View Full Version : Super bowl

jblum315
02-01-2015, 09:57 PM

lafoto
02-01-2015, 10:07 PM
The fat lady just sang!!! Go Pats!!

MrGolf
02-01-2015, 10:16 PM
Whomever made that call for Seattle should be ashamed. Worst call possible. Pats didn't win. Seattle handed them the Lombardi

Mikeod
02-01-2015, 10:39 PM
Whomever made that call for Seattle should be ashamed. Worst call possible. Pats didn't win. Seattle handed them the Lombardi
Pete Carroll doesn't agree. Said it was a good call but the Patriots made a great play. Still said it does hurt to lose after playing so well. I agree. It was a great game. Back and forth. Great plays from both teams. Aside from the scrum at the end, I thought it was a clean game with relatively few penalties.

Polar Bear
02-01-2015, 10:49 PM

Lynch had been unstoppable all night. And the Seahawks had a timeout. Pass play was possibly the worst call in NFL history.!

But...can't agree that the Pats didn't win. Look at the scoreboard. :)

Dr Winston O Boogie jr
02-01-2015, 10:54 PM
IMHO opinion, the greatest football game ever played and certainly, the best Super Bowl ever. And I would be saying that even if the Seahawks had won. It was truly a fantastic game.

Sorry, but The Patriots din't win the game as much as Seattle lost it. Had to be one of the worst calls in history.

Thank you to Pete Carrol or the offensive coordinator of whoever was calling the plays for handing The Patriots their fourth Super Bowl.

But, even if they had run Marshawn Lynch for a touchdown, the Pats would have gotten the ball back with about 50 seconds left and only would have needed a field goal to send the game into the first overtime in Super Bowl History.

And for those of you who are still going on about the under inflated balls, there is this: Deflategate twist: Only one of Patriots' 12 balls were under-inflated - NFL - SI.com (http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/02/01/deflategate-only-one-patriots-football-underinflated)

CFrance
02-01-2015, 11:08 PM
IMHO opinion, the greatest football game ever played and certainly, the best Super Bowl ever. And I would be saying that even if the Seahawks had won. It was truly a fantastic game.

Sorry, but The Patriots din't win the game as much as Seattle lost it. Had to be one of the worst calls in history.

Thank you to Pete Carrol or the offensive coordinator of whoever was calling the plays for handing The Patriots their fourth Super Bowl.

But, even if they had run Marshawn Lynch for a touchdown, the Pats would have gotten the ball back with about 50 seconds left and only would have needed a field goal to send the game into the first overtime in Super Bowl History.

And for those of you who are still going on about the under inflated balls, there is this: Deflategate twist: Only one of Patriots' 12 balls were under-inflated - NFL - SI.com (http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/02/01/deflategate-only-one-patriots-football-underinflated)
I am glad to see you call the game so neutrally. It was a great game. I'm not crazy about either team! But it was a great game, and few penalties, a very fairly played game, and they gave us great football. Hats off to both the Seahawks and Patriots.

kbace6
02-01-2015, 11:13 PM

What Seattle should be ashamed of was how they behaved in the face of a loss. No class and SORE LOSERS. I lost a lost of respect for them because of that.

:spoken:

Bosoxfan
02-01-2015, 11:15 PM
After that juggling catch by Kearse all I could think was not again! A lucky bounce of the ball ala David Tyree's helmet catch was going to snatch victory away. I agree horrible call on the pass play but to say the Patriots didn't win it is wrong. If you watch the interception the kid made a great break on the ball and came up with the game winning play.Sorry Seattle you played great but the better team won!

simpkinp
02-01-2015, 11:20 PM
I agree. Poor sportsmanship at the end of one of the best games I have seen all year. Loved the game.. Hated the aftermath. Shame. Not what we want to teach our kids, but NFL is losing on that one and ILOVE THE NFL. disappointing

Allegiance
02-02-2015, 03:00 AM
I am only here so I dont get fined.

DonH57
02-02-2015, 10:39 AM
What Seattle should be ashamed of was how they behaved in the face of a loss. No class and SORE LOSERS. I lost a lost of respect for them because of that.

:spoken:

I agree. I feel that was one of the most vile demonstrations of poor sportsmanship by a team. Truly a classless act.:ohdear:

Dr Winston O Boogie jr
02-02-2015, 10:47 AM
It's been a good time to be a Boston sports fan.

http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii564/Winston1027/10968375_10205937848193678_2927816188775482135_n_z pspb7acimc.jpg (http://s1260.photobucket.com/user/Winston1027/media/10968375_10205937848193678_2927816188775482135_n_z pspb7acimc.jpg.html)

DeanFL
02-02-2015, 11:32 AM
I agree. I feel that was one of the most vile demonstrations of poor sportsmanship by a team. Truly a classless act.:ohdear:

Tough loss for the Seattle fans. They must feel deflated.

It was a great game right to the end. Gotta hand it to both teams and coaches.

I truly detested the way the NFL handled the Patriots/issue re deflategate - was certain that Goodell would end the investigation etc well before the SB, and not have the issue detract from and hang over the game...but nope - as like all the other controversies this season, they blew it.

I do feel sorry for the Seahawks fans - a terrible way to lose. But happy for the Patriots fans, esp after the other two SB losses; if Seattle would have scored in the end, it would have been rough, 3&3 in SB with 3 horrible-way-to-lose losses. But, Seattle got to the SB with some very fortunate calls - live by the sword...

Will be very interesting how the NFL now handles the deflategate findings...

PennBF
02-02-2015, 11:38 AM
Of course we all understand we had absolutely nothing to do with the Patriots win or the Seattle loss. It was the 22+ players and coaches who performed. To pretend we were in any way responisible for 22+ men from all over the USA playing a terrific ball game is kind of living in a Wizard of OZ world. I would give that if you had a relative playing in the game or coaching you would have had a reason to cheer a particular team. :ohdear:

golf2140
02-02-2015, 11:47 AM
Seattle got to the Super Bowl on a bone head play by Green Bay

janmcn
02-02-2015, 12:11 PM
Seattle got to the Super Bowl on a bone head play by Green Bay

And some pundits are saying that the Pats won the Super Bowl because of a bonehead play by Seattle. Whatever.

IMO Tom Brady, Bill Belechick and the Pats deserve every accolade that is coming their way today...best team ever, best quarterback ever. Nobody can discount four super bowl wins in 15 years and three MVP's for Brady. Very few players and coaches have four super bowl rings.

Dr Winston O Boogie jr
02-02-2015, 04:50 PM
And some pundits are saying that the Pats won the Super Bowl because of a bonehead play by Seattle. Whatever.

IMO Tom Brady, Bill Belechick and the Pats deserve every accolade that is coming their way today...best team ever, best quarterback ever. Nobody can discount four super bowl wins in 15 years and three MVP's for Brady. Very few players and coaches have four super bowl rings.

Are any pundits saying that the only reason Seattle had a chance to win was because of Kearse's horse shoe up his butt, lucky catch on the five yard line?

These things all tend to even out. I know that I, like probably every other Patriots fan was thinking one thing when Kearse made that catch. "David Tyree the second".

On the other hand as bad as I think that the call was, it pretty much worked except for an incredible play by rookie Malcolm Butler. And, even if Seattle had scored a touchdown, the Patriots would have gotten the ball back with plenty of time and all three of their timeouts needing only a field goal to tie. So, Seattle didn't exactly hand them the game. Even with a touchdown, we could have seen overtime.

Dr Winston O Boogie jr
02-02-2015, 04:55 PM
Of course we all understand we had absolutely nothing to do with the Patriots win or the Seattle loss. It was the 22+ players and coaches who performed. To pretend we were in any way responisible for 22+ men from all over the USA playing a terrific ball game is kind of living in a Wizard of OZ world. I would give that if you had a relative playing in the game or coaching you would have had a reason to cheer a particular team. :ohdear:

Wow, you are just so much more emotionally mature and intelligent than almost every one. You're correct. Why any of us watch sports or root for a team is ridiculous. We should all just give it up and go on to more important pursuits. Maybe studying eastern philosophy for example.

DonH57
02-02-2015, 05:06 PM
Wow, you are just so much more emotionally mature and intelligent than almost every one. You're correct. Why any of us watch sports or root for a team is ridiculous. We should all just give it up and go on to more important pursuits. Maybe studying eastern philosophy for example.

No kidding........Talk about a debbie downer:bigbow:

janmcn
02-02-2015, 05:31 PM
No kidding........Talk about a debbie downer:bigbow:

https://twitter.com/TVGuideMagazine/status/562364170776354817

Even without Penn watching, this year's super bowl pulled in 114.4 million viewers, the most-watched show ever in TV history. Perhaps the NFL will come up with some fake scandal about this time every year.

rubicon
02-02-2015, 05:45 PM
i suspect some 120 million or so watched the super bowl. I gave up watch pro ball especially football because of the immoral conduct of some players because of the unsportsmanlike conduct by some. Ballgahzi and or Deflategate undersore my point.

did you notice how quickly this cheating scheme was deflected. Why? follow the money

But the main reason i stopped is because despite the NFL commissioner makes 44 million a year the NFL, et al are taxed exempt and that is clearly crony capitalism

dbussone
02-02-2015, 06:10 PM

I slept at a Holiday Inn Express last night. Yeah Patriots.

Dr Winston O Boogie jr
02-02-2015, 06:51 PM
i suspect some 120 million or so watched the super bowl. I gave up watch pro ball especially football because of the immoral conduct of some players because of the unsportsmanlike conduct by some. Ballgahzi and or Deflategate undersore my point.

did you notice how quickly this cheating scheme was deflected. Why? follow the money

But the main reason i stopped is because despite the NFL commissioner makes 44 million a year the NFL, et al are taxed exempt and that is clearly crony capitalism

The NFL is tax exempt? When did that happen? And what does the salary of the commissioner have to do with anything?

Do you drive a car? Are you concerned with what the CEO of the car company makes?

Dr Winston O Boogie jr
02-02-2015, 07:12 PM

Heard on the radio today that 50% of all televisions in the US were tuned in to the Super Bowl.

DougB
02-02-2015, 07:43 PM
The 32 NFL teams and their players pay taxes. The NFL office doesn't because it is classified as a trade organization. The PGA, LPGA, Association of Tennis Professionals, and the National Hockey League offices also are tax exempt.

Dr Winston O Boogie jr
02-03-2015, 08:26 AM
The 32 NFL teams and their players pay taxes. The NFL office doesn't because it is classified as a trade organization. The PGA, LPGA, Association of Tennis Professionals, and the National Hockey League offices also are tax exempt.

Absolutely true. The NFL and all of these other organizations are similar to unions. basically all of the money that they make either goes into expenses or back to the teams who pay taxes on the money.

Bosoxfan
02-03-2015, 01:12 PM
It's been almost 2 full days since the Pats won the Super Bowl, and I still feel like I did, the moment Butler picked off that pass to win it. Now as I think of how things played out over the years, there's 3 things that Butler's play did:

1: It secured Brady's place as the greatest ever. (In my eyes)

2: It was redemption for how they lost in the 1st Super Bowl vs the Giants, in that there were miracle catches (Tyree/Kearse) that put both teams in a position to win the game in the first place.

3: And most importantly, it gives Pats fans a reason to gloat while all the haters who kept saying they haven't won since spygate, they're cheaters, deflategate, or any other excuse to try and take away from the fact the Patriots are a GREAT TEAM.

So thank you Malcolm Butler, my new hero. Patriots are Super Bowl Champs again, and will be right there playing to win it all again next season.

And I'll end it with this, we all know Brady is a class act, but giving his MVP award truck to Butler is as classiest a thing as he has ever done. Go Patriots!!!

Dr Winston O Boogie jr
02-03-2015, 09:21 PM
It's been almost 2 full days since the Pats won the Super Bowl, and I still feel like I did, the moment Butler picked off that pass to win it. Now as I think of how things played out over the years, there's 3 things that Butler's play did:

2: It was redemption for how they lost in the 1st Super Bowl vs the Giants, in that there were miracle catches (Tyree/Kearse) that put both teams in a position to win the game in the first place.

3: And most importantly, it gives Pats fans a reason to gloat while all the haters who kept saying they haven't won since spygate, they're cheaters, deflategate, or any other excuse to try and take away from the fact the Patriots are a GREAT TEAM.

So thank you Malcolm Butler, my new hero. Patriots are Super Bowl Champs again, and will be right there playing to win it all again next season.

And I'll end it with this, we all know Brady is a class act, but giving his MVP award truck to Butler is as classiest a thing as he has ever done. Go Patriots!!!

In addition to Tyree's and Kearse's absurd catches there was the one by Mario Manningham in 2012 and Welker's drop that same year. I think most Patriots fans were thinking "not three in a row!"

PennBF
02-05-2015, 09:37 AM
I appreciate being referenced in one of the notes but I don't think a large number of viewers is sufficient to prove how honest Something might be! As I recall '
John Dillinger had a Huge number of viewer's and we know what he was?
Big does not mean right! Action determines what is right! :ho:

Dr Winston O Boogie jr
02-05-2015, 11:12 AM
I appreciate being referenced in one of the notes but I don't think a large number of viewers is sufficient to prove how honest Something might be! As I recall '
John Dillinger had a Huge number of viewer's and we know what he was?
Big does not mean right! Action determines what is right! :ho:

Huh?

We're talking about right and wrong?

You evidently are much smarter than everyone else here because I don't think that any of us ever thought about any of this being a right and wrong issue.

But, you have gotten me thinking. How stupid I have been over the past 55 years or so having so much fun rooting for my home town sports teams. What an idiot I was feeling jubilation when the Red Sox won the World Series after 86 six years. What a moron I was to thrill at the sight of Bobby Orr flying through the air after his Stanley Cup winning goal. All the time I wasted in feeling good when the Celtics won a bazillion NBA titles and now this. A complete waste of my life, getting enjoyment and being entertained by millionaires from other cities winning four Super Bowls for my home town.

I think that I'll have to give up watching sports and perhaps take up viewing sculptures. Yes, that's it, sculpture, a much more cerebral way to find enjoyment in life.

I feel so ashamed.

Polar Bear
02-05-2015, 11:39 AM

How sad. You're missing out on a very fun piece of life.

dbussone
02-05-2015, 11:50 AM

The second classiest thing he did was the year he gave all the offensive linemen Rolex watches after they won the SuperBowl. He knows where his bread is buttered and shows his appreciation.

redwitch
02-05-2015, 01:55 PM
Giving the truck to Butler was a class act. Gifting his teammates with Rolexes was pretty darn cool. Giving credit to his teammates definitely showed a lot of class, but none of these are remotely close to his classiest act. His support of Best Buddies, both of time and money, is where his class really shines. He started working with this organization since 2002. His behind-the-scene support of many charities is well-known in the Bay Area (and probably in Boston). This is where he truly shines.

dbussone
02-05-2015, 01:58 PM
Giving the truck to Butler was a class act. Gifting his teammates with Rolexes was pretty darn cool. Giving credit to his teammates definitely showed a lot of class, but none of these are remotely close to his classiest act. His support of Best Buddies, both of time and money, is where his class really shines. He started working with this organization since 2002. His behind-the-scene support of many charities is well-known in the Bay Area (and probably in Boston). This is where he truly shines.

Thank you for noting his off field work. You are correct.