PDA

View Full Version : SMTP address

Xmrsj
11-18-2014, 03:22 PM
When I try to send an email on my IPad, I get a message stating my SMTP address us incorrect. I looked on the settings and if indicates the address as smtp.mail.yahoo.com. Is this correct? It tells me I can't send the email but eventually the email is sent.

Also, in settings, it states that there is an iOS 8.1.1 update. When I try to update, it says if requires 5.0 GB and that I should delete items in my usage settings. When I delete items the GB never changes. Ugh!

Bogie Shooter
11-18-2014, 04:31 PM
Google both of your questions, usually the answer is there.

MikeV
11-18-2014, 05:33 PM
It could be that the SMTP server was down at the time and when it came back up it sent the email. As far as deleting APPs on your device it takes a lot of deleting to get rid of enough programs. I had to delete most of my larger APPs to get enough space to load the 8.0 update then I just reloaded them from the cloud after the update.

Cajulian
11-18-2014, 07:00 PM
If you go onto iTunes on your PC to update you don't need to delete any apps to get the space needed. It's only a problem on your iPad or iPhone when you have used most of your storage.

Just hook up your iPad with your USB cable and iTunes should start up automatically. It will recognize that you have an update needed. You may have to sign on with your Apple account ID.

If you can't do this, then do what was mentioned earlier. Make sure everything is backed up to iCloud and then delete as many Apps as necessary to get the 5.0 GB's of space needed. This space is only temporary while the update is running.

All your apps can be reloaded back to your iPad.

Xmrsj
11-19-2014, 09:12 AM
Thank you. Very helpful.