PDA

View Full Version : cable tv

maurgino
04-05-2008, 06:49 PM
I currently have comcast for my tv service. The price has again gone up without any notification. I am considering going with "the dish "tv.
Has anyone had any good/bad experiences with the dish? Do you lose your picture during a storm? Does this happen often? I see some dishes on people's roofs. Is this now allowed/

gemorc
04-06-2008, 12:16 AM
Federal law permits the installation of television and radio antennas and satellite dishes contrary to any deed restrictions.

aln
04-06-2008, 04:01 PM
But you will have to jump through an extra hoop. The installer will give you a statement that says he can't get adequate signal on the ground then you go back and get the permission to put it on the roof.

As for outages..... yes you get them, but I got them in WISC too - during rain and snow storms. It can be inconvenient if you're watching something and you miss a couple minutes but I think it's worth the "price".

SteveZ
04-07-2008, 05:49 PM
There are those who swear by - and some 'at' - the satellite companies for television service. Where I used to live in Central FL I had no choice as cable would not string lines out to our isolcated location.

CentFL has more than its fair share of thunderstorms and lightning, and during the summer months (especially from 4-8PM) the loss of signal was quite often. Maybe it's gotten better with new equipment, and others can resond to that.

For me, I went COMCAST (have them in my DC home) only for the reliability factor. Cost-wise, I think it's a nibble either way.

JohnN
05-27-2008, 05:26 PM
On another thread here, Golfnut posted that he pays $12/month for basic comcast service.
Since I'll be a part-timer, that's what I plan to use.