PDA

View Full Version : harley rider

benj
06-26-2008, 12:01 AM
Im trying to decide if I should bring my Harley to tv. Is there a group of guys who ride motorcycles there? Is tv motorcycle friendly? Does it rain everyday? How big are the bugs? I saw a pic of someone on the forum in front of a bike. I'm a little worried about the driving habits of some of the locals. What do ya think?

Shirleevee
06-26-2008, 12:10 AM
The Village Nomads........check out the club section

Shirleevee

Blondie
06-26-2008, 02:36 AM
benj, I have a Road King, and will have it shipped down to TV when I come down to rent a place in the Fall. I went down to TV for a Life Style visit the end of April (didn't have my bike with me), and went over to the place where the Village Nomads meet so I could chat with them. They have long rides quite often, and they ride to breakfast and lunch about three times a week. They were very friendly, helpful and lovely to talk to, and from my point of view, appeared very competent. I think you would enjoy riding with them---I am looking foward to riding with them myself.
blondie

blueeagle65
07-01-2008, 06:30 PM
I think that as long as you have functional mufflers that your neighbors won't have any problems with your bike. There is a fellow in our neighborhood that has a big dressed out bike that makes less noise than a gas golf cart. Good neighbor!

Terra Ridge
07-07-2008, 04:06 PM
benji, from what I have heard, the nomads is one of the largest clubs in TV. I can't wait to ride with them! We have a road king and look forward to riding year round. We hope to be down by the end of the summer. Looking forward to riding with you.

redwitch
07-07-2008, 06:10 PM
Now, if anyone has a bike and needs a passenger, shout out! While I've driven bikes before I honestly don't like being in the front but I LOVE being in the back. I'll even promise not to hang on for dear life and I really, truly know how to lean into the corners.

Blondie
07-07-2008, 07:05 PM
Red, I just now made arrangements to have my bike shipped down to TV in Sept. If I had a back seat, I would take you in a heartbeat. I met some of the Nomads when I was down in April, and I know some of them would love to put you on the back of their bike.

But when I come back---be ready to dance--okay?

Blondie