PDA

View Full Version : Columbia ParCar Quality Control and Customer Service

mamagone
04-06-2008, 06:04 PM
I purchased a Columbia ParCar and found their quality control and customer service lacking... Our sunbrella enclosure's bottom snaps were not placed in the correct position, which allowed wind and weather to penetrate the inside. I would think that there would be a standard template for this procedure as the cart is one of many and is not a used or reconditioned cart... When I called their service department, they did send a tech to our home right away. He did the best he could to correct this situation and said he would bring this to the attention of his supervisor. The supervisor did call and asked if he could send someone out to further assess the problem. He never sent anyone and when I called to ask about this, I was put into voicemail (two times) and I have yet to receive a response... The supervisor also made excuses about turnover, etc... I guess once they make the sale and have your money quality control and customer service isn't a high priority. I sent an email to their headquarters and am waiting for a reply... I would suggest to anyone purchasing a ParCar to check all aspects of this cart before taking possession.

Talk Host
04-06-2008, 08:40 PM
Nearly 4 years ago when we bought our Par Carl, the service was outstanding. In the past year or so, it is very difficult to get anybody on the phone. Voice mail is the big thing now, with no return calls the norm.

Sidney Lanier
04-06-2008, 08:51 PM
If this is how it is currently with this company, then again (as I posted a couple days ago in reference to a different company) that we need to let them know that we will make it a point of publicizing their poor service unless they get their act together. 'Boycott' is an effective tool (sorry to sound hard-nosed...)! End of discussion with them....