PDA

View Full Version : Undisputed national champions

The Buckeyes
01-13-2015, 12:58 AM
Congratulations to The Ohio State Buckeyes in winning the 1st National College Playoff Championship. Congratulations also to the Oregon Ducks on a hard fought game. Last month a lot of people questioned ranking Ohio State #4 to qualify for the playoffs and that they did not deserve to be in the playoffs.....I guess The Buckeyes slammed the door on those comments in the last 12 days. Go Bucs :a040:

:bigbow:

kittygilchrist
01-13-2015, 01:04 AM
Terrific unity of energy and effort....still watching replays.
Elliot rocks!

graciegirl
01-13-2015, 06:00 AM
Congratulations to The Ohio State Buckeyes in winning the 1st National College Playoff Championship. Congratulations also to the Oregon Ducks on a hard fought game. Last month a lot of people questioned ranking Ohio State #4 to qualify for the playoffs and that they did not deserve to be in the playoffs.....I guess The Buckeyes slammed the door on those comments in the last 12 days. Go Bucs :a040:

You are so right.

bagboy
01-13-2015, 11:13 AM
I've always been a proud Buckeyes fan. They truly turned into an outstanding football team as the season progressed. Go Bucks !!!

joldnol
01-13-2015, 12:40 PM
Who Va Tech? Congrats even if I despise Urban Cryer. How many titles do the ducks have? O

graciegirl
01-13-2015, 12:43 PM
Who Va Tech? Congrats even if I despise Urban Cryer. How many titles do the ducks have? O

What ducks?

joldnol
01-13-2015, 12:56 PM
What ducks?

oregon is known as the Ducks

SALYBOW
01-13-2015, 04:26 PM
Think about it, they won with their third string quarterback. Amazing!!! Proud to be from the Buckeye State!:
pepper2::2excited:

Shimpy
01-13-2015, 06:33 PM
Think about it, they won with their third string quarterback. Amazing!!! Proud to be from the Buckeye State!:
pepper2::2excited:
But think about it, Oregon did not have their 2 best pass receivers in the game who had played against FSU. Remember the pass that was dropped that would have been a sure touchdown by a fill in? Got to give Ohio S.credit for the great running game though. Those 2 receivers that were not allowed to play were just plan stupid for smoking pot just before a Nat'l Championship game.

graciegirl
01-13-2015, 06:49 PM
oregon is known as the Ducks

Yeah I know. Trying to be funny.:pepper2:

DougB
01-13-2015, 07:00 PM
Yes, Ohio St. has a great team. Too bad they showed they have no class by scoring a meaningless TD with seconds left to run up the score. Should have taken a knee.

big guy
01-13-2015, 07:07 PM

Ezekial Elliot for President, Cardel Jones for VP!!::bigbow::bigbow::bigbow::BigApplause:

Shimpy
01-13-2015, 07:10 PM
Yes, Ohio St. has a great team. Too bad they showed they have no class by scoring a meaningless TD with seconds left to run up the score. Should have taken a knee.

That's typical Urban Myer.......At Florida he would be up 37 points and call a time out with 4 seconds left to kick a field goal.

Packer Fan
01-13-2015, 07:22 PM
Being a proud Badger Fan, I now feel better about getting creamed by Ohio state. More importantly - can we now stop hearing how great the SEC is?
Buckeyes beat Alabama, Badgers beat Auburn... Why aren't we hearing about how the SEC can't compete with the Mighty Big 10?

MarkinMd
01-13-2015, 07:34 PM
Congrats to Ohio State. The SEC was down some this year. Ohio Sate did well in the Big 10, but it had been more than a decade since a Big 10 team won the national championship. A few more years of winning before the Big 10 can make claims of being the Mighty Big 10.

bagboy
01-13-2015, 07:51 PM
This season Oregon scored 42 points or more in all but 2 games. 5 games they scored in the 50's, including the 59-20 drubbing of FSU. Doesn't seem to me that they showed much mercy, or "took a knee" very often. Are they classless also?

MarkinMd
01-13-2015, 07:54 PM
Big 10 is getting much better, I think Penn State will improve a lot next year.

Jimjane
01-13-2015, 08:18 PM
A great example of power football. Bravo to the Ohio State and the big 10.

Go badgers.

big guy
01-13-2015, 10:02 PM

A person(s) can show class by being gracious losers.

joldnol
01-14-2015, 09:59 PM
But think about it, Oregon did not have their 2 best pass receivers in the game who had played against FSU. Remember the pass that was dropped that would have been a sure touchdown by a fill in? Got to give Ohio S.credit for the great running game though. Those 2 receivers that were not allowed to play were just plan stupid for smoking pot just before a Nat'l Championship game.

but they weren't vilified the whole game over the issue by espn......just saying

Serenoa
01-14-2015, 10:19 PM
Being a proud Badger Fan, I now feel better about getting creamed by Ohio state. More importantly - can we now stop hearing how great the SEC is?
Buckeyes beat Alabama, Badgers beat Auburn... Why aren't we hearing about how the SEC can't compete with the Mighty Big 10?

Do you know who your Badgers play to open the 2015 season on Sept. 5th?

Answer: the Alabama Crimson Tide, at Cowboys (AT&T) stadium in Arlington, Tx.

Good luck to ya.

Roll Tide!

scarecrow1
01-15-2015, 12:51 PM
In my opinion neither team belonged there. TCU and Baylor both would have stopped both of them in there tracks. TCU beat the top ranked defense by scoring over 40 points on them and would have closed down Ohio's offense in a second. The only reason Alabama, Ohio, and Oregon got invited is because of the size of the school, high profile coaches and Hiesman (sp) trophy winner. Big TV means big money. As long as the NCAA has anything to do with it that's the way thing will continue to happen. By the way I'm a Syracuse fan so I don't have a dog in this fight.

Greg Nelson
01-16-2015, 06:45 AM
My home team NDSU Bison (North Dakota State) won their division 1A beating Illinois St. in Frisco, TX. That makes them National Champs four years in a row!! No other team big or small has done that! Go Bison!

The Buckeyes
01-16-2015, 11:11 AM
In my opinion neither team belonged there. TCU and Baylor both would have stopped both of them in there tracks. TCU beat the top ranked defense by scoring over 40 points on them and would have closed down Ohio's offense in a second. The only reason Alabama, Ohio, and Oregon got invited is because of the size of the school, high profile coaches and Hiesman (sp) trophy winner. Big TV means big money. As long as the NCAA has anything to do with it that's the way thing will continue to happen. By the way I'm a Syracuse fan so I don't have a dog in this fight.

Did I miss something? I don't remember TCU or Baylor not only playing against but also defeating the #1 and #2 ranked teams in the nation with their 3rd string quarterback and and an offensive line that had 4 new starters this year. Ah, to live in he world of OZ.
:spoken:

bagboy
01-16-2015, 11:20 AM
Congratulations to North Dakota State, quite an accomplishment!!!

graciegirl
01-16-2015, 11:24 AM
Did I miss something? I don't remember TCU or Baylor not only playing against but also defeating the #1 and #2 ranked teams in the nation with their 3rd string quarterback and and an offensive line that had 4 new starters this year. Ah, to live in he world of OZ.
:spoken:

Let it go, kiddo. Drummers are always the trouble makers.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Iy1HirDuc8U/UJ0_ncBRI3I/AAAAAAAAFi8/B50MDlEc3Bs/s640/sour-grapes.jpg

Greg Nelson
01-16-2015, 11:43 AM
Congratulations to North Dakota State, quite an accomplishment!!!
Interestingly they did that after the winning coach and staff from the previous 3 seasons went to Wyoming for the big $$...

dbussone
01-16-2015, 12:27 PM

Good luck to ya.

Roll Tide!

Y'all come back now! Ya hear? (Hotty Toddy)

Shimpy
01-16-2015, 06:47 PM

Good luck to ya.

Roll Tide!

I predict the season opener will be a Alabama victory.......at least by 14 points and I am not a Bama fan.

twoplanekid
01-19-2015, 08:24 PM
Still having fun ---- tonight at a Rotary meeting.

We both live in Urbana, O H I O