PDA

View Full Version : Bargains & Treasures

Shirleevee
04-16-2008, 04:11 AM
Sailor and I are going furniture shopping (lamps and other little items), this week. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions.......Bargains & Treasures is the only resale shop on my list so far......and if time permits, (we are renting a car), we may go to the Markets of Marion... on Friday....

According to my numbers, I am a new user with less than 10 posts........that is the reason I posted here.......

Thanks all, see you at Crispers Friday at 3:00p.m.

Shirleevee :)

REDCART
04-16-2008, 04:41 AM
You might want to take a look at this earlier tread for suggestions:

https://www.talkofthevillages.com/smf/index.php/topic,3226.0.html

Hyacinth Bucket
04-16-2008, 09:11 AM
Hi, we were able to get things we needed from Habitat for Humanity and from Craigs list.

On Craigs list we checked in both Ocala and Orlando.

Have fun.

HB

Barefoot
02-06-2012, 04:24 PM
Sailor and I are going furniture shopping (lamps and other little items), this week. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions.......Bargains & Treasures is the only resale shop on my list so far.

I just visited Bargains and Treasures recently for the first time in almost a year. I used to recommend B & T to everyone for consignment furniture. But now I'm finding it a bit disappointing, prices seem to be higher and quality seems to be a bit less. Perhaps it's my imagination.

plimit56
02-06-2012, 07:42 PM
Neerly New Furniture on 441 has some really nice items. We bought a beautiful wood desk and the price was very reasonable.

:doggie:

Carla B
02-06-2012, 07:50 PM
I just visited Bargains and Treasures recently for the first time in almost a year. I used to recommend B & T to everyone for consignment furniture. But now I'm finding it a bit disappointing, prices seem to be higher and quality seems to be a bit less. Perhaps it's my imagination.

I think you're right, Barefoot. There's seems to be less selection and higher prices. Could it be the season?

bkcunningham1
02-06-2012, 08:00 PM

Barefoot, I just bought a fabulous futon from Bargains and Treasures and put a couch and loveseat on consignment with them. I had originally bought the couch and loveseat from them a year ago for about $300 cheaper than the price they put on both my pieces. The man who delivered my futon and picked up the couch and loveseat priced the two I pieces I put back on consignment.

When I told him it was wayyy more than I'd paid a year ago, he said I could price it cheaper, but he didn't recommend that. Uh, okay. What do you do?

I told my husband their prices have skyrocketed. He said 'tis the season because of the part-timers. I just wanted to ditto what you said about the prices.

graciegirl
02-06-2012, 08:05 PM
Barefoot, I just bought a fabulous futon from Bargains and Treasures and put a couch and loveseat on consignment with them. I had originally bought the couch and loveseat from them a year ago for about $300 cheaper than the price they put on both my pieces. The man who delivered my futon and picked up the couch and loveseat priced the two I pieces I put back on consignment.

When I told him it was wayyy more than I'd paid a year ago, he said I could price it cheaper, but he didn't recommend that. Uh, okay. What do you do?

I told my husband their prices have skyrocketed. He said 'tis the season because of the part-timers. I just wanted to ditto what you said about the prices.

I think they have gone up too. I go down there two three times a week. I am looking for just the right tropical looking lamp or fishy looking lamp or shell looking lamp for our lanai. Also a recliner that is not reclinerish...in the right color. Earlier in the season recliners were $185. I don't know about lesser quality, but things are really picked over, I am there enough to see the merchandise shift daily. I wish I was raking in the dough like that. Very lucrative, it looks to me.

Good for them. But just remember what made you successful, please.

kit9240
02-06-2012, 08:08 PM
Also try Centsible Furnishings and Almost Perfect on 441 heading north. Very good prices.

Boudicca
02-07-2012, 08:21 PM
I am a frequent shopper at B&Treasures, and the manager defintely raises and lowers prices according to the season. While the seasonal folks are here, prices are much higher. Wait until April or May, and prices will drop again.

islandgal
02-08-2012, 01:07 PM
I have always been a fan of B&T, but have noticed they don't seem to have the variety of things they once had.
I find myself going to Almost Perfect Furniture (consignment) because of their vast selections and they are reasonably priced.
I have found some wonderful things.

It is located on 441 two miles west of 42 on the left sitting back from the road, but you can see it.
I have not been to their store in Wildwood but have heard great things about it also.

skyguy79
02-08-2012, 02:23 PM
I have always been a fan of B&T, but have noticed they don't seem to have the variety of things they once had.
Could it just be that the supply is moving faster than it can be replenished because of the accelerated TV development since last year at this time and not any changes with B&T itself? Also, it was mentioned further back about higher prices. Well, there is the law of supply and demand that can and does dictates that. Economics 101, or at least when I took it in college!

islandgal
02-08-2012, 02:37 PM
Skyguy 79

Perhaps but I was talking about 6-7 years ago and the numbers moving in then were probably the same as now.
However, perhaps you are right - B&T then was one of the very few consignments then - since then, there are many.
PS. I also took Economics 101!

skyguy79
02-08-2012, 04:22 PM
Skyguy 79

Perhaps but I was talking about 6-7 years ago and the numbers moving in then were probably the same as now.
However, perhaps you are right - B&T then was one of the very few consignments then - since then, there are many.
PS. I also took Economics 101!Oh! OK! As the late Gilda Radner's charactor "Roseanne Roeannadanna" used to say... "NEVER MIND!" :)

pooh
02-08-2012, 07:43 PM
Mike and I were in there yesterday to see if the stuff we sent for sale had indeed been sold. Looks like it has. While walking around I noticed quite a few very new looking sofas and loveseats. Quite a bit different from the last time I was in. Saw many dining sets, all nice, a few things I'd consider out of style now, but walking around wasn't easy. Lots of stuff and lots of people. Not sure if prices were higher, but the items I saw seemed to me to be quite reasonable. Maybe that's because I'm not a consignment sale shopper. In CA, the consignment shops near us were very expensive!

Barefoot
02-08-2012, 11:23 PM
I am a frequent shopper at B&Treasures, and the manager defintely raises and lowers prices according to the season. While the seasonal folks are here, prices are much higher. Wait until April or May, and prices will drop again.

Actually, Shrandell, that is what I thought. We used B & T extensively in October of 2007 when we furnished our Villa, and got great bargains. I've noticed that when Snowbird season is in full tilt, it's a lot harder to find really great stuff. I'm lazy and B & T is ten minutes away so it's just become a habit to check it out regularly.

I'm looking for some light colored rattan patio furniture. All the new stuff seems to be dark this year.

MrsMc84
02-09-2012, 02:39 AM
I like Neerly New in Fruitland Park on 441. Take 466A east to 441 turn right and it should be about 1 mile. Quality items.
Good Luck

kathy and al
02-09-2012, 08:32 AM
I find myself going to Almost Perfect Furniture (consignment) because of their vast selections and they are reasonably priced.
I have found some wonderful things.

It is located on 441 two miles west of 42 on the left sitting back from the road, but you can see it.
I have not been to their store in Wildwood but have heard great things about it also.
I believe Rte. 42 runs east/west. Not sure Almost Perfect Furniture can be "2 miles west of 42". Is it acually on 441 about 2 miles north of 42?? Would like to visit. Please clarify. Thanks

islandgal
02-09-2012, 08:44 AM
I believe Rte. 42 runs east/west. Not sure Almost Perfect Furniture can be "2 miles west of 42". Is it
acually on 441 about 2 miles north of 42?? Would like to visit. Please clarify. Thanks

OOPS! You are correct - north of 42 it is.

jimmer
02-09-2012, 08:51 AM
WWW.NeerleeNewFurnishings.com

frannieb
04-04-2012, 01:39 PM
Neerly New Furniture on 441 has some really nice items. We bought a beautiful wood desk and the price was very reasonable.

:doggie:
Thanks for the tip...I dropped in there today and thought it was very nice.

JohnN
04-09-2012, 06:05 PM
I agree Bargains and Treasures seems less worthwhile than it used to be.

skyguy79
04-09-2012, 07:53 PM
I agree Bargains and Treasures seems less worthwhile than it used to be.More than one person has mentioned they compare B&T to 2007, and I got wondering if the fact that Neerlee New didn't exist before 2009 has any bearing on concerns expressed. I'm not saying it does or it doesn't, but it is something to consider!

CarGuys
04-09-2012, 10:20 PM
Were looking for that just right previously enjoyed Dinning room set! Also Spare Bedroom furniture.

Barefoot
04-10-2012, 12:21 AM
Were looking for that just right previously enjoyed Dinning room set! Also Spare Bedroom furniture.

We used to get amazing furniture in perfect condition for 1/3 of local new prices. Much of the Furniture was from southern Lifestyles. Prices have increased, but I personally still prefer B & T over the other newer consignment stores.

skyguy79
04-10-2012, 07:55 AM
Were looking for that just right previously enjoyed Dinning room set! Also Spare Bedroom furniture.We got our dining room set from The Furnature Barn in Fruitland Park and the spare bedroom furnature from Neerlee New. You really have to go and check often until you find something you like because the stock can turnover rapidly. At Neerlee New we were so close to a corner TV cabinet that the sales tag wasn't even off it yet and the buyers were in the office when we went in to say we want it. So ya gotta be quick. Just like Billy Joel sings the "the good die young," at these previously owned stores, "the good stuff goes fast," but don't expect me to sing it to you! :1rotfl:

CarGuys
04-11-2012, 01:25 PM
Skyguy

I'm thinking after a few Jack's you and I could sing just about anything! Thanks for the advise.

Were moving in with darn near nothingness!

CarGuys
04-11-2012, 01:26 PM
Skyguy

I'm thinking after a few Jack's you and I could sing just about anything! Thanks for the advise.

Were moving in with darn near Nothingness!

Schaumburger
04-11-2012, 01:37 PM
Carguys, you will have fun furnishing your new home! You must be getting excited -- do you only have three months until you are a Frog?

CarGuys
04-24-2012, 09:51 PM
Carguys, you will have fun furnishing your new home! You must be getting excited -- do you only have three months until you are a Frog?

Oh so sorry Schaunburger for not getting back to you. We have been busy packing. And Ruth and I were so proud of downsizing. However we just weighed in 1200 lbs over estimate.

I guess the tool box weighed more than they guessed? :ohdear:

Yes less than three months left before we leave NY. Time must be getting close as I am getting the

" Your almost home Herv!" Nice reminders from Gracie Angie and VCDD Bill statements.

Bill-n-Brillo
04-24-2012, 09:57 PM
......... However we just weighed in 1200 lbs over estimate. ...............

:shocked:

Oh, I'm sorry. You were speaking of your household goods..................:faint:

Bill :wave:

angiefox10
04-24-2012, 09:59 PM
:shocked:

Oh, I'm sorry. You were speaking of your household goods..................:faint:

Bill :wave:

BAD BILL!!!! :1rotfl:

Bill-n-Brillo
04-24-2012, 10:11 PM
BAD BILL!!!! :1rotfl:

http://smileystar.com/emoticons/animated%20emoticons/animal/dogs/131.gif

Bill :)

skyguy79
04-24-2012, 10:29 PM
BAD BILL!!!! :1rotfl:Hey Bill! Ya better watch out or Angie will make sure you get some of this... http://www.lushstories.com/forum/upload/images/688-spank_back.gif

CarGuys
04-24-2012, 10:33 PM
OK Bill I can take that, :clap2: But thank God Ruth dosen't read TOTV. I not reading this one to her either :boxing2::1rotfl:

graciegirl
04-25-2012, 07:11 AM
Bargains and Treasures had a little more selection but hadn't adjusted prices to the slower season yet....when I wa in last week.

skyguy79
04-25-2012, 08:23 AM
Bargains and Treasures had a little more selection but hadn't adjusted prices to the slower season yet....when I wa in last week.We were also there last week. A used cast iron and wood slat park bench caught my eye, but it was priced at $150 which I feel is at least double what it would be worth if it were new. They said they just received it and can't even contact the consignor to see if they'll take a lower price until a certain amount of time has passed, which I think they stated is about 3 weeks. We left :wave: without a second thought about it and the bench continued to be nicely decorating the outside of their store.

asianthree
04-25-2012, 08:27 AM
Prices should go down soon, there is so much stuff there but they need to make room for someone who is bringing 1200 pounds too much. LOL

skyguy79
04-25-2012, 08:55 AM
Prices should go down soon, there is so much stuff there but they need to make room for someone who is bringing 1200 pounds too much. LOLPrices will have to drop pretty drastically to make that much room! However, they do have nearly 3 months to prepare before that "1200 pounds of too much" arrives in the HAT (Herv-a-Transport) from Syracuse! :1rotfl: