PDA

View Full Version : Cosmetic Surgery

ConeyIsBabe
06-26-2008, 08:17 PM
::) Sure, it's a vanity thing but I'll admit to having my nose "fixed" when I was 16 or 17 years old. Now when I look in the mirror I wonder if my life would be any different if I had a teeny-weeny little facelift. At my age, I dunno :dontknow:

Has anyone had any nip-tucks done locally? Would you consider it? C'mon.... 'fess up ;)

Rokinronda
06-26-2008, 08:39 PM
I don't have anything to fess up! No nips, no tucks, no lifts, no fake bits (sp.?).... Au natural is what ya get here! Every bump, lump, sag and wrinkle is testament to a life well lived, and my hub agrees. We love me just as I am! There are risks to every procedure and I'm not taking any! My personal opinion only!

samhass
06-26-2008, 09:01 PM
Coney, who takes all your pics? You have new ones all the time.

sschuler1
06-26-2008, 09:09 PM
I had a breast reduction 3 yrs. ago. It was the best thing I ever did for myself. I had backaches everyday, some so bad that they went up my neck and I had headaches as well. Haven't had a backache since!

ConeyIsBabe
06-26-2008, 09:12 PM
samhass........ photography is a small hobby of mine and I have a zillion pics on my hard drive; I try to change them often ;D

samhass
06-26-2008, 09:13 PM
The garden is beautiful.

ConeyIsBabe
06-26-2008, 09:20 PM
thanks samhass...... you can see some more lovely pics of my property on picturetrail.com and my member name is rosejolie.

chelsea24
06-27-2008, 04:32 AM
No nips and tucks yet. Obviously! But I'm not opposed to it. I have to admit to being too afraid of surgery. I'm a free spirit. If it feels good, do it! I have to admit the Botox plastic faces turn me off though. Don't know why people think they look good when they can't smile. Smiling lights up a room and lightens the heart.

When I was gloomy, my mother used to say "Don't frown, you never know who's falling in love with your smile." I used to love that. ;D

redwitch
06-27-2008, 05:30 AM
I worked too hard to get to this age to try to hide it. So, no plastic surgery for me. I had considered lipo at one time -- 99 lbs and a paunch just didn't make sense. Since then, I've decided I'm stuck with my gut, especially since the stomach muscles have been seriously cut into and no amount of lipo is gonna help that, anyway.

nONIE
06-27-2008, 01:34 PM
No nips and tucks yet. Obviously! But I'm not opposed to it. I have to admit to being too afraid of surgery. I'm a free spirit. If it feels good, do it! I have to admit the Botox plastic faces turn me off though. Don't know why people think they look good when they can't smile. Smiling lights up a room and lightens the heart.

When I was gloomy, my mother used to say "Don't frown, you never know who's falling in love with your smile." I used to love that. ;D

Chels,

I just love that quote from your mom. I think I will probably always remember it too!

Im with ya on the cosmetic surgery. Would love some but scared to death. The older I get the more I dont want any procedures on my body. Dont want doctors poking & prodding at anything. Just leave me the heck alone!!!!!

But, If a little tuck or lift makes a person feel better and have more confidence in themselves , I feel its well worth it. Just have to get up some nerve here. If you do it Ill do it! LOL
Kinda like girls having to go to the bathroom together in public hu? Whats up with that?LOL

beady
06-27-2008, 01:48 PM
I have very heavy eyelids and I will eventually get those nipped. I recently saw my eye doctor and he said I was borderline for what the insurance companies consider a necessary medical procedure. He expects I will "need" the surgery in a couple of years.

That will be my only nip..the rest of me is what and who I am...take it or leave it.

nONIE
06-27-2008, 01:51 PM
Beady, we will definitely take it! ;)

another Linda
06-27-2008, 02:02 PM
I'd love to have a cute little tush again, but a nip and a tuck wouldn't do it. I'd need to have the big earth movers come in! But maybe my spider veins will disappear one day with a little help.

Blondie
06-27-2008, 02:34 PM
Chels, I love what your Mom said, I will remember that.

AL, I also would love to have my fallen butt up where it belongs, but fear will stop me I am sure. My face could surely use some work, but that scares me more than my fallen butt issue. I did try Obagi, and I really think it helped the look of my skin---that is after I stopped looking like a peeling freak.

See you all in August,
scaredy cat blondie

renielarson
06-27-2008, 02:35 PM
A few years ago, I watched on television an actual face lift being performed. That's all it took for me. I'll pass. OUCH!

nONIE
06-27-2008, 02:41 PM
I saw it too Bright, Really disgusting! But we are asleep and we really dont know whats going on do we?

renielarson
06-27-2008, 03:31 PM
I know Nonie but just the thought of it makes me cringe.

beady
06-27-2008, 09:58 PM
Thanks Nonie...I is what I is. ::)

Thing is if I don't look in the mirror I am myself 10-15 years ago. My mind has not adjusted to the new older me...so when I look in the mirror it is daunting.

I saw that surgery on tv,gross. Had a friend who did the full face lift...the surgery was easy..... she was in lala land.It was the recovery that hurt.She was scary looking for a quite some time, bruised and sore. The final result was she definately looked much younger when completely healed. I am not brave enough to choose to go through that.

renielarson
06-27-2008, 10:25 PM
ME EITHER BEADY!!!!!

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh96/renielarson/36_19_21.gif

Mikitv
06-28-2008, 09:51 PM
I think I'll stay the way I am after all this time. Too many surgeries on stomach so I would need a complete tummy tuck. OUCH! To really do anything they would need to start at the bottom pull it all up and tie it off at the top of my head. LOL

njgranny
06-30-2008, 12:07 AM
I had a breast reduction 20 years ago, and it was well worth it. I, too, had shoulder and back pain and big ridges in my shoulders from the bra strap. Even after all these years, they are still pretty perky. (The only thing on my body that is, ha, ha.)

I wouldn't mind having a face lift, but I'm scared because I usually have some complication or something and the doctors say "I've never seen this happen before." My daughter recently had a nose job and a breast reduction. She had an allergic reaction in the stitches on her breasts and the doctor said "I've never seen this happen before." She told him that it runs in the family. ::)

renielarson
06-30-2008, 12:22 AM
That's what I mean...why take any risks? My goal is not to impress anyone and I feel comfortable in my skin. Although I have sags and bags...I can live with them. I am who I am...and I am happy with my au natural self.