PDA

View Full Version : Comcast Vacation Plan

Fred R
04-21-2015, 03:49 PM
Since I am new to TV and won't be back until July I did not order cable when I purchased in March. I understand that Comcast will put your services on "vacation plan" for $5.00 a month. Is this correct and does it include internet and cable? My Time Warner up here wants much more than that and only permits 2-6 months.

I will return in July and haven't decided to order services or not at that time or wait until I am there longer in October. I appreciate your assistance with this issue if you have utilized it.

phillygirl
04-21-2015, 04:30 PM
Yes they will. Have done it several times although it might be up to ten bucks fir cable internet and phone

ajbrown
04-21-2015, 04:52 PM
Nice summary here on some of the restrictions and cost. It is not $5 :ohdear:. It always aggravated me to pay someone for nothing while I was away.

Florida Convenience Plan (http://comcastflorida.com/seasonal/)

Fred R
04-22-2015, 05:56 AM
Thank you both for the information. Looks like I have to do it for a minimum of 90 days. Guess I'll call them about that. Thanks again.

crustybaker
04-22-2015, 07:41 AM
We are snowbirds and we cancel Comcast every time we leave in April. We then sign up for the specials when we return in November

ajbrown
04-22-2015, 07:59 AM
We are snowbirds and we cancel Comcast every time we leave in April. We then sign up for the specials when we return in November

:thumbup:

We did the same, we only have TV, DVR, Internet. I am not sure how phone would affect that?

When we first started 'birding, we used Xfinity vacation plan, but first we shut off all services except standard TV and then put just that on vacation.

Villageswimmer
04-22-2015, 08:35 AM
Nice summary here on some of the restrictions and cost. It is not $5 :ohdear:. It always aggravated me to pay someone for nothing while I was away.

Florida Convenience Plan (http://comcastflorida.com/seasonal/)

Thank you. This was very helpful.

billethkid
04-22-2015, 09:58 AM
But when you choose to cancel and renew, you must have to return the equipment each time, do you?

ajbrown
04-22-2015, 10:05 AM
But when you choose to cancel and renew, you must have to return the equipment each time, do you?

Yes.

johnnyb
04-22-2015, 10:26 AM
i think it needs to be for 3 months minimum