PDA

View Full Version : Colony Cottage Gas Station on 466A

SteLead
05-30-2008, 01:46 PM
We were really excited about the convenient location of our new gas station at Colony. But we've been disappointed that they seem to be trying to take unfair advantage of us.

Has anyone besides me noticed that this station is gouging us on price? There usually 10 cents per gallon higher, and yesterday I noticed that they were 17 cents per gallon higher than the Citgo on 441 north of 466a.

BG
05-30-2008, 02:15 PM
I was at the Publix yesterday over at Colony Plaza, regular was $4.04. The prices up on 466 were in the $3.86 range. Too bad because the Colony station is so convenient.

JohnnyM
05-30-2008, 02:28 PM
I have heard that due to the lack of activity (customers) higher prices are needed to stay afloat. As the newer villages fill in and traffic increases the prices should drop. I can understand the start up costs will be higher to help stay in business until a real customer base can be obtained. Just my opinion. I am sure the owner realizes his prices are well above the norm. IMHO, Johnny

handieman
05-30-2008, 02:58 PM
We were really excited about the convenient location of our new gas station at Colony. But we've been disappointed that they seem to be trying to take unfair advantage of us.

Has anyone besides me noticed that this station is gouging us on price? There usually 10 cents per gallon higher, and yesterday I noticed that they were 17 cents per gallon higher than the Citgo on 441 north of 466a.

Its all about the new business mentality. Let me explain. The New York Thruway suffered a drop in patronage probably due to increased gas prices or their own price increases. Their solution?? Increase prices :o to offset the lack of income from fewer users. I'm sure the higher use charges cured their cash flow DUH?
Then we have the US Post Office 1rnfl Gosh people are using Email and not buying postage stamps like they used to?? DUH So they increase the price of postage, I'm sure this helped sales a lot 024
Many years ago when I began my business, I tried the opposite approach DUH, I undercut the competition till my sales volume was high enough to offset the lack of profit per sale. Hmmm It worked, but how can it, these guys are smarter than I?? Aren't they ???
Handie :joke:

JohnN
05-30-2008, 04:31 PM
where exactly is this located on 466a? (since I don't live there yet LOL)

jflynn1
05-30-2008, 09:17 PM
Don't bother going. They were out of gas thursday nite and were not expecting a delivery or 2 or 3 days. Strange

NYVette
06-14-2008, 11:59 AM
I own in Duval so I was also happy about the Chevron station in Colony Plaza.
It's been my experiance that some brands of gasoline often sell for more than other brands. Chevron is one of the gasoline brands labled "top tier" by the EPA. It usually cost more but it's a better product. On the other hand, Citgo is owned by Venuzeuela and under the control of it's dictator....Hugo Chavez. That's the end on my politics.

Personally I'd rather unplug the electric golf cart and head off to Lake Sumter Landing for two for one cocktails.

The other Top Tier Fuels.....

http://www.toptiergas.com/retailers.html
http://www.toptiergas.com/index.html

NYVette
06-14-2008, 08:52 PM
I'd like to add to my first post.......

My logic is that if I buy gasoline about every second week.....and at the Chevron (or any other gas station) it sells for about 15 cents/gallon more than Citgo.....then it cost me about $1.50 per week to use a better product in my car and I feel that I'm not contributing to a dictator that doesn't like the USA.

Sooooooo........
Two weeks of better quality fuel vs support of a dictator and the cost to me is less than those LSL cocktails.

JUREK
06-14-2008, 10:04 PM
nyvette:
I'm with you :bigthumbsup:

chuckster
06-15-2008, 12:29 AM
Regular was 3.97 today at the Colony Chevron, the same as Shell on 466.

ouma1938
06-15-2008, 01:24 PM
nyvette :agree: I try very hard to never be in a position where I have to get gas (or be pushing the PT Cruiser) and only thing around is a Citgo. And I don't mind paying a little more to keep my pennies out of the hands of that dictator.

dbdavis
06-15-2008, 02:32 PM
It's good to know that they've found out one of the basic functions of economics is to lower prices when business is down. It makes no sense that they would raise prices due to lack of sales. As a matter of fact, it seems moronic.

Anyway, here's hoping the gas price situation will improve soon. We'll be driving to our home in Duval from Baltimore in late July for a two week stay.
Will be relocating permanantly this time next year.

Muncle
06-23-2008, 11:33 PM
I heard from a normally reliable source today that the Chevron station will be closing at the end of the month. My source told me that the station was paying $20,000. per month rent -- don't know if that included or if there was also a % of sales charge like in most of the stores.

That's just too damn much rent for that area today. Maybe in a few years when the present southern end is filled out and there are a ton of homes south of 466A and more businesses down there and the medical area fills out and 466A gets more thru traffic and . . . Nobody could afford $20K a month for a gas station there now, no matter what they charged for gas.