PDA

View Full Version : Fertigator - worth a look

Kahuna32162
02-09-2015, 06:42 PM
Attn, Stellar and Service Smart customers, after a lot of research, I have signed on with Ferginator for lawn, shurb and tree care. They gaurentee a green and healthy lawn with a system that delivers lawn nutrients thru your exsisting spinkler system at NO added cost!

Bonanza
02-10-2015, 03:30 AM
Attn, Stellar and Service Smart customers, after a lot of research, I have signed on with Ferginator for lawn, shurb and tree care. They gaurentee a green and healthy lawn with a system that delivers lawn nutrients thru your exsisting spinkler system at NO added cost!

Good luck with Fertigator. If you saw my neighbor's lawn that they were servicing, you would never use them.

Also, since the fertilizer is through the sprinkler system, all your shrubs and trees are getting exactly what your grass is getting. Not a good idea. You also should not be fertilzing during the winter months.

johnfarr
02-10-2015, 05:42 AM
I used them for almost 2 years. A good concept, but It was a typical rainy year and sprinklers were not used much. I conserve water by irrigating only when the grass looks stressed. With almost daily rain in the afternoon sprinklers were off and the organic nutrients/pest controls (they call it Mojo) were not sent out as needed. It may work better for absentee homeowners who leave their sprinklers on the timer all year.

When I signed up I had a chinch bug problem, and they did a great job of controling them with pesticides.

dewilson58
02-10-2015, 08:15 AM
Fertigator works great, everything looks great....not just the grass.

You can drive down the street and the greenest lawns are Fert's

karostay
02-10-2015, 09:14 AM

Good luck with Fertigator. If you saw my neighbor's lawn that they were servicing, you would never use them.

Also, since the fertilizer is through the sprinkler system, all your shrubs and trees are getting exactly what your grass is getting. Not a good idea. You also should not be fertilzing during the winter months.

Call Fertigtor as I did ..All your questions concerns will be professionally answered They will send out Tech address your concerns one by one
You'll know exactly how the system works not hear say
I have no regents hiring their services they transformed my substandard lawn and shrubs which my past lawn company couldn't accomplish in 3 years to the envy of my neighbors in just 6 months few have have even switched to their services

eremite06
02-10-2015, 09:42 AM
I've had them for years. Very happy with my lawn and shrubs. They empty the fertilizer container this time of year. They'll inspect for weeds or insects and treat appropriately.

spring_chicken
02-10-2015, 09:48 AM
Can you give a ballpark of what they charge?

sharonga
04-21-2015, 10:12 AM
Is everyone still happy with Fertigator? Thinking of going with them. Had PTL for 3 years and not so happy lately.

ziggie
04-21-2015, 10:21 AM
How about a ball park price

jnieman
04-21-2015, 10:52 AM
Ok, I will post my Fertigator price but I don't want this thread to go off on a tanget about price as we have already beaten that dead horse in another thread. We pay $55 a month for our fertigator and other services done by them and to us it is worth every penny. I love that this is a consistant service and that there are no ups and downs with care. That is for fertilizing the lawn and shrubs, weed control, pest control and termite protection. You don't have to have all of those things as they can be sold separately. We mow our own lawn. EVERYTHING in our landscape is very healthy. Green, green grass with very few weeds, our hedges are completely filled out without bare spots, our flowers are thriving. We couldn't ask for our yard to look any better.

dewilson58
04-21-2015, 11:35 AM
Still loving Fertigator.

Regarding pricing....................they have a number of packages and services. They are a one stop shop, so they need to know what you want and they will customize.

Last year I had them move a tree.............great job, great price and it survived.

CFrance
04-21-2015, 12:07 PM

They do not fertilize during the winter months. They come back in the spring and fill the fert. dispenser. It' said very weak solution that is okay to use continuously during the growing season. (I learned this from a nursery in MI) My neighbor's lawn looks the best on the street using this company. Ours needs work. The owner is coming by today to have a look-see. Called him yesterday. BTW, lawn looked bad last fall before we switched from Service Smart to Fertigator, so we are not blaming this on Fertigator.

dewilson58
04-21-2015, 12:11 PM
They do not fertilize during the winter months. They come back in the spring and fill the fert. dispenser. It' said very weak solution that is okay to use continuously during the growing season. (I learned this from a nursery in MI) My neighbor's lawn looks the best on the street using this company. Ours needs work. The owner is coming by today to have a look-see. Called him yesterday. BTW, lawn looked bad last fall before we switched from Service Smart to Fertigator, so we are not blaming this on Fertigator.

Tell Dave HI.........good man.

OurHappyHome
05-19-2015, 10:23 AM
Does anyone have a contact number for
Ferginator?

jnieman
05-19-2015, 10:35 AM

If you call they will come an do a manual fertilizer. They check our lawn occasionally and do this for us.

dewilson58
05-19-2015, 10:45 AM
Does anyone have a contact number for
Ferginator?

leesburgfertigator@gmail.com

wisbad1
05-19-2015, 01:35 PM
Fertigator? The best!!!:bigbow::bigbow::bigbow:

Skip2MySue
05-19-2015, 02:26 PM
We've used Fertigator for a couple of years now. Did run into some problems along the way but they have been very responsive even installing new sod in some spots. All in all I've been pleased.
Skip 2

Joe Tomaselli
05-19-2015, 05:37 PM

I'm planning on speaking to them for a quote. I hope that they are good. There are enough bad contractors here in TV................too much business.

kcrazorbackfan
07-05-2015, 07:19 PM

Had their system installed 3 weeks ago and there is a big difference on how much better my lawn looks vs. what it was; we're very satisfied with them. BTW, they empty the system so you do not fertilize during the winter.

Floridagal
07-05-2015, 07:58 PM
We have been using them for quite a few years now and our lawn looks great. If we have any problems they come right out and take care of it. Never had a problem with them. Three of my neighbors use them and we have the nicest lawns on the block.

Kahuna32162
07-06-2015, 05:50 AM
Here's a 6 month UPDATE....We started with Fertigator after Stellar/SS ruined our lawn and left looking the worst on the block. We had to repalce about 300 sq yds of sod and de thach the entire yard (something that was in the Stellar contract, thet SS refused to honor). We also put doen a good amount of new soil and compost to help kick start what was left of our grass. As of the 4th of July, our lawn looks great! We are very happy to recommend their services to anyone.

jnieman
07-06-2015, 07:47 AM
Here's a 6 month UPDATE....We started with Fertigator after Stellar/SS ruined our lawn and left looking the worst on the block. We had to repalce about 300 sq yds of sod and de thach the entire yard (something that was in the Stellar contract, thet SS refused to honor). We also put doen a good amount of new soil and compost to help kick start what was left of our grass. As of the 4th of July, our lawn looks great! We are very happy to recommend their services to anyone.

I was one of several who recommended Fertigator earlier in your post and am really happy it worked out for you. They continue to please us. One part that I don't know if it was mentioned was that we had a weedy back yard and they originally told us that the torpedo grass was hard to kill but that after a while our healthy grass could choke out the torpedo grass. This has happened in some areas that were pretty bad. We are very pleased. If you think your lawn needs a little more fertilizer just call and they will come and manually put some on for a boost. They also do our pest control and we have not seen one bug.

kcrazorbackfan
07-30-2015, 07:31 PM
As I stated in an earlier post, Fertigator transformed my yard from horrible to one of the best on the loop in about two months time. Dave at Fertigator is great to work with.

rdhdleo
10-07-2015, 11:47 AM
Those of you that have had good lawn care from Fertigator, do you use them for pest control also?If so has that been good? I've tried many companies over the years and the only one that has kept me 99.5% bug free inside the house has been Massey.

Barefoot
10-07-2015, 12:08 PM
Here's a 6 month UPDATE....We started with Fertigator after Stellar/SS ruined our lawn and left looking the worst on the block. .... our lawn looks great! We are very happy to recommend their services to anyone.

Thanks for the six-month update. Are you still happy with Fertigator after nine months?
We had Service Smart for several years and had no problems.
We decided to switch companies solely because SS seems to be on a downward spiral.
We started using Falcon Lawn and Pest Control June 1, 2015. So far we like them.
We also considered Fertigator but our neighbor had used them with poor results.
If Falcon doesn't work out for us after six months, we will try Fertigator.
We like the "one-stop shopping" companies.
It's very convenient for Seasonal Residents to have only one company to contact and pay.

gap2415
10-07-2015, 12:25 PM
Another vote for fertigator, lawn and pest control. Our lawn is green and healthy.

rexxfan
10-26-2015, 06:29 PM
Another vote for fertigator, lawn and pest control. Our lawn is green and healthy.

We're seasonal residents and use them as well. Aside from an issue with an old fertilizer unit left from a prior owner being re-used instead of installing a new unit and said old unit subsequently springing a huge leak while we were away up North, it's been relatively smooth sailing since. A few minor issues such as a sprinkler head lopped off here and there (but quickly fixed) and shrubs not being trimmed quite as often as I'd like. But overall nothing so serious that I'd consider switching. I do like the convenience of only one company to deal with. The only thing I wish they did that they do not is tree trimming. Shrubs, yes. Trees, no.
--
bc