PDA

View Full Version : Delta Q Charger

Walter123
05-04-2015, 07:35 AM
Hi Frank,

I have a 2007 Par Car 8 battery configuration with a onboard Delta Q charger.
There are six led's that indicate the level of charge being applied to the batteries. The lowest level of charge led blinks as soon as I plug the charger in which, according to the manual indicates that the charger is overheated which it is not because I left it sit unplugged all night and it did the same thing in the morning. If I tap the charger with my finger ever so lightly the charging level led's move up and down rapidly from the highest to the lowest level and then settle down to the lowest level led again in less than 10 seconds. I don't know if something is loose, maybe a bad solder joint, or maybe even my batteries are bad, they are almost 4 1/2 old. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Frank7
05-04-2015, 07:53 AM
Before condemning the charger, the delta Q likes to operate within a good clean undisturbed circuit in order to opperate properly. 8- 4 1/2 year old batteries has 24 cell
that if not all but some cells not performing properly the charger will have a hard time completing it proper charge cycle or even getting started properly thus showing signs of internal overheating.
My first call would be the older batteries.

Walter123
05-04-2015, 08:28 AM
Thanks Frank, I'll go with the new batteries first since they are very close to the end of life.