PDA

View Full Version : Cable TV

bowtie
05-28-2008, 09:24 PM
Hi All,

In late April I spent 4 nights at one of the "Cottages" on the lake.
Really nice.

I did notice that the Television reception was not very good, with a lot
of video noise and ghosts in the picture.

Is this the norm?

I currently have Direct TV and would like to maintain that quality.

Thanks for any information,

Bowtie

MelZ
06-24-2008, 01:27 PM
Bowtie:

I stayed in the Cottages last Dec. and had no problem with the television reception, so it may have been a isolated problem. I was at TV two weeks ago (in my house this time) and the Television cable reception was fine.

bowtie
06-26-2008, 05:27 AM
Thanks for the info.

islandgal
06-26-2008, 08:49 AM
Bow -
Here is a 2007 TOTV discussion about television choices.

https://www.talkofthevillages.com/smf/index.php/topic,3357.msg22627.html#msg22627

Personally, I started out with Comcast, but accepted an excellent package deal from Dish. Embarq was our only phone service at the time and the pkg included phone, internet and TV. Comcast has recently added phone service here, so you will probably be offered good pkgs from both.
However, now that my Dish contract has ended, I am going back to Comcast although Dish has a wider range of programs.

There are so many interruptions by storms with Dish and when the tornado in 2007 hit my village, I was without television shortly before, during and 3 days after. Luckily my home wasn't hit, but their repair trucks weren't allowed in here. My neighbors never lost Comcast. This was before everyone had weather radios, so it was frustrating not being informed other than a regular radio.

Just my thoughts - good luck to you

sandyb
12-30-2008, 02:22 PM
inteerested in opinions as to whether cable(comcast) or dish is better for HDTV. Having problems with comcast on HD where picture just freezes.

KayakerNC
12-30-2008, 04:32 PM
inteerested in opinions as to whether cable(comcast) or dish is better for HDTV. Having problems with comcast on HD where picture just freezes.

Don't believe that is a strictly Comcast problem, we have had the same freezing with some HD shows with Road Runner. Mostly TNT-HD for whatever reason. Hasn't happened lately (knock on wood) though.