PDA

View Full Version : I'm gonna be a Villager!

Hoosiervillager
07-11-2008, 02:59 PM
I'm so excited. I've been a lurker on these boards for a few months but never posted anything. Now we've signed a contract to buy a new villa. We'll be down for the closing on 7/30 and stay for 2-3 weeks buying furniture and settling in. I've been having so much fun shopping for linens and kitchen items. I'm not sure our car will even hold everything I've bought. My DH has reminded me several times that there are stores in Florida where I can buy everything but I just couldn't wait to get started.

I work Jan - April so we will be renting out our villa during those months but then trying to spend as much time as we can in The Villages the other months. However, there are grandsons in Chicago so I can't be in Florida for long periods of time!

I've gotten TONS of information from these boards that have helped tremendously. But I will probably have some more questions in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks to all of you for helping out the newbies here!

Carol

JohnN
07-11-2008, 03:23 PM
hey, welcome carol,
Chicago's my home town. We just bought a villa in Hemmingway, where is yours?

Hoosiervillager
07-11-2008, 03:37 PM
Ours is in Hemingway also. Greyford Lane.

graciegirl
07-11-2008, 03:46 PM
Welcome Carol.

I hope you are very happy in TV. We will be part timers too. We bought a house in Hadley in April. Can't wait to get down again for a short stay the end of this month.

Kindest wishes,

GracieGirl

JohnN
07-11-2008, 04:52 PM
I'm not sure where Greyford Lane is, maybe the Margeaux Villas?..., but then again I only know two streets LOLOLOL

We're in the Mariel Villas , on Mariel Way. Our villa backs to the Margeaux Villas on Davit Pl

Hoosiervillager
07-11-2008, 05:04 PM
Yes, its the Margaux Villas (patio villas). I think this will be perfect for us. We're ordering our golf cart today to be delivered while we are there. My DH is laughing at me because I wanted to make sure the cart coordinated with the color of the villa! Now if I could just decide on the color for the furnishings inside.

Hoosiervillager
07-11-2008, 05:06 PM
Welcome Carol.

I hope you are very happy in TV. We will be part timers too. We bought a house in Hadley in April. Can't wait to get down again for a short stay the end of this month.

Kindest wishes,

GracieGirl

Gracie,

I've been reading your posts and know that you too are obsessing about decorating. Isn't this fun?

Carol

redwitch
07-11-2008, 05:19 PM
Welcome to la-la land east. You'll have so much fun moving in, decorating, the whole 9 yards. Just be sure to make time to have TV "fun" while you're here, too. Don't be like gracie and get so caught up in decorating you won't come out play with us.

Indy-Guy
07-11-2008, 05:49 PM
Welcome to The Villages!!!!!!!!!!

We always need more of us Hoosiers here in The Villages. The Indiana club website is below and the President in from Ft. Wayne. I keep saying that I will go sometime but have lived here full time for over 18 months and haven't made it yet. So much to do can't get it all in you will find out what I mean.

http://www.indianaclubofthevillages.com/

If when you click on the site and it doesn't work do a cut and paste.

Barefoot
07-11-2008, 09:14 PM
:welcome:

It is so exciting to buy a TV house and furnish it. At the time it is so busy and stressful, but happy! When we took possession of our Courtyard Villa last fall, the first two months went by in a blur of shopping. But looking back, it was a fun time.

I'm sure you'll never regret buying a home in TV. :bigthumbsup:

efrahin
07-12-2008, 12:41 AM
Congratulations!!!, I envy you.

chelsea24
07-12-2008, 03:16 AM
:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: Carol. Right down the road from you. You're going to love it here. This area is really blossoming. Congrats. :bigthumbsup:

Rokinronda
07-12-2008, 03:47 AM
Carol, :welcome: Look forward to meeting you! ;D

REDCART
07-12-2008, 08:46 AM
Carol,

You mentioned buying stuff to bring down. In our excitement, we did it also: cutting boards, silverware. What were we thinking? With the exception of maybe lighting stores for unusual lamps (there are a few but not as many as there are in NY). there's really nothing that you can't find in or around TV. We never did drive around Orlando, but I'll bet they've got plenty of lighting stores there as well. Good luck and have fun. George

joann04
07-12-2008, 09:28 PM
Welcome to the Villages. I have lived here 4 years and love every minute of it. Just not enough hours in the day. I live on the North side of the Villages behind Nancy Lopez so if you need any info about my neck of the woods, please get in touch.

joann04@embarqmail.com

Lil Dancer
07-13-2008, 10:53 PM
Welcome Hoosiervillager!! You'll love the patio villa. We had one when we first moved here, and they're very well designed. It will be a great place for you, especially if you're maintaining two homes for awhile. Now you can't call yourself a "lurker" anymore!...Have fun...