PDA

View Full Version : Moving the The Villages information request

kingman7
04-06-2008, 11:35 AM
Hi we are interested in the cost of living in TV. Can anyone tell us what it actually costs to own a home in TV (i.e. monthly maintenance; taxes; any additional monthly costs) We are very interested in knowing what the average income is for the area as well. We are not sure if we will be able to afford this area when we move from NY. Thanks Chris and Pat

villages07
04-06-2008, 12:09 PM
King,

Welcome....you can use the search function above to read lots of info from prior posts. The answer is, it all depends.....what size/value house you have, how big the lot is (water usage), bond balance, whether you are full or part time (utility usage) ..... but, a general rule of thumb for amenity, insurance, taxes, lawn/bug service, utilities (i.e non mortgage expenses) might be about $700/month for a patio villa/manufactured home to about $1,100 a month for a larger designer home. This does not include your auto expenses, food, clothing, entertainment,etc (i.e. personal expenses).

Hope this helps.

moose60061
04-06-2008, 05:14 PM
On that note I was wonering about the lawn service too. Can homeowners take care of their own lawns or is a landscaper doing all homes in TV?

JohnnyM
04-06-2008, 05:15 PM
Hi King, the following links were useful to us regarding stats and info. JohnnyM

http://www.lylesellsfla.com.z57preview.com/links_main.shtml
http://www.answers.com/topic/the-villages-florida?cat=travel

villages07
04-06-2008, 06:56 PM
Moose,

You are responsible for your own lawn and can certainly do your own maintenance. At 45-50/month, most folks opt to have a lawn service do it. This is just for cutting and trimming. Weed/feed/pest control can cost up to another $50/month or so. Again, you can do this yourself.

The common area grounds are cut by contractor to the CDD government, paid for out of your maintenance and amenity fees.

Russ_Boston
04-07-2008, 02:16 AM
What they said.

But what's up with the post being all underlined like it's one big link? I think something got messed up.