PDA

View Full Version : My 1st Post- Some Loose Ends

Agrarian
05-28-2008, 04:29 PM
I certainly envy the many of you that are enjoying TV lifestyle! I have tried to do a reasonable amount of research, and I think I have a decent idea of how TV systems work. I would, however, like to hear from some of you veterens on just a couple areas to clarify them for me a bit.

- Although I am 57, my wife and I still have a 14 year old daughter. Does this relegate me to the "family" areas, or are there areas that would accept us? How do we know which areas would, if any?

- I understand that many of the communities have "manufactured" homes and that the "Villa" is the next step. Does anyone have experience with the homeowners' insurance difference? I assume that the Villa is considered a site built home.

- While I have read several comments on the fees required by each community and that they seem to range from monthly charges of $100 to $150ish, could someone just clarify what you actually get for this fee, and maybe what is not included.

I think I have a fair concept of the rest of the stuff involved, but It would be nice to hear from the experts on these issues!

Please excuse me if all of this was answered in older posts...I did check...but thought I would impose one more time. Thanks and Regards!

redwitch
05-28-2008, 04:48 PM
Hi agra and welcome. I can't answer all of your questions and I won't even guaranty my accuracy on the others, but thought I'd at least greet you (sides, it beats having to go grocery shopping).

Anyway, from what I understand the "family" areas are for TV employees. To live in TV itself you have to be at least 19 years of age. I don't think there are any exceptions to this. Honestly, even with the high school here, I doubt I would want to have my child living in a retirement community. You're bound to have at least one neighbor who will object to her having friends over, teens driving with music too loud, etc. It wouldn't be all that fair to her.

I don't know about the insurance differences for manufactured vs. villa, ranch, etc. Villas are site-built. They're not pre-manufactured.

The amenity fees include use of all rec centers, access to the exec golf courses. In addition, some of the funds should go to a fund for repairing community property such as mailbox center parking lots, rec centers, etc. I'm sure others will have more info about other things covered.

villages07
05-28-2008, 05:09 PM
Agra,

Unfortunately, with a 14 year old you will not be able to live here full time. All permanent residents must be 19 or older. There are family pools and underage visitors but children are limited to visiting 30 days per calendar year. There are some surrounding housing developments that are open to all ages but they do not have access to TV amenities.

Insurance, is higher on manufactured homes (relative to the cost of the home) than on site built homes but still reasonable....think I read somewhere about $1200 for Mfr home; Villas might be more like 500-800/year.

Amenity fee....you will be charged the current fee when you buy, regardless of where you buy. That is approx $135/month and covers the ongoing maintenance and operation of exec golf courses, pools, rec centers. I have heard that about 60% of the amenity fee goes towards payment for the initial purchase of the facilities and 40% to ongoing maintenance, operation, and upgrade.

Depending on where you choose to buy, your neighborhood may be covered by a CDD/bond assessment. Even if the initial infrastructure bond has been paid off, you will have an ongoing CDD maintenance assessment....this covers postal stations, golf cart trails, common landscaping, common area lights, irrigation, etc for your CDD district. This runs approx 400-500/year.

It sounds to me like your biggest hurdle will be the 14 year old. Unless you plan to buy something but only use it sporadically until the child turns 19.

Good luck.

Agrarian
05-28-2008, 05:26 PM
Thanks for the help! I guess what may have confused me a bit was the realtor listings for homes in the "family" area. I was unaware that they were restricted to TV employees. It would certainly be better for the realtors to specify that you must be an employee to make an offer on the resale opportunities in that area, but I guess you find out when you contact the agency!

Anyone working for TV that has a one hour per month need? I won't charge!!??!!

redwitch
05-28-2008, 06:40 PM
Check with the realtor about the "family" areas. My comment was a guess, so, who knows, it may not be limited to employees or it may be just not considered part of TV.