PDA

View Full Version : How to stop ball spinning on MacBook Air?

lightworker888
04-23-2015, 02:49 PM
We are having trouble with the Kindle app on the MB Air. Everytime we try the one-clicl purchase button, the multi coloured ball starts spinning and then we can't click on anything. What do others do when the ball spins? We have contacted Kindle and updated the app but it still doesn't work. The same app works on the iPad for some reason. Any ideas? Thanks.

LW888

Uptown Girl
04-23-2015, 04:39 PM
Please know I am not a computer expert.

The spinning disc happened on my MacBook Pro.

I accomplished a force quit by
Pressing: Command-Option-Esc

I then shut down the computer and rebooted.

lightworker888
04-23-2015, 05:20 PM
We have also done that, but each time we try to buy using the one click on amazon, the ball comes up spinning and the window freezes. We can't figure out why that happens and only on amazon when we try to purchase.

LW888

starflyte1
04-23-2015, 06:42 PM
did you call Apple? Or google ball or pinwheel on apple. It is a nuisance, but you can get rid of it. I'd tell you how, but it took me several tries and I don't know what worked. I think when I googled the question, several answers were given.

MikeV
04-23-2015, 08:23 PM
Have you tried pressing the home button?

lightworker888
04-23-2015, 08:34 PM
I don't know what home button you are meaning. We are talking about a Macbook, not an iPad. I guess what I really need to find out is why is the ball coming up. I know that I can get rid of it when I shut down and reboot but that doesn't tell me why I get them in the first place, and only on the amazon site when we order a Kindle book.

We are currently checking out the google answers and it seems that the program freezes but we don't know why it freezes. We have reinstalled the latest version of Kindle for Mac and it still freezes. Any other ideas are welcome.

LW888

Northerner52
04-23-2015, 09:35 PM
Do some basic Mac maintenance.

4 Simple Mac Maintenance Tips | OSXDaily (http://osxdaily.com/2012/03/04/mac-maintenance-tips/)