PDA

View Full Version : Lawn Maintenance Companies

captain1202
04-05-2008, 07:28 PM
I was just reading the previous "Zoysia" thread and didn't want to get off topic.

Let's get to the nub of the problem.

Which lawn service company has the most satisfied customers?

I have been frustrated with my fertilizer company telling me to water more and twice a week. I explained the watering restrictions and he as much as said "too bad".

The neighbors are watering less and getting better results. Some have companies, some do it themselves. I am getting 1" per week (actual measurement, plus any rain we have) as recommended by U of FL and whenever I check just before the watering cycle starts again the lawn roots seem to be plenty moist.

I'm convinced the fertilizer company is just giving me jive to make up for their shortcomings.

The bottom line is that some company's are better than others. Let's see what everyone has to say.

To qualify for a favorable vote the company must be giving you a green and weedless lawn. No half way measures!!

fraurauch
04-05-2008, 07:32 PM
We use Alliance Pest Control and have for four years. No complaints. Our grass (St. Augustine) always looks nice and green.

Floridagal
04-06-2008, 03:19 AM
I have Fertigator and my lawn is the nicest one on the block and my plants never looked so good.

rpribu
04-06-2008, 09:25 PM
I am using Bay Area Pest & Termite control as my lawn service. They have taken care of my lawn for 12 month's. I had to replace my lawn in Feb. 2007 because crab grass had taken over. I believe my Bahia lawn became infested because of my lawn cutting service. Well I replaced my lawn with St. Augustine at a cost of 5 big ones (not hundreds). I saved $800 by not upgrading when we built. We used, Superior, LeeCo and Chemlawn/TruGreen and always had problems with the weeds. LeeCo warned me that weeds will be a problem but controllable. TruGreen came along and told me that they would make my lawn the envy of the neighborhood. Well they turned out to be a sales organization versus a lawn service. I used them for 2 years and they seemed to call once a month offering me extra services at a inflated price. I was familiar with their operation because I used them up north. They tried killing the small patches of my crab grass without much success. I requested a supervisor come out to look at my problem. It took him almost a month after several calls to arrive. Guess what he arrived the day that 'Tom's Sod' started replacing my sod. TruGreens rep. told me they never promised to get rid of my weeds (crab grass) only that they will come out on my scheduled day and treat the weeds. I really don't want to repeat what I said but I fired them, and up north, told them I would never reccommend them nor use them again. Can you believe they still call offering their services.

captain1202
04-10-2008, 05:52 PM
post to bump