorne
12-15-2009, 08:26 AM
How do you post a tread?

Talk Host
12-15-2009, 08:33 AM
How do you post a tread?

Once you are a member, you just go to the forum in which you wish to post the thread. At the top left is a button to click on that says, "new thread." It's that simple.

Mallory Square
12-16-2009, 10:05 AM
I am also from Albany, worked for State Ed. and have lived here for six years.

disco6373
12-18-2009, 04:22 PM
i am new here.....i did log in but later they tell me to register is that different from logging in??....i also am loking to buy a 20 inch tv how do i do it discotom

GomerPyle
12-28-2009, 12:44 PM
Looking for a little background on the procedure I will have tomorrow.
Thanks.:shrug:

zcaveman
12-28-2009, 12:54 PM
Looking for a little background on the procedure I will have tomorrow.
Thanks.:shrug:

The prep is the worst part and you have probably already started that. I hope you have a good book to read. :1rotfl:

GuyWin
02-11-2010, 06:01 PM
Administrator,

Thank you for whatever you did. Looks like I'm now able to post!

batesgraf2
03-07-2010, 12:16 PM
How do I post a message?

Pturner
03-07-2010, 01:03 PM
Hi Batesgraf2,

You did it! You posted your first message. Welcome to TOTV and happy posting.

graciegirl
03-07-2010, 01:12 PM
Hi there. Welcome to you. Ask any question or make any comment. There are a lot of folks who are glad you are here.

Lynda
03-07-2010, 04:20 PM
:mademyday: I just want to give a big THANK YOU to the administrator of this site and all the great people who have taken their time to answer the many questions that we the "new" villagers have. Never in my many years have I encountered such a wonderful group of people! I'm soo happy I finally decided to make the move to TV -- see you all in exactly 12 days - can't wait to meet all of you!! See you soon! :wave:

alicehelen
07-11-2010, 02:31 PM
Does anyone know if there is an Italian-American Club at The Villages?
We are just building in the fall & will be moving in in the Spring - would love to know if there is one & if not, how do we start one? Also, is there a dart club or anywhere to play darts? Thanks!!:)

Bogie Shooter
07-11-2010, 02:51 PM
We are just building in the fall & will be moving in in the Spring - would love to know if there is one & if not, how do we start one? Also, is there a dart club or anywhere to play darts? Thanks!!:)
There are 6 Italian related clubs listed on TV club list.
http://www.districtgov.org/images/ClubsListing.pdf

Pturner
07-11-2010, 10:34 PM

Welcome to TV and to TOTV. You will love TV. There are clubs for everything and the nicest people you could ever hope to meet.

Hope you'll continue posting. We have fun and informative conversations and we'd love for you to join in!

chuckinca
07-12-2010, 12:40 AM

Check out the Virginia Trace Website for TV Info also:

http://www.virginiatrace.com/

alicehelen
07-12-2010, 05:55 PM
Thanks for the info - I printed out what I needed from the Virginia Trace Club listing!

soccer
08-27-2010, 05:53 PM
I'm new to this site

bkcunningham1
08-27-2010, 06:30 PM
Welcome to Talk of the Villages (TOTV) soccer. What brings you here? Tell us something about yourself, ask questions or add comments. Either way, pull up a chair and sit a spell.

Pturner
08-27-2010, 06:35 PM
Hi Soccer,
:welcome: Thanks for joining us. What's on your mind?

richardblanchard
09-25-2010, 04:19 AM

Thanks
The Administrators

We are considering moving to the Villages. We are planning our site seeing of the area in October. I wold like to hear from people regarding the pros and cons of The Villages. If anyone has any please let us know. Thanks

Robhall
09-25-2010, 05:47 AM
Ok, I think I am starting to understand.

graciegirl
09-25-2010, 06:30 AM
Ok, I think I am starting to understand.

Welcome Rob. Hope you enjoy this site. Please tell us what you are starting to understand. You will find a lot of nice people who are interested in what you have to say.

Have a chair. Where are you from?

I am Gracie. I am from Ohio.

armywrestle
09-25-2010, 09:31 AM
I saw on another thread some estimates of closing costs on a new home in TV.
It showed impact fees of about 10K. Is that correct? I thought those fees were included in the price of the home and lot. Trying to decide between new and resale and that certainly would effect my decision. Your help is appreciated.

graciegirl
09-25-2010, 11:10 AM
The closing costs are only if you have a loan and that depends from whom you get the loan and the kind of loan it is.

The homes have a bond. The news ones have a full bond and the resales have bonds that are paid down some or paid off. Be sure to ask about that. The bonds are different costs depending on what kind of house.

srob004
12-15-2010, 12:02 PM
I am trying to find the name and phone number to schedule a visit to VT. Does this limit my purchase of a pre-owened property by staying at VT? (first post do please forgive if not in the correct area)

Pturner
12-15-2010, 12:16 PM
I am trying to find the name and phone number to schedule a visit to VT. Does this limit my purchase of a pre-owened property by staying at VT? (first post do please forgive if not in the correct area)

You did fine posting in this forum. Welcome to TOTV!! :a040:

Did you mean that you want to schedule a visit to TV (The Villages)? If so, you can call 1-800-346-4556. Staying in TV on a Lifestyle Preview is a wonderful way to see what TV has to offer. No, you are not limited to new or pre-owned. If you have your TV sales person show you homes in TV he/she will show you only new homes or pre-owned homes listed for sale by TV. To see homes listed on the MLS, you would need to contact an MLS Realtor.

On one of our Lifestyle visits, we used both a TV sales agent and an MLS Realtor. We ultimately purchased a resale listed on the MLS.

srob004
12-15-2010, 12:48 PM
couple of more question please. I just tried to schedule a visit to the villages but was told the dates I and my wife can go where not available. In trying to change the dates was told I would only be able to hold another date for "one hour" while I tried to change work and look at different flights. Now to the questions:
1. Can a MLS agent get us onto The Villages to look at property if we are not staying there?
2. Can an MLS agent show us new as well as pre-owened property?

obervation---sales staff are not extremely accommodating

graciegirl
12-15-2010, 01:32 PM
couple of more question please. I just tried to schedule a visit to the villages but was told the dates I and my wife can go where not available. In trying to change the dates was told I would only be able to hold another date for "one hour" while I tried to change work and look at different flights. Now to the questions:
1. Can a MLS agent get us onto The Villages to look at property if we are not staying there?

Welcome to you. I think your problem is simply this, you have chosen a time to request a lifestyle visit at the same time as many, many others and they have arranged theirs awhile back.

It just means that the accommodations that the villages offer you at a nice rate are all taken at the time you want. You can pay for your own hotel and the sales people will help you for sure.

They weren't being unfriendly. When you come you will see how busy and crowded we are here in The Villages in January, Feb and March. We are the second fastest growing small town in the U.S. I just read that right here on this forum!!

It is worth the wait. You will love it.

Kindest wishes,

Gracie

mgm4444
12-15-2010, 01:58 PM
Gracie - there are no closing costs if you don't take out a mortgage?

The closing costs are only if you have a loan and that depends from whom you get the loan and the kind of loan it is.

The homes have a bond. The news ones have a full bond and the resales have bonds that are paid down some or paid off. Be sure to ask about that. The bonds are different costs depending on what kind of house.

Larry Wilson
12-15-2010, 02:29 PM

Only The Villages can get you in to lifestyle visits. VLS can only sell new homes. VLS and MLS don't show the same homes ( don't share listings.) MLS can only show pre-owned homes. Jan. Feb. March very full here. Many hotels here. VLS can sell pre-owned too. As of today there are 156 VLS realtors and 149 MLS realtors working in The Villages. Always many many homes for sale.

ProfDuckworth
01-07-2011, 05:55 PM
....finally, I'm in !

graciegirl
01-07-2011, 06:16 PM
....finally, I'm in !

Well sit down and rest awhile.

Tell us why you're here.

And..Welcome!

carol60
02-28-2011, 11:16 AM
Searched "TV" and happy to have found TOTV.....husband & I thinking of relocating to TV within two years. :)

obxgal
02-28-2011, 02:50 PM
http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/pp239/obxgal/TOTVrunningmen.gif

Mich_Duval
03-16-2011, 04:03 PM
Hello everyone.

Mich_Duval
03-19-2011, 10:38 AM
Searched "TV" and happy to have found TOTV.....husband & I thinking of relocating to TV within two years. :)
Where in Michigan are you from? We're from Waterford, MI

kundog
03-20-2011, 09:05 PM
I am trying to ask questions regarding tv. Example. Who is responsible for the open areas if moles or fire ants are discovered? Is there a certain phone to call? Are their requirements as to when they would be dealt with?

thank you

graciegirl
03-20-2011, 10:09 PM
I am trying to ask questions regarding tv. Example. Who is responsible for the open areas if moles or fire ants are discovered? Is there a certain phone to call? Are their requirements as to when they would be dealt with?

thank you

Do you mean the areas that are NOT in your own yard?

If so the common areas are the responsibility of the developers. Usually they take care of those things by their constant maintenance. The groundkeepers handle those things, but if you think there is a problem, you can bring it to their attention.

jgbama
03-27-2011, 10:26 PM
I've noticed at the bottom of a lot of posts the user has listed places they lived or a quote. Do you edit that in the signature block of the User CP section?

Thanks,

John

chuckinca
03-27-2011, 10:45 PM
Yes

And, welcome to TOTV!

robertj1954
03-31-2011, 08:20 AM
Good morning, we officially moved into our new home in Hacienda South on 3-22-11 but the past days have had us so busy we have not been online. The work remains but we are finding ourselves settling into our normal living routine, which of course, includes the internet.

We are delighted to be here in The Villages and we have had nothing but positive experiences with regard to our move, having upgrades done via contractors referred by fellow Villagers via Talk of the Villages. Thank you for the great referrals it certainly made our life less stressful.

I wish to share some contractor names with the group because they have done an outstanding job in making our new home experience pleasant as a result of their workmanship and people skills.

Debbie Gentry - ERA Tom Grizzard Realtors 352-217-3179
Outstanding realtor, who helped us find our new home and coordinated and resolved any issue involving the purchase.

John Mathews - Mortgage Broker - 352-434-2246
Handled our mortgage process smoothly and got us to a problem free closing.

Mike Howell - National Property Inspections - 352-793-5858
One of the first steps in buying a used home is to have it inspected by a professional and competent property inspector prior to signing a sales contract. Mike did an outstanding job in pointing out potential issues with the house that required attention. Thanks to Mike we were able to work with the seller to negotiate a better price and make needed corrections.

E&G Tile - Eddie - 407-375-6627
I cannot say enough good things about Eddie and his quality craftsmanship laying floor tiling. He is outstanding and you will not go wrong if you use him for any of your tile needs.

Greg Bachel - Greg's Handyman Services - 352-454-8270
Greg helped make many of the repairs identified by the inspection. In addition he installed our new microwave and in wall oven. This was not easy because it required custom work on the cabinets. He took the time to find wood that matched the existing cabinets and the install of the microwave looks better then we envisioned. He has great people skills and does great work.

Lowe's Installation Team - 352-259-6500 ext 810
They installed our new carpet and delivered and installed our Refrigerator and dishwasher. Each member of the team was pleasant, prompt, and their workmanship was good. We also got some great deals from Lowe's on our stainless appliances.

Finally our new friends/neighbors. Chuck, Sammy, Willow, Barbara they all went out of their way to welcome us into the neighborhood and even cooked lunches and dinners during our busy days moving. Winnie bakes the best cookies ! Thank you all and we look forward happy times with you in the Villages...
:ho:

billmar
05-17-2011, 04:02 AM
I'm new to posting. I tried to respond to a post using quick reply and when I clicked to submit, it said it was spam and had to be reviewed by the administrator. I used post reply and it worked ok. What is the difference in these two methods?
Also, how do you "quote original text" in a reply?

Thanks!

Yorio
07-21-2011, 11:38 AM
After 5 years of visiting friends as well as taking advantages of the Life Style Packages, we finally bought a place in TV this February. Last December we made a bid on a pre-owned home but lost out on a bid. This January we decided on a new home and closed the following month. In 20/20 hindsight, I think this was better. The most difficult part was to convince my wife that she will enjoy it too. Luckily our son's move from NY to Orlando made her make up her mind. Also, heavy snow storm in 2010 around DC area with no electricity for 3 days did the trick. She still won't let me pack up and move yet so 13 hour "commute" will prevail for a while. We'll take auto train this go around. Hurrah, at least, I am doing this for real. No more snow shoveling for me.:BigApplause:

graciegirl
07-21-2011, 02:51 PM
After 5 years of visiting friends as well as taking advantages of the Life Style Packages, we finally bought a place in TV this February. Last December we made a bid on a pre-owned home but lost out on a bid. This January we decided on a new home and closed the following month. In 20/20 hindsight, I think this was better. The most difficult part was to convince my wife that she will enjoy it too. Luckily our son's move from NY to Orlando made her make up her mind. Also, heavy snow storm in 2010 around DC area with no electricity for 3 days did the trick. She still won't let me pack up and move yet so 13 hour "commute" will prevail for a while. We'll take auto train this go around. Hurrah, at least, I am doing this for real. No more snow shoveling for me.:BigApplause:

Welcome to you. I think you and your wife have made a wise choice. We bought a home three years ago to snowbird and now we have just moved here to live year 'round.

I hope that every day here brings peace and happiness and that you will have more than your usual share of sweet surprises.

Kindest wishes,
Gracie.

Ralph Kaberngael
07-21-2011, 03:40 PM
I am new to this and plan on renting if we can find something for us and our cat long term (6 mo -year or more). Can I post what we are looking for here?

If so: 3/2 for my wife and I who are retired and our cat (not retired), furnished or unfurnished for 6 mo - year or more. Looking at October 1, 2011 but flexible.

Thanks.

Ralph and Shirley
Dayton, NV
Email: Vewtec@aol.com
775-443-5164

njbchbum
07-21-2011, 05:07 PM
ralph - here is one source for searching out rentals:
http://thevillages4rent.com/

am sure more posters will be along shortly with some otherwebsites for you!

Pturner
07-21-2011, 07:15 PM
Welcome Yorio and Ralph. Thanks for joining us here on TOTV. Yorio, congratulations on your new home! Why am I not surprised that you lvoe it here. :highfive:

renielarson
07-24-2011, 03:30 PM
Hi! I'm not new to The Villages but I'm new here. My neighbor mentioned this site to me. I have been "lurking" for some time now and decided it was time to become a member so I could post. I've been working on my profile information and this is a test to see if my picture and signature display correctly.

angiefox10
07-24-2011, 03:31 PM
Looks good to me!!! :BigApplause:

Bettiboop
07-24-2011, 03:42 PM
Hi! I'm not new to The Villages but I'm new here. My neighbor mentioned this site to me. I have been "lurking" for some time now and decided it was time to become a member so I could post. I've been working on my profile information and this is a test to see if my picture and signature displays correctly.

Hi and :welcome:! Glad you've decided to join in. :thumbup: Love your screen name...wish I had thought of it. :D

njbchbum
07-24-2011, 03:47 PM
:welcome: love your avatar! your post looks good to me!

renielarson
07-24-2011, 03:54 PM
OK...after a few tweaks I got it right. I've participated in forums about how to fix computer problems so I'm going to give the regular rooms (are they called rooms?) here a try. Forgive me if I mess up.

Bill-n-Brillo
07-24-2011, 05:01 PM
...... Forgive me if I mess up.

Don't worry if you do. Many of us on here are already messed up......well, speaking for myself at least! :1rotfl:

Welcome to TOTV!

Bill :)

angiefox10
07-24-2011, 05:02 PM
Have fun!!! But be warned... It's addicting!!! :posting:

Schaumburger
07-24-2011, 06:54 PM
OK...after a few tweaks I got it right. I've participated in forums about how to fix computer problems so I'm going to give the regular rooms (are they called rooms?) here a try. Forgive me if I mess up.

Love your closing quote: re·tire·ment noun (ri-ˈtī(-ə)r-mənt): When every day is Saturday :coolsmiley:

Pturner
07-24-2011, 06:59 PM
:wave: Flipflopz,

Welcome. We're so glad you joined us! Love your screen name and the casual, carefree living it evokes. Nice avatar too. :thumbup:

Pturner
07-24-2011, 07:00 PM
Have fun!!! But be warned... It's addicting!!! :posting:

Yeah, I think I read that somewhere. ;)

renielarson
07-28-2011, 04:41 AM
Thank you all.

skyguy79
07-28-2011, 09:57 AM
re·tire·ment noun (ri-ˈtī(-ə)r-mənt): When every day is SaturdayBoy, I sure hope that you didn't work weekends or that would be a real bummer of a retirement! http://forum.watmm.com/public/style_emoticons/default/cry.gif

Yorio
07-30-2011, 09:09 AM
Reading and posting on TOTV is fun and am learning a lot about what to do and what to avoid. Since this is my 10th post, though not necessarily all here, i'll be graduating from this post and moving on. However, as a newbie to TOTV and TV(Feb '11), I was wondering whether we get welcome party for newbies. Just like college freshmen of yesteryears, we can wear The Village beanies.

JohnN
07-30-2011, 03:48 PM
Yorio, there is a TOTV lunch each month. Time/date/place is posted in the other forums. I think you've got to bring your own beanie and diploma.

Oh yeah, new folks buy the lunch!
Seems like a tradition we SHOULD start
:BigApplause:

Yorio
07-31-2011, 09:20 AM
JohnN. Great that you have a monthly lunch. Who are running these luncheons? In order for newbies not to be wall flowers, are there ways to recognize them? If there are ways, newbies can talk amongst themselves even if old timers are catching up on their old conversation. It's great that there is such a luncheon. For newbies, it needs a little courage to even start posting amongst the seasoned posters. I lurked around for a while before I started posting.

2BNTV
07-31-2011, 10:03 AM
JohnN. Great that you have a monthly lunch. Who are running these luncheons? In order for newbies not to be wall flowers, are there ways to recognize them? If there are ways, newbies can talk amongst themselves even if old timers are catching up on their old conversation. It's great that there is such a luncheon. For newbies, it needs a little courage to even start posting amongst the seasoned posters. I lurked around for a while before I started posting.

Although, you didn't ask me. The Crispers luncheon is held every third Friday of the month, every month at 3 PM. It's located in the Southern Trace Shopping Mall.

Usually a reminder is posted by KathieI.

Lily2
08-01-2011, 10:04 AM
I am a widow and want to rent for two separate months in the winter. Is this doable? How can I get a reliable rent? Is by-owner or through TV the best option?
Interested in Feb 2012 and April 2012

Lily

replies here or to my email would be appreciated

Lily2
08-02-2011, 12:19 AM
my message #77 says that there have been responses however, i cannot find any?????? Help please. where to look for people who have responded to my question

lily

Schaumburger
08-02-2011, 12:26 AM
I am a widow and want to rent for two separate months in the winter. Is this doable? How can I get a reliable rent? Is by-owner or through TV the best option?
Interested in Feb 2012 and April 2012

Lily

replies here or to my email would be appreciated

Lily2, Welcome to TOTV. For rentals, try www.thevillages4rent.com, www.****.com and www.thevillagesdailysun.com, classified ad section, furnished homes for rent. Good luck in your rental search. :welcome: