PDA

View Full Version : Windows 8.1 Touch Pad

Biker Dog
01-13-2015, 08:04 AM
When Windows 8.1 is loading the touch pad works correctly but as soon as Windows is loaded the touch pad stops working and the cursor freezes on the screen.. Plug in a USB mouse and the mouse works fine but the touch pad will not work at all.:cus:

Any fixes that you can help me with???????:shrug:

zcaveman
01-13-2015, 09:00 AM
Is there a image of a hand with a slashed o on one of your function keys? F7 is the one on mine. If so, push fn+that key to see if you accidentally locked the touch pad.

Z

Biker Dog
01-13-2015, 09:26 AM
Is there a image of a hand with a slashed o on one of your function keys? F7 is the one on mine. If so, push fn+that key to see if you accidentally locked the touch pad.

Z

No such image.. I don't think there is any way I could have accidentally locked it

Can't find any answers on good old Google.

kfierle
01-13-2015, 09:29 AM
My current laptop has a button just above the touch pad to turn it on or off. My old laptop had a switch for the touch pad. I can't remember if the switch was on the side of the computer of the front edge.

Biker Dog
01-13-2015, 09:47 AM
My current laptop has a button just above the touch pad to turn it on or off. My old laptop had a switch for the touch pad. I can't remember if the switch was on the side of the computer of the front edge.
Thanks>>>Checked for button & switch but can not find either of those... I will keep checking.

BTW the problem only started AFTER Microsoft updates were installed.

kfierle
01-13-2015, 10:00 AM
I can also turn my touch pad on and off by going to Control Panel, selecting Mouse, Device Settings tab, Selecting Touch pad, Enable, Apply. It may have been turned off during the update.

KayakerNC
01-13-2015, 10:08 AM
Thanks>>>Checked for button & switch but can not find either of those... I will keep checking.

BTW the problem only started AFTER Microsoft updates were installed.
Lots of good suggestions in this article.
"Not all touchpad icons are easy to figure out. Google your laptop's model name and number plus disable touchpad.."

When your laptop's touchpad stops working (http://www.pcworld.com/article/2474684/what-to-do-when-your-laptops-touchpad-stops-working.html)

Biker Dog
01-13-2015, 11:18 AM
Thanks folks, the touchpad now works correctly.... I knew someone on here would know where to find the answer.