PDA

View Full Version : Rentals listed at half the value of Zillow

helen lovely
02-20-2015, 07:57 AM
Except vacation rentals regular yearly or more are listed by Realtors at about half the actual or fair value amount. Why? Also, The Villages is the ONLY market in the USA where it is EXPECTED that the owner pay amenities (used by tenant) & yard upkeep services, etc. This in turn causes most owners that do not live there or ever intend to do so, convert them to vacation rentals to at least break even.

asianthree
02-20-2015, 08:06 AM
Except vacation rentals regular yearly or more are listed by Realtors at about half the actual or fair value amount. Why? Also, The Villages is the ONLY market in the USA where it is EXPECTED that the owner pay amenities (used by tenant) & yard upkeep services, etc. This in turn causes most owners that do not live there or ever intend to do so, convert them to vacation rentals to at least break even.

If owners never intended to live here than I would think they bought intending to rent. As an owner you can have your tenant pay what ever they are willing to pay...amenities and yard. But you will find that May only happen in a long term

redwitch
02-20-2015, 08:54 AM
Seems like most homeowners factor the amenities, etc., into rent on long-term rentals. At least if the homeowner pays for yard work, he knows it is being taken care of. Seems like a wise move to me.

Afraid I don't understand what you are trying to say about realtors. I've found that property managed by realtors is usually at a higher rate than those rented directly.