PDA

View Full Version : Why is Talk of TV so slow to load?

Bay Kid
12-08-2014, 08:49 AM
For the past week the Talk of TV threads have been very slow to load. Is this a problem with my computer?

rhood
12-08-2014, 08:57 AM
You are right. Seems like just over the past week or so the site is really slow and is a huge memory hog. I used to have the default blue screen instead of the green but it looks like that is no longer available. I have plenty of memory but when I am on this site, it drops into the red zone.

Bogie Shooter
12-08-2014, 09:04 AM
I am not experiencing slow loading.
But when I click on a thead, all of the posts do not appear. The screen just locks after a few posts. Going out and reselecting the thread sometimes eliminates the problem. Annoying.

Dr Winston O Boogie jr
12-08-2014, 09:31 AM
Funny, I was just thinking the same thing as I was waiting for it to load this morning. It seems to me that it's just not slow to load, but it takes a long time to go from page to page and sometimes it freezes. No other site that I go on has these problems.

memason
12-08-2014, 10:29 AM
This site is so loaded up with ads, that it takes a long time to load. The ads on the left go on forever....

KayakerNC
12-08-2014, 11:25 AM
Loads fast and ad free for me, I have Google Chrome. :pepper2:

zcaveman
12-08-2014, 12:46 PM
Do most of you use IE11? If so, have you brought up the Task Manager to see what the CPU activity is?

I am having the loading problem under IE11 and if I have Task Manager activated, the CPU is very high according to the TM ICON.

I also experience the non-loading of the entire thread under IE11 and Firefox. Sometimes it take a shutdown/restart of IE/FireFox to get the entire thread to appear. Sometimes several restarts.

Frustrating at the least.

Z

TOTV Team
12-08-2014, 02:34 PM
The ads are not loaded from our server so they would not be impacting the speed. We'll look into the usage reports for today.

rhood
12-08-2014, 04:48 PM
Seems to work OK with Chrome but still real slow on Safari.

Bay Kid
12-09-2014, 09:14 AM
It appears to be the larger the thread the slower the loading time. Thanks Admin

Bonny
12-09-2014, 10:27 AM
I don't have any problems. It loads right away. I use Google Chrome.

applesoffh
12-09-2014, 11:05 AM
Mine is slow also. Too many pop-up ads. I realize the need for ad revenue, but it's just getting worse and worse. May have to drop TOTV if this continues.

zcaveman
12-09-2014, 11:07 AM
I have some occasional slowness with TOTV on Chrome and FireFox but nothing like the long delays on IE11 which border on endless.

I am very comfortable with IE11 and it will always be my default. As much as I use FireFox and Chrome, I have never gotten used to their uniqueness.

Z

Miles42
12-09-2014, 01:08 PM
I use chrome and is not slow at all to load

Topspinmo
01-08-2015, 10:45 AM
Could it be the video adds running repeatedly In the post you open up?

drdodge
01-08-2015, 11:18 AM
must be your computor . mine loads fast

JoMar
01-08-2015, 11:26 AM
Loads fast and ad free for me, I have Google Chrome. :pepper2:

Also load with Chrome and I have a 100MB internet download and have no problem.

GPGuar
01-08-2015, 12:18 PM
This site has slowed down quite a bit in the last few weeks even going from page to page is taking longer and scrolling down or up seems to freeze a lot.:Screen_of_Death:

quirky3
01-08-2015, 12:40 PM
I have IE11. I noticed the slowness, and went to Internet Tools, compatibility view. At some time I had added the TOTV site to be viewed in compatibility mode, so I removed it from the compatibility view list and it works much faster now.

Indydealmaker
01-08-2015, 01:26 PM
The ads are not loaded from our server so they would not be impacting the speed. We'll look into the usage reports for today.

Maybe the service that aggregates those ads for you is the culprit.

Lovey2
01-08-2015, 06:06 PM
I have been in touch with both Dell ( my computer conceirge service) and Centurylink (my internet provider). No problem with my computer per Dell, or my internet connection per Centurylink. Then my company arrived and they were having the same issues connecting wirelessly to my service. I called Centurylink again, and they switched my channel for the service (?). Supposedly, if I got this right, they have several channels they can use to provide our internet service and those are pretty much out of their control, but they switched and it immediately got better. Now I am slow again. Something with the internet providers is the issue I suspect. Higher usage volume...does that even make sense? I'm about the call Centurylink again. I'll let ya know...

TOTV Team
01-09-2015, 04:11 PM
Maybe the service that aggregates those ads for you is the culprit.

They are delivered from Google and their network.

TOTV Team
01-09-2015, 04:13 PM
I have been in touch with both Dell ( my computer conceirge service) and Centurylink (my internet provider). No problem with my computer per Dell, or my internet connection per Centurylink. Then my company arrived and they were having the same issues connecting wirelessly to my service. I called Centurylink again, and they switched my channel for the service (?). Supposedly, if I got this right, they have several channels they can use to provide our internet service and those are pretty much out of their control, but they switched and it immediately got better. Now I am slow again. Something with the internet providers is the issue I suspect. Higher usage volume...does that even make sense? I'm about the call Centurylink again. I'll let ya know...

Thanks for the follow up on that. We have had other issues with Centurylink in the past.