PDA

View Full Version : Amazon Prime

Bonnevie
01-24-2015, 10:36 AM
anyone interested in trying this can get it today for $72 for a year. I've been wanting to watch Downtown Abbey from the start and you can here. I'm hoping to cut down on my dependence on cable.

Hancle704
01-24-2015, 11:00 AM
anyone interested in trying this can get it today for $72 for a year. I've been wanting to watch Downtown Abbey from the start and you can here. I'm hoping to cut down on my dependence on cable.

Is that an introductory price? Our membership was increased last year to $99/year. We took advantage of membership and streamed first 4 seasons of Downton Abbey and season of Boardwalk Empire. The 2 day free shipping is another Prime benefit. The recent addition of FL Sales Tax is causing me to wonder about renewing Prime membership is future, and many of the "free" Prime movies are not the latest or greatest IMO.

I wonder how you would be able to stream movies without cable, or did you just mean dropping some cable movies?

Bonnevie
01-24-2015, 11:10 AM
I stream netflix movies thru a Roku device and I believe I can use it for Amazon as well. I also have a smart tv. so I need internet for these. yes, this is a one day special price for new users.

fred53
01-24-2015, 09:16 PM
Is that an introductory price? Our membership was increased last year to $99/year. We took advantage of membership and streamed first 4 seasons of Downton Abbey and season of Boardwalk Empire. The 2 day free shipping is another Prime benefit. The recent addition of FL Sales Tax is causing me to wonder about renewing Prime membership is future, and many of the "free" Prime movies are not the latest or greatest IMO.

I wonder how you would be able to stream movies without cable, or did you just mean dropping some cable movies?

without cable....a Roku box, apple tv box, chrome usb stick and likely more. Either google it or go to BestBuy and ask. All you need is basic internet and a wifi router(high speed internet is available from Comcast for $66.95 for 25mb/sec and I easily stream movies and tv shows at 3.5mb/sec). The router can be had for under $50, but don't go to cheap. You can always rent one from the cable company. I bought the apple tv for $99, but you can get Roku for as little as $79 or so.

MikeV
01-25-2015, 07:11 AM
I have DirecTV and Comcast. We watch a lot if Amazon Prime and Netflix so thinking hard on whether I even need TV anymore. Of the 225 channels I get we watch maybe 5 or 6. A HD Antenna will give me local channels for local news etc.

wendyquat
01-25-2015, 09:17 AM
I buy so much on Amazon Prime that I easily save the yearly fee in free shipping costs. I've found very few things that you can't find on Amazon!

MikeV
01-25-2015, 10:51 AM
I buy so much on Amazon Prime that I easily save the yearly fee in free shipping costs. I've found very few things that you can't find on Amazon!

:agree:

Bonnevie
01-25-2015, 11:23 AM
I'm finding I'm enjoying shows done by BBC more than American weekly series. There's actually very few shows on network tv I look forward to--pretty much The Good Wife and Modern Family. I really enjoyed The Fall on Netflix recently.