PDA

View Full Version : Kansas City Royals Talk

BarryRX
10-01-2014, 07:43 AM
Congrats to KC and Pittsburg I wonder what the ratings for the World Series will be.

Dr Winston O Boogie jr
10-01-2014, 09:01 AM
KC was at 16-1 and Pittsburgh 14-1 to win the World Series prior to winning the Wild Card Playoffs games. The Dodgers and Angels are both at 5-1. I don't think much has changed because of one win.

It was great for the Royals fans to have a post season game after so many years and it was especially great for them that they won. But I wouldn't bet the farm on either the Royals or the Pirates going much further.

These additional wildcard playoff games only serve to make more money for MLB and the teams by allowing four more teams who have little chance of going anywhere to have one more game. Of course the Red Sox won the WS in 2004 as a Wild Card team, but they had a better record than two of the first place teams in the league. In fact, they had the third best record in all of baseball which is why it's good to have a wild card team.

In the case of the Pirates and Giants, they were ties so I think that additional game was a good thing. One more team is not bad when that team is close, but I am concerned that they're going to keep expanding the playoffs until we have a bunch of team that shouldn't be there. Of course the weather conditions prevent baseball from extending the season much longer so maybe that will never be a problem.

I'd love to see the teams seeded according to their record by the way with no regard for whether or not they won their division by the way. Same with football. I don't like to see a team with a much better record having the home field advantage simply because they were in a weaker division. It's happened too many times.

Taltarzac725
10-01-2014, 11:41 AM
Congrats to KC and Pittsburg I wonder what the ratings for the World Series will be.

Live Major League Baseball Scores | MLB.com: Scoreboard (http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/scoreboard/index.jsp?tcid=nav_mlb_scoreboard#date=10/1/2014)

Do not the Pirates have to get past the Giants tonight?

zcaveman
10-01-2014, 07:47 PM
Live Major League Baseball Scores | MLB.com: Scoreboard (http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/scoreboard/index.jsp?tcid=nav_mlb_scoreboard#date=10/1/2014)

Do not the Pirates have to get past the Giants tonight?

Yes they do.

Z

eweissenbach
10-01-2014, 08:34 PM
I have been to a lot of baseball games, but never one with that much emotion and excitement - not even close. The Royals are simply not a team that comes back from four down late in a game like that. In fact they scored the fewest runs of any AL team this year and won most of their games with good starting pitching and an exceptional bullpen and some timely, if weak hitting. The atmosphere last night was more like a college football rivalry game than ML baseball. This town is on a sports high right now with the Chiefs beating the Pats on Monday night and the Royals win last night. KC deserves a little success.

2BNTV
10-02-2014, 08:14 AM
What a game!!!! An instant classic!

I thought the Giants would win, because their starting pitcher had a great track record for the playoffs!

He pitched a shutout. Giants 8 Pirates 0.

redwitch
10-20-2014, 09:14 AM
Yippee!!! I can't lose.

My beloved Royals playing my hometown team. I definitely want the Royals to win but won't be heartbroken if SF did.

So, anyone want to meet up some place to watch the Series? I really don't know the sports bars around here but definitely want to see it on a big screen.

tedquick
10-20-2014, 09:29 AM
Yippee!!! I can't lose.

My beloved Royals playing my hometown team. I definitely want the Royals to win but won't be heartbroken if SF did.

So, anyone want to meet up some place to watch the Series? I really don't know the sports bars around here but definitely want to see it on a big screen.

My wife's sister lives and works in K.C. and her son lives and works in San Fran, so she can't lose either. She will have mixed feelings but it won't be a *major* loss either way. Let me check with her and I'll see what she'd like to do. I'll watch this post for locations as today is our 3rd-week anniversary of becoming frogs so I have limited knowledge regarding local spots.

2BNTV
10-20-2014, 02:27 PM
Go Royals!!!

I don't have a dog in this fight, but 29 years is a long time, between championships. :smiley:

redwitch
10-20-2014, 03:44 PM
And their last series was great. Everything you could ask for, plus they beat the Cards!

eweissenbach
10-21-2014, 09:30 AM
Kansas City Is revved up like nothing I have ever seen. Known as the City of Foutains, most have been dyed royal blue. This is fun times for a city that has not had much sporting success over the last several years.

Taltarzac725
10-21-2014, 09:34 AM
Kansas City Is revved up like nothing I have ever seen. Known as the City of Foutains, most have been dyed royal blue. This is fun times for a city that has not had much sporting success over the last several years.

I have been in various cities when they won the World Series (Minneapolis) or the Superbowl (near Palo Alto for the 49ers). Quite an experience. I rooted for San Francisco teams for much of my life but would like to see the long term underdog Royals win. Not underdogs in this World Series though. The Royals seem to be favored slightly by the experts.

redwitch
10-21-2014, 10:47 AM
May be from the Bay Area but love my Royals!! Started with the Quis and never looked back. Wish I could see KC all decked out in Royal blue. I'm jealous.

jgvarriano
11-02-2015, 09:43 AM

Last year, we were just excited to be in the World Series. This year we wanted to win it! No individual egos got in the way, just a team mentality.

jgvarriano
11-02-2015, 09:47 AM
Besides the blue fountains everywhere, fireworks were going off like it was the Fourth of July!

Duckfinger2
11-02-2015, 09:59 AM
This team is like a band of brothers, something that is very rare in todays sports world.

They never quit or give up there moto is " keep the line moving "

This city is rockin so many fireworks just after the win that the smoke showed up on national weather radar !!!

Go Royals !!!!!!!:bigbow:

Runtngf7535D
11-02-2015, 11:40 PM
We made two trips to KC this summer for ballgames. It was like the good old days. Big crowds of excited fans. Many people walking around Country Club Plaza in Royals gear. I have been a fan since day one in 1969 and have seen many games in KC. Thrilled this great TEAM could win this for themselves and the great fans in KC.

Cedwards38
11-03-2015, 08:43 AM
:wave: