PDA

View Full Version : Worldwide Foreign Travel Club - Right Here In The Villages

Hyacinth Bucket
05-28-2008, 07:48 PM
I am posting the following. It is a club I am very interested in joining. Whenever they have had a meeting we either had guest or were not in TV.

HB

Annoucement:

The Worldwide Foreign Travel Club will meet in the Jefferson Room of Laural Manor.

Frank Kraft will give a video presentation on the Li River of China. A very picturest part of the world. After the presentation Frank will answer questions about his trip.

The club is open to all Villagers, and especially to those that have traveled to foreign countries and are willing to share their experiences by signing up to give presentations about their experiences.

As we discussed at our first meeting we plan to develop a list of places our members have visited as a resource for all our members to avail themselves of when deciding whether to visit these areas.

Come Thursday afternoon, and bring any other interested Villagers as we continue to form this new club.

For more information, call Charlie Jacobson at 750-0032

HB

Talk Host
05-28-2008, 07:51 PM
April 17th has long since passed.

Hyacinth Bucket
05-28-2008, 08:00 PM
Thanks - I deleted the date.

HB

l2ridehd
05-28-2008, 08:28 PM
That sounds like a great club and very interesting.

I have traveled on business and pleasure to Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, China, Australia, Taiwan, Philippines, Mexico, Brazil, Venezuela, Paraguay, Canada, UK, France, Italy, Spain, Germany, Denmark, Sweden, Belgium, India, South Africa, several Islands and I am sure others I have missed. Have passed through several others as well, but those listed have actually spent time in. And many of these multiple times.

Twice I have had to replace my passport because after adding pages twice they will not add any more and made me get a new one.

Lil Dancer
05-28-2008, 09:26 PM
I went to the first meeting, and really enjoyed it, but missed the others because it conflicted with our Euchre club. I believe they meet twice a month (at the Savannah center?) at 4:00. People give a talk each meeting on a place they've been, show slides, and answer questions. If you call Charlie, he'll give you the scoop. Enjoy!

Hyacinth Bucket
05-28-2008, 09:56 PM
Lil Dancer,

I plan to call Charlie tonight and see if he will post the information on this thread. The other members of the group might also be interested in this site.

HB

Hyacinth Bucket
05-28-2008, 10:41 PM
Hi, the next meeting will be June 5th at Laurel at 4 pm. There will be a presentation on Easter Island.

Wish I could go to the meeting.

HB