PDA

View Full Version : Any one been to the new dog park in TV near the archery range off of 27/441

Taltarzac
05-24-2008, 12:28 PM
Heard this dog park opened recently in TV but was wondering what it is like? Is it fenced in? How big is it? When is it open? Does it have separate areas for big and small pooches??

Rokinronda
05-24-2008, 01:30 PM
It is a large fenced area with a seperation for big and small dogs. 2 days ago, it was still locked and closed. I heard that a covered pavilion area for human guests is to be built and gaps under the fence need to be filled with cement so we don't have escapees. I will post when I see it has opened!

Taltarzac
05-24-2008, 01:34 PM
It is a large fenced area with a seperation for big and small dogs. 2 days ago, it was still locked and closed. I heard that a covered pavilion area for human guests is to be built and gaps under the fence need to be filled with cement so we don't have escapees. I will post when I see it has opened!

Thanks Rokinronda for the information. Was thinking of taking my dog Sport there while Doggie Doo Run Run is closed this Memorial Day but that now does not seem to be an option. :(

Rokinronda
05-24-2008, 01:43 PM
Sport would still enjoy the other dogs that meet there by the pond. There are a couple of picnic tables for relaxing, and trash receptacles for disposing of......you know......................... The leash law signs are posted, but doggies come all day long to meet up and play.

Taltarzac
05-31-2008, 01:08 PM
I drove by this dog park a few days ago. It is about 3/4s of an acre and has two sections which are fenced in with a chain link fence. It is on the side of the archery range away from where the arrows are usually pointed as far as I can tell.

It is at the south end of Paradise Drive near Lake Paradise. That is just off of Wales Plaza. Avenida Central becomes Wales Plaza across from 27/441.

DickY
05-31-2008, 02:28 PM
Today's Daily Sun had an article in the lifestyles section on this. It said that the Recreation Department will host the grand opening at 9 A.M., June 9 at Paridise Rec Center. Petco and The Village Groomer will be on hand to give away product samples, cupons and prizes. The park will be open 7 a.m. till dusk seven days a week. It is for Village residents and those guests with proper I.D. cards only. So Says The Daily Sun.

Barefoot
05-31-2008, 02:54 PM
I think it is fantastic they are opening a dog park on the eastern side of TV. :clap2: I'm hoping in the future they will consider a second dog park in a more central location. Hey, maybe one of the buffalo fields!

nONIE
05-31-2008, 03:45 PM
I am soooo happy about the new dog park,as I live so close to it. I had been driving all the way to Doggie Do Run in the past.

But Bare, how will we get together for our gab fests?? :dontknow:

Barefoot
05-31-2008, 04:39 PM
Nonie, Brutus and Biggins are telling me that now they want to move over to Historical. Don't know how they found out about the new dog park, they must have learned how to read.

Fireboy goes to the Archery Range a lot, so I'm sure I'll see you in Paradise.

nONIE
05-31-2008, 04:59 PM
Hey Bare,

That made my day! Hope it happens for you! (and me too) Im am sure Rokinronda will agree with me that there are many pluses to living on the Historical side. Personally I just love it there, but now Engineer guy is thinking mabe we should move over to the other side of 441!! :dontknow: I give up!

Tripngirl
06-01-2008, 01:06 AM
Oh wow! This is such great news. If my husband and I find a rental property for July and August our pet Willy will be with us - he already goes to a dog park up here in the Boston area. Curious though, is there a pond or such for the dogs to cool off???

nONIE
06-01-2008, 02:56 AM
Tripngirl,

Yes there is a pond very near the new doggie park but I have never seen a dog in any water retention pond in TV mainly because of the danger of alligators/It just isnt worth the risk!

Barefoot
06-01-2008, 04:16 PM
There is a plastic wading pool in the Big Dog Section at Doggie Doo Run Run on CR 101, the private dog park. Puny little thing I know, but the dogs seem to love it, especially the Labs!! And no gators.

Taltarzac
06-01-2008, 04:19 PM
Doggie Doo Run Run is putting in a small pool for the small dogs in the small dog section. It will be fenced in so that people who do not want their pooches to jump in will have a choice in the matter. This should be done soon. I think they are waiting on shipment of a water pump to finish up with the pool.

Tripngirl
06-01-2008, 05:34 PM
Thanks for the info. Ya, alligators...no, I don't think "Willy" will want to make friends with
them...but we definitely will use the dog park :0)

F16 1UB
06-04-2008, 10:31 AM
Sport would still enjoy the other dogs that meet there by the pond. There are a couple of picnic tables for relaxing, and trash receptacles for disposing of......you know......................... The leash law signs are posted, but doggies come all day long to meet up and play.

The leash law still applies within the confines?

F16

Rokinronda
06-04-2008, 11:56 AM
The signs were put up before the park. I"m sure the dogs can run loose inside the park! It wouldn't make sense to have the park, otherwise. ;D

villagerjudy
06-04-2008, 09:35 PM
There is hopefully going to be another "legal" dog park by the Springdale pool. We are working on it but it will be slow going. PLEASE everyone obey all the rules on the Paradise dog park. That is the test one and "the powers that be" are not adverse to putting up more parks if that one works well.

Barefoot
06-05-2008, 04:25 PM
There is hopefully going to be another "legal" dog park by the Springdale pool. We are working on it but it will be slow going. PLEASE everyone obey all the rules on the Paradise dog park. That is the test one and "the powers that be" are not adverse to putting up more parks if that one works well.

Villagerjudy .. That is hugely encouraging as I am a big fan of dog parks and feel they will solve a lot of the existing animosity toward dog owners. VJ, please e-mail me if I can be on any committees or help in any way to get this accomplished.

To those of you using the Paradise Dog Park ... please, please operate within the rules and clean up after your dogs. You've been given a gift by the Villages, please treat the park with respect.

pili
06-06-2008, 03:13 PM
Hi dog lovers,

Can you tell me where the dog park will be? Our sales rep told us a dog park would be available this summer but I don't know where. We'll be in TV in July renting until our house is finished in September. We have a **** Tzu and our concern is making sure there is a place for him to play and meet other dogs. My husband and him walk with three other dogs every morning (at 6:30 if you can believe). I think I read about another open area (by a lake) for dogs. Our house will be in Hemingway. Thanks a million.

Pili

Taltarzac
06-06-2008, 04:31 PM
Hi dog lovers,

Can you tell me where the dog park will be? Our sales rep told us a dog park would be available this summer but I don't know where. We'll be in TV in July renting until our house is finished in September. We have a :edit: Tzu and our concern is making sure there is a place for him to play and meet other dogs. My husband and him walk with three other dogs every morning (at 6:30 if you can believe). I think I read about another open area (by a lake) for dogs. Our house will be in Hemingway. Thanks a million.

Pili

The Dog Park at Paradise Lake is at the end of Paradise Drive. http://www.mapquest.com/maps/Post+Offices:lady+lake+fl/#a/maps/l:US+Post+Office:23+Lagrande+Blvd:Lady+Lake:FL:321 59:US:28.938196:-81.941364:address:/m::12:28.938196:-81.941364:0::/io:0:/e

You can see where it will be on this Mapquest page. On the upper left corner of this map it is just to right of N US 27 S. It is where Paradise Drive dead ends at its southern most point. The closest intersection is Wales Plaza and Paradise Drive. If you click on the N on the compass on this Mapquest page you should see the intersection of Wales Plaza and Paradise Drive.

Taltarzac
06-06-2008, 05:30 PM
Do not forget about Doggie Doo Run Run. Here's a map of it. http://www.mapquest.com/maps/12971+County+Road+101+Oxford+FL+34484-2943/

mcelheny
06-07-2008, 02:56 AM
Great news! :bigthumbsup:
Benson (pug)and I will probably still use Doggie Do Run but there are so many dogs in the Villages -we need all the dog parks and walking area we can get. :)
Bare and Nomie, Count me in as a doggie date sometime. :)

nONIE
06-07-2008, 02:59 AM
I am so happy about the new doggie park. And actually the idea of a bird "fly" wasant half bad either. We will be waiting MC.

Muncle
06-07-2008, 03:50 AM
Did Boomer come up with the idea of putting a dog run by an archery range? She is a sick puppy, what with her metaphors, similes, analogies, idioms and all them other things. She even admits that one of her aliases is "Cruella DeVil"!!! Next she'll be proposing a grandkids playground around the hazardous chemical dump the developer is putting in south of 466A.

Taltarzac
06-07-2008, 01:44 PM
Did Boomer come up with the idea of putting a dog run by an archery range? She is a sick puppy, what with her metaphors, similes, analogies, idioms and all them other things. She even admits that one of her aliases is "Cruella DeVil"!!! Next she'll be proposing a grandkids playground around the hazardous chemical dump the developer is putting in south of 466A.

The new Paradise Lake dog park-- opening Monday June 9-- is on the South side of the archery range. When I drove by it, the targets for the arrows were at the north side of the archery range.

Boomer
06-07-2008, 02:33 PM

AHA MUNC!

You are a wily one, you are.

But I caught you! Indeed I did!!!

Besmirching my good name in a completely different thread!!

Now, for the rest of you: If you wonder or care what is going on please, please cross-reference, if you will, to the thread about paying off the bond. In that thread, I was holding forth about why we will not be paying off the bond. To make a point about real estate price reductions, I used the expression, "If you have to cut off a dog's tail, don't do it an inch at a time."

And Muncle wrote therein, "BOOMER AIN'T NEVER BABYSITTIN' MY DOG!!"

And I responded.

And then I had to go to sleep. It was late last night. But I tossed and turned in terror that everyone would think that I cut off dogs' tails.

And then this morning, I just had to look. And here I am besmirched, besmirched, besmirched.

But I love dogs. At this very moment, my geriatric dog is sleeping on the floor beside me here in the kitchen. And she has a glorious tail. Many, many years ago, we took in our darling dog when she was lost and afraid and peered in our back door. We tried to find her owner. We could not. And we were glad. So we decided we would keep her. And we knew at the time that if she lived a long life, she would become the dog of our dotage. And Mr. Boomer and I PROMISED each other that we could never call each other "Mommy" and "Daddy" to the dog. And our once orphaned dog (Annie is her name) has lived a long and happy and spoiled life. And we long ago broke that promise we made to each other. And now here I am. I am so upset that I am even writing all in one paragraph again. Trying to defend myself. Trying to convince everyone in TOTVland that I am not, I repeat AM NOT, Cruella DeVil. And it is all such a complex web now. And all I did was use figurative language. And you know what? I would do it again. Yes, I would. But I would never, never cut off a dog's tail.

Oh, and back to you Munc, you and your guerrilla tactics. Going under cover. In a different thread. AHA. I caught you.

And thanks, Munc. I have been wanting to use the word "besmirched" for a long time.

This is way too much fun. But I have to leave this glowing screen for awhile. I have stuff to do and now it is starting to storm anyway so I better turn this thing off.

So Muncle.

Boomer says, "Uncle." . . .for now. . . ;)

Boomer

villages07
06-07-2008, 03:06 PM
Boomer,

Maybe it is time to resurrect the TV Soap Opera thread :read: and create a role for the evil Uncle Muncle :verymad: ....you could get your revenge there and become unbesmirched. ;D

Barefoot
06-07-2008, 10:07 PM
Did Boomer come up with the idea of putting a dog run by an archery range?

Darn it! Fireboy is an archer and was hoping the Buffalo would be moved to the dog park area. Easier targets than dogs. Those jack russells move way too fast. OK OK, stop muttering. Like Boomer I love animals more than anything!

Muncle, be careful or they'll be putting your picture on the archery targets. ;)

Taltarzac
06-10-2008, 06:13 PM
Here is an article from June 10, 2008's The Villages Daily Sun about the new Villages dog park-- http://www.thevillagesdailysun.com/articles/2008/06/10/villages/villages01.txt

ajdeck
03-21-2009, 08:25 AM
Question:

We are now in South Florida and our dog has a horrible time with fleas and itching, some are due to allergies. Does anyone know if it is just as bad in the Villages as down here? Does anyone have a dog that just can't stop itching?

aj

nONIE
03-21-2009, 09:20 AM
I take my dogs to both Doggie parks, DDRR & the Historical section. I have not had any problem with fleas at all!

Of course I keep them up to date on their Frontline treatments, but havant noticed one flea since we have been here.

Barefoot
03-21-2009, 10:26 AM
Question:

We are now in South Florida and our dog has a horrible time with fleas and itching, some are due to allergies. Does anyone know if it is just as bad in the Villages as down here? Does anyone have a dog that just can't stop itching? aj

My dogs are on Revolution once a month to prevent heartworm and fleas. I would assume most dogs in Florida are treated for flea prevention.

KathieI
03-21-2009, 10:47 AM
Question:
We are now in South Florida and our dog has a horrible time with fleas and itching, some are due to allergies. Does anyone know if it is just as bad in the Villages as down here? Does anyone have a dog that just can't stop itching?
aj

aj, yes my dogs had an awful time with fleas, itching and allergies when we arrived in Sept. They picked the fleas up in all the motels we stayed in cross country - I guess that's the negative part of having to only stay in places that accept dogs... In Los Angeles, my dogs never had fleas and we didn't have heartworm, so I didn't have them on any of the medications. However, here I have to keep them on Sentinel monthly. So far, with the meds, I am not seeing fleas but I also picked up all the carpeting in the house and put in wood floors. I guess the answer is, if they are on the meds they will be okay. Hope this helps.

senior citizen
03-21-2009, 11:57 AM
Nonie....are you Italian? Not to be a pest......but is the "Historical Side" older homes and more "homey" part of TV? We don't have a dog anymore, but our daughter has a big Tibetan Mastiff. At one time they also had his mother, now in doggie heaven.

nONIE
03-21-2009, 12:16 PM
ha ha! No, Im not italian but I hear that my name means Grandma in Italian. Is that true?????

The Historic section is the original section of The Villages. It is very homey feeling in the respect that the llandscaping and trees are mature. The village consists of mainly older manufactured doublewides. The fact that the homes are not very large may be an advantage or disadvantage all depends on the way you look at it. I have talked to people who have actually moved from the newer villages to the historic section which provides a little bit quieter and less hectic pace. But I also love some of the Villages on the south end, its all a question of personal taste. I guess Im an "old F*** at heart!:1rotfl::1rotfl::1rotfl:

ajdeck
03-30-2009, 09:08 AM
aj, yes my dogs had an awful time with fleas, itching and allergies when we arrived in Sept. They picked the fleas up in all the motels we stayed in cross country - I guess that's the negative part of having to only stay in places that accept dogs... In Los Angeles, my dogs never had fleas and we didn't have heartworm, so I didn't have them on any of the medications. However, here I have to keep them on Sentinel monthly. So far, with the meds, I am not seeing fleas but I also picked up all the carpeting in the house and put in wood floors. I guess the answer is, if they are on the meds they will be okay. Hope this helps.

Thanks, Yes our dog is on meds. She is fine up north but bad here even with meds. We had to take her to Vet to get shot for allergies, just horrible where we are at. She does not have fleas, if she gets them on her they die right away with the meds.

The vet also told us that down here you could need to change the flea med every few years. Also that some allergies come from flea bites.

Thanks for your info - glad to hear we are not the only ones.

Just came back from a visit (again) to TV. Still concerned of what is going on with the family and bond law suite thing.