PDA

View Full Version : physical rehab

nancyuber
04-12-2008, 02:50 PM
I had rotator cuff surgery 3/18 and have just completed my in-home therapy through Home Health Care. Therapist, Sam. Wonderful!!! Started out patient therapy at GF therapy attached to the offices of Tri County Orthopedics. I was horrified. Very small, Very crowded and noisy. I am taking my therapy very seriously and diligently doing my exercises. Did not appreciate lack of privacy, bare chested heavy man lying next to me practiaclly touching. People sitting in waiting area with hot packs, cold packs etc. I had therapy "up north" in NJ and it was wonderful, private and peaceful. When a therapist is manipulating your shoulder and it hurts, I try to go to a peaceful place in my mind. Impossible with laughter and noise. I am going to try their place in Leesburg. Seems larger and not so cramped. Any suggestions or opinions?

macapecod
04-19-2008, 02:58 AM
The place is small, but the therapists are great. They know their stuff. I understand they will be moving into much larger place on 466, but don't know when. My husband had both knees replaced (not at the same time) and they got him rehabbed just fine. So, if you can deal with the smallness, they'll get the job done!

nancyuber
04-28-2008, 11:41 AM
Thanks for the info. I have changed to Lake rehab at Sumter Landing. Really good.