PDA

View Full Version : golfcart from Hadley to Lake Sumter

mikey
05-15-2008, 06:39 PM
It appears as if many new posters are moving to Hadley. We will be buying a house the first part of July, and one of our main concerns about buying a new house as compared to a pre-owned is the distance from Hadley to Lake Sumter. If someone could please let me know how long it takes to get from Hadley to Sumter by golf cart it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your help.

chelsea24
05-15-2008, 07:21 PM
Hi Mickey, we're in Duval, which is right over from Hadley. We're getting out golf cart delivered today, so I'll let you know. But we've gone with neighbors before and it really doesn't take long. I love the ride and besides, we're retired, what's the hurry! I'll keep you posted!

villages07
05-15-2008, 07:53 PM
Mikey,

Depending on exactly where in Hadley....I'd say 15-18 mins by (legal) golf cart (i.e. 20 mph) to Lake Sumter.

They are also building in Hemingway and soon in Bonita......these will be no more than 15 mins to Lake Sumter by GC.

A pleasant, easy ride. I don't think distances to existing squares will become much of an issue until they start building south of 466A; all the new stuff north of 466A should be a reasonable golf cart distance to Lake Sumter.

JohnnyM
05-15-2008, 08:07 PM
Hey Mikey, we have made the trip a few times. We are in Hadley but still waiting for our NJ home to sell before coming in permanently. It took me about 6 minutes by car. Straight up Morse Blvd. to Hadley.
Villages07 probably has it right, 15 or so minutes by golf cart. A pleasant ride and like I said straight as the crow flies. If you turn right on Odell circle just before entering the Hadley gate you go right to the new shopping and rec center. Great location. Good luck, Johnny

DickY
05-15-2008, 08:18 PM
It takes me about 15 minutes from the south eastern part of Duval to LSL and about 22 minutes to Spanish Springs in front of KBs.

Russ_Boston
05-15-2008, 11:23 PM
So Dick - You're saying it's only 7 min from LSL to SS? Up Morse?

DickY
05-15-2008, 11:39 PM
It's about that, I did that this afternoon, I left my house at 11:35 and got to SS at Noon going through LSL. LSL maybe 15 to 18 minutes from my house.

chelsea24
05-16-2008, 12:04 AM
whooooo hooooooo! :hot: :2excited: :2excited: :hot: :clap2: I can't stop saying that! We got our golf cart delivered and it's a blast! We took it over to LSL this evening and it was wonderful. You're right! About 15 mins and sooooooo easy to park now! Did I say I love it!!! ;D

another Linda
05-16-2008, 01:16 AM
So Dick - You're saying it's only 7 min from LSL to SS? Up Morse?

I'd say it may be a little longer but not much. Our place is off Rio Grande. Takes us about 5 minutes to SS in one direction (using the cart path that parallels Del Mar) and about 6 to LSL (Rio Grande to Morse). all depends on the light at Morse and Rio Grande. Is that the way yo go DickY?

DickY
05-16-2008, 12:49 PM
I go up Morse to Rio Grande to Del Mar, it is traffic dependent at the Rio Grande light.

another Linda
05-16-2008, 01:02 PM
I go up Morse to Rio Grande to Del Mar, it is traffic dependent at the Rio Grande light.

Have you discovered the almost hidden cart path that runs parallel to Del Mar? Starts just past the entrance to the villas on the north side of Rio Grande (can't remember the name due to hole in brain).

JanetandCarol
05-21-2008, 08:39 PM
Hey Chelesa, Glad you finally got your golf car. When my sister and I get to Duval, we want to also buy a GC. I will be talking to you about what kind you bought, gas or electric, where you bought, and all the details. Did you take lessons? Did you get it customized? I can't wait to meet you and all of the great TOTV people there. Janet(andCarol)

LindaManson
05-25-2008, 07:54 PM
We ahve been in Duval for about 18 months and I also use my cart a lot. It really doesn't take much longer to get to LSL or Spanish Springs by cart than it does by car. With the tunnels and dedicated paths we don't have to contend with much traffis except at teh light at Rio Grand adn Morris. I acutally go from Duval all the way north to Mulberry on the Extreme north side up Buena Vista for a lot for activities. It takes a bit longer for that but still only about 40 minutes. It is just over 10 miles per my GPS.

The way I look at it: It is veg time for me. I relax and listen to my IPOD and just enjoy the scenery.

I do my shopping by golf cart and my husband, (who went back to work as a clinical Social worker doing therapy at a mental health clinic near the hospital 2 days a week because he missed it) uses the cart to go to work at the clinic near the hospistal. From Duval it takes about 40 minutes. And I must say that our cart is electric and needs new batteries. We get about 15 miles an hour. Know a cheap place to get new batteries! :-)