PDA

View Full Version : Should NFL Referee be Fired

nitehawk
09-30-2014, 07:20 AM
Chiefs (Husain Abdullsh) was flagged 15 yards after kneeling in the end zone in Muslim prayer after scoring a touchdown
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/chiefs-player-gets-penalized-after-kneeling-in-muslim-prayer-035223137.html

redwitch
09-30-2014, 07:43 AM
Abdullah showed a lot of class by taking the blame and letting the ref off, claiming he "got excited" and slid into prayer. Sorry, the ref was dead wrong. As long as Christian players can say a prayer after a TD (i.e., Tebow), then there should be no penalty for other religious players saying a prayer.

As to firing the ref, I don't think so. A fine or suspension and some sensitivity training would be fair.

Bruiser1
09-30-2014, 09:20 AM
Chiefs (Husain Abdullsh) was flagged 15 yards after kneeling in the end zone in Muslim prayer after scoring a touchdown
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/chiefs-player-gets-penalized-after-kneeling-in-muslim-prayer-035223137.html

"Excessive Celebration"? Really?

He fell to his knees -then got up !

(it wasn't like the guy that "lined up a putt" and had 4 guys watch)

:bigbow:

nitehawk
09-30-2014, 09:23 AM
Abdullah showed a lot of class by taking the blame and letting the ref off, claiming he "got excited" and slid into prayer. Sorry, the ref was dead wrong. As long as Christian players can say a prayer after a TD (i.e., Tebow), then there should be no penalty for other religious players saying a prayer.

As to firing the ref, I don't think so. A fine or suspension and some sensitivity training would be fair.

blueash
09-30-2014, 09:56 AM
Is there any concern that we need to remove this from our list of smilies?

15 yards for being sort of foreignish.

zcaveman
09-30-2014, 10:53 AM
I never thought that celebrating a touchdown should be a penalty anyway.

But since it is, why don't they penalize every Packer player that jumps into the stands after a touchdown?

As to the question, he was following the rules as he know them. I think that the other referees can over rule him after three paid commercials.

Z

Bruiser1
09-30-2014, 11:03 AM
The No Fun League has been striving to reduce the joys of the game.

It reminds me of Sam (wicky wacky) Wyshe when he coached the creamsickle colored Tampa Bay Yuckaneers.

On this game the Bucs were on task to win their annual victory.

Sam scolded them and said STOP SMILING! STOP SMILING!

I also remember John McKay coaching the Bucs. After winning tradition at USC he got wooed to coach the Bucs .

One game he was asked "what do you think of the execution of your offense"?

He replied dryly "I'm in favor of it"

:bigbow: (sorry they are doing the WAVE)

kellyjam
09-30-2014, 11:27 AM
One of the worst calls I ever saw. They announced that the penalty was for falling to his knees. Huh? But this is the NFL now where referees think they are the show. In 5 years the NFL will be flag football.

Bruiser1
09-30-2014, 03:08 PM
When do the Men of the NFL start modeling the lovely pink outfits?

Pink booties, hot pink sweatbands, gloves etc?

Why don't they do anything for prostate cancer?

llaran
09-30-2014, 03:25 PM
No, not fired, however something should be done about consisity of the crews; one crew calls every possible foul but others do not. How are the players to know what they do in one game is foul and in another is ignored.

CFrance
09-30-2014, 03:39 PM
I never thought that celebrating a touchdown should be a penalty anyway.

But since it is, why don't they penalize every Packer player that jumps into the stands after a touchdown?

As to the question, he was following the rules as he know them. I think that the other referees can over rule him after three paid commercials.

Z
!!! You have spoken volumes!

2BNTV
09-30-2014, 03:42 PM
Mark Bavarro was never penalized for genuflecting and making the sign of the trinty.

Some refs get carried away with their own importance. IMHO

Fined but not fired, along with sensitivity training.

Rollie
09-30-2014, 03:46 PM
These guys remind me of the replacement refs from a couple of years ago.

Rollie

CFrance
09-30-2014, 03:46 PM
Mark Bavarro was never penalized for genuflecting and making the sign of the trinty.

Some refs get carried away with their own importance. IMHO

Fined but not fired, along with sensitivity training.
Also... those should be full-time jobs, as in baseball. That should be their main career focus, and they should learn their job well or be let go for making too many mistakes. The inconsistency and mistakes in NFL refereeing is too high.

Dr Winston O Boogie jr
09-30-2014, 03:51 PM
If I'm not mistaken, the NFL instituted a new rules this year prohibiting players from going to their knees after a touch down. I have no idea what the logic is behind it, but it would appear the the referee had no choice.

Just conjecture on my part, but maybe it had something to do with Tebowing. Perhaps some people were offended by people making fun of a devout Christian.

Christians kneeling will be dealt with the same way.

karostay
09-30-2014, 04:13 PM
"Excessive Celebration"? Really?

He fell to his knees -then got up !

(it wasn't like the guy that "lined up a putt" and had 4 guys watch)

What's next a pat on the back from team mate ='s sexual harassment:rolleyes:

2BNTV
09-30-2014, 04:51 PM
Also... those should be full-time jobs, as in baseball. That should be their main career focus, and they should learn their job well or be let go for making too many mistakes. The inconsistency and mistakes in NFL refereeing is too high.

Referee's are graded on their performance and the top rated ref's get the better assignments.

However, the human element is always a factor and doesn't stop me from getting steamed, when they don't get calls right. This is a big business that should not be reduced to incorrect calls, that affect the NFL product.

Some calls are so bad, they should be shipped off, to make judgement calls in wrestling. We all know that wrestling is staged for a certain outcome. I just love it, when they say there is not enough info, to overturn the ruling on the field. Aren't we all looking at the same replay? DUH!!!!!

It is disturbing when the ref's determine the outcome of a game, than the players performance.

bimmertl
09-30-2014, 08:47 PM
If I'm not mistaken, the NFL instituted a new rules this year prohibiting players from going to their knees after a touch down. I have no idea what the logic is behind it, but it would appear the the referee had no choice.

Just conjecture on my part, but maybe it had something to do with Tebowing. Perhaps some people were offended by people making fun of a devout Christian.

Christians kneeling will be dealt with the same way.

Correct, "just conjecture" and incorrect.

NFL penalizes Muslim player for praying; league says it was wrong (updated) - The Washington Post (http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/early-lead/wp/2014/09/30/nfl-penalizes-muslin-player-for-praying-after-chiefs-touchdown/)