PDA

View Full Version : browns games not on t.v.

jdsl1998
10-18-2014, 06:59 PM
The Browns game tomorrow does not seem to be on TV..thought we would get to see them play seeing as they play a Florida team. We live near Colony...any idas on where to see the game...any place in The Villages?

bluedog103
10-18-2014, 07:02 PM
Beef O'Brady's

mrdills
10-19-2014, 09:12 AM
The Pub at 1'oclock, get there early we have over 130 people that come every week.

Love2cruise
10-19-2014, 10:02 AM
The Browns game tomorrow does not seem to be on TV..thought we would get to see them play seeing as they play a Florida team. We live near Colony...any idas on where to see the game...any place in The Villages?

There is a browns backer bar in the fiesta bowl bar, it's a bowling alley with a separate bar. Right behind Perkins on 441, my husband goes every game & has a great time. Get there by noon, or before to get a seat. GO BROWNS!

jimnc
10-19-2014, 10:20 AM
Beef O'Bradys in Wildwood has all the games and is less crowded than
Beef O'Bradys at Colony.

zcaveman
10-19-2014, 10:54 AM
Since the Jags are considered our area, I guess the game is blacked out because of poor ticket sales. Too bad. I really wanted to see that game.

Z

Dr Winston O Boogie jr
10-19-2014, 11:36 AM
It's hard to figure out which teams are broadcast here. Today they showing the Dolphins at Chicago. They usually show one of the Florida teams, but it's different every week.

I remember the Patriots were playing the Dolphins and I expected that the game would be shown locally. They were showing Tampa Bay instead. Sometimes it's the Jaguars.

I love going to Gators Dockside in Town Square at Spanish Springs to watch the games. It's a great atmosphere and good food. You'll find plenty of fans rooting for your team and you'll get to sit together. In fact, I'm usually disappointed when the Pats don't play on Sunday. I miss going to Gator's.

zcaveman
10-19-2014, 01:23 PM
It's hard to figure out which teams are broadcast here. Today they showing the Dolphins at Chicago. They usually show one of the Florida teams, but it's different every week.

I remember the Patriots were playing the Dolphins and I expected that the game would be shown locally. They were showing Tampa Bay instead. Sometimes it's the Jaguars.

I love going to Gators Dockside in Town Square at Spanish Springs to watch the games. It's a great atmosphere and good food. You'll find plenty of fans rooting for your team and you'll get to sit together. In fact, I'm usually disappointed when the Pats don't play on Sunday. I miss going to Gator's.
Tampa Bay and Jacksonville are considered to be in our viewing area. If the team is playing, they will be on television. If the team is on a bye - like Tampa Bay - we will get something else. When either or both are so lousy they cannot sell tickets they are subject to the NFL black-out and we do not see them. Which is probably why we are not watching Jax right now. I do remember seeing in the paper the other day that they would be on.

The blackout is usually a good thing - unless you want to watch who they are playing.

I consider it a gift because I now get to watch a better game.

Z

Average Guy
10-19-2014, 03:31 PM
Last month the FCC eliminated the Blackout Rule.

FCC sacks NFL blackout rule - Brooks Boliek - POLITICO.com (http://www.politico.com/story/2014/09/nfl-blackout-rule-fcc-111441.html)

Average Guy
10-19-2014, 03:35 PM
Last month the FCC eliminated the Blackout Rule.

FCC sacks NFL blackout rule - Brooks Boliek - POLITICO.com (http://www.politico.com/story/2014/09/nfl-blackout-rule-fcc-111441.html)

Just to clarify my earlier post, that does not mean that the NFL is dropping the Blackout Rule, It is written into their contracts with the television networks. These contracts are in effect until 2022.

Jaggy
10-19-2014, 04:03 PM
If Miami was playing at home then the Jaguars are the televised team.. Have no idea why, that is what the husband tells me.. all I know , this is the first game the Jaguars won this year and I didn't get to watch it at home.

John_W
10-19-2014, 10:22 PM
If you've ever wondered why so many people have Directv, this thread answers the question. NFL Sunday Ticket.

Miles42
10-19-2014, 11:34 PM
They lost to the Jags????