PDA

View Full Version : Golf cart seatbelt installers

renielarson
04-03-2008, 01:43 AM
I have the seatbelts and now need someone to install them for me. Any recommendations on who I can call?

Hyacinth Bucket
04-03-2008, 03:06 AM
Hi Brightspot,

Looking forward to meeting you.

We use Carl from All About Carts 352 -409 - 2702

He is installing seat belts for us, more front halogen lights on the cart and converting our two seater into a four seater.

He has done work on the cart before. We have no hesitation in recommending him highly. I you have any questions please let us know.

HB

PJ
04-03-2008, 03:14 AM
Brightspot,
In case you need an alternative, or want a 2nd estimate, I had Tom Walsh 430-9240 install my seat belts, an additional back seat, and safety bar in my cart. He did a great job, and I highly recommend him.

renielarson
04-08-2008, 11:41 PM
PJ....

Tom Walsh installed our seatbelts today and I want to thank you for the referral. He did an A-1, #1 job and I'd also recommend him.

Tom...you are :#1: (I did that because I told him about this site and hope he sees how happy I am with his work.)

I'm now thinking about adding an extra back seat and if I do, will talk to Tom first for advice.

HB...Carl's would only install their own belts and since I had purchased mine somewhere else, they wouldn't do the work for me.

TomW
04-09-2008, 12:02 AM
Just curious but there seems to be some preference for having a rear seat in carts. We we last visited TV in Feb, we talked to the people at Village Carts and they discouraged us from a four seater. I was thinking that it would be handy for guests when they visited, etc. Are there other good reasons for a four top?????

nONIE
04-09-2008, 12:30 AM
Tom,

I am curious as to why they discouraged you from getting a 4 seater. We have a 4 seater and I cant tell you how many times we took company on rides around the villages. Personally I think they're great and I really dont see any disadvantage to having a four seater. It seems to have just as much power with the two extra people as without them. (We have an electric cart). Personally I love having the two extra seats.

renielarson
04-09-2008, 12:52 AM
I'm wondering where I would go to order an extra 2 seater to be installed on the back of my cart. Any suggestions?

When installed, does it look like an add-on job or does it blend well?

I also want the add-on to be upholstered in the same fabric as the other seats. Is that possible?

And the cost? Is it expensive to buy an extra 2 seater and what does it cost to install it?

Guess I have a lot of questions. ??? ??? ???

nONIE
04-09-2008, 01:01 AM
I'm wondering where I would go to order an extra 2 seater to be installed on the back of my cart. Any suggestions?

When installed, does it look like an add-on job or does it blend well?

I also want the add-on to be upholstered in the same fabric as the other seats. Is that possible?

And the cost? Is it expensive to buy an extra 2 seater and what does it cost to install it?

Guess I have a lot of questions. ??? ??? ???

Bright,

You probably should go to the golf cart dealer that carries your brand golfcart.

Ours is an add on and I think it looks great but it came that way so it was upholstered in the same fabric.

They run about a thousand dollars extra.

Best option is call or visit your golf cart dealership. Good luck!

Muncle
04-09-2008, 02:10 AM
Since I know almost nothing on the subject, I have an opinion. Don't do it. If you want a 4-seater, trade your 2-seater in and buy a new one. The standard cart does not have the suspension for a 4 seater. Assuming you have a "Sunbrella" or equivalent, you're going to have to replace it. You'll also have to add one of those obnoxious golf bag holders that we all hate because they stick out into the middle of the :edit: street when you park on Canal Street and either block traffic or risk getting sideswiped but it's nothing personal though people who insist on parking those things like they're standard carts should be shot but only after they are drawn and quartered.

I trust my reasoned comments have provided some insight..

PJ
04-09-2008, 03:01 AM
Soooo funny Muncle! You never run out of it do you?? LOL

Brightspot I ordered my belts, safety bar, and seat, etc. from Buggies Unlimited. You can call them for a free catalog at 1-888-444-9994, and see their stuff & prices here:
http://www.buggiesunlimited.com/

After I found what I wanted in the catalog, I called and ordered by phone, because I had a few questions. They were very helpful and courteous, and I recommend them highly.

Any golfing accessories weren't an issue for me since I'm not a golfer. Good luck!

renielarson
04-09-2008, 03:12 AM
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh96/renielarson/36_6_121.gif Heard you loud and clear, my good neighbor, Muncle....http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh96/renielarson/15_4_1321.gif (you can't see my face nor body language so you don't know if I'm serious or not...na, na, na, na, na, na)

Thanks PJ.... ;D ;D ;D