PDA

View Full Version : My Evaluation of the Anti-theft Boot

Topspinmo
05-04-2015, 08:07 PM
Wheel Lock Clamp Boot Tire Claw SUV RV Trailer Auto Car Truck Anti Theft Towing | eBay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/271625608525?lpid=82&chn=ps)

Received the Anti-theft Trailer/cart/ motorcycle ect... Denver boot knock off.

The thing looks good when locked in place. That's it for the good.

First: Once separated and positioned around the tire the key lock takes several pushes to get it to lock and sometimes if I juggle it pops out in the unlocked position.
So had to make sure I found pin hole and pushed it all the way in for it to lock good.
Installing takes few seconds if you align up the lock and get it to push all the way in.

Second: Easier on the Front tire than the back cause of the cart fender covering most of the tire up have to bend way down or get on my old knees! NOT GOOD for my knees:shocked:.

As far as removal easier than installing it

Question how long the lock will work? Does unlock easily

"Red" maybe right? see what my wife thinks when she get back in town....

5 stars out of 10. Glad I didn't spend too much on this.

redwitch
05-04-2015, 10:12 PM
If I end up being right, do I get to do an I told you so? ;-)

john1953
05-05-2015, 05:53 AM
And I see the price has jumped up 3 bucks.Might have to rethink buying it.Thanks for the review.

Villager Joyce
05-05-2015, 09:02 AM
ThanK you for your review. I was concerned it would be more work than I might do on any given day. After all when you are out and about, you are cleaned up in your best Villages attire. That being said, I hope I don't hit myself in the forehead one day and think I would still have my golf cart were it not for my laziness or unwillingness. I just know me.

justjim
05-05-2015, 10:16 AM
My philosophy---buy insurance and don't keep anything really valuable in something that could be stolen. Be happy---don't worry!

Topspinmo
05-05-2015, 10:39 AM
If I end up being right, do I get to do an I told you so? ;-)

From me! Never:bigbow::bigbow:

Topspinmo
05-05-2015, 10:43 AM
ThanK you for your review. I was concerned it would be more work than I might do on any given day. After all when you are out and about, you are cleaned up in your best Villages attire. That being said, I hope I don't hit myself in the forehead one day and think I would still have my golf cart were it not for my laziness or unwillingness. I just know me.

Front tire a lot easier than the rear. You don't have to bend down too far due to the tire more accessible.

Topspinmo
05-05-2015, 10:46 AM
And I see the price has jumped up 3 bucks.Might have to rethink buying it.Thanks for the review.

Several different sellers on eBay. Got to shop for the cheapest. I Found one with free shipping. I just picked that one for the picture cause it was one of the first ones that popped up.

Rango
05-08-2015, 09:43 AM
What happens to the cart when you forget to remove boot and try to drive away?

dbussone
05-08-2015, 06:40 PM

It kicks your cart in the boot. (pretend I'm from the UK and let your imagination go)

Topspinmo
05-10-2015, 08:34 AM

That could be ugly real quick? Reverse probably will notice the noise with it dragging depending on how tight you locked it on? The valve stem could catch it as it comes around and lift it into the fender or roll under the tire? But forward could catch on the road surface and Bang the fender. I would think most would put it on the front tire due to easy access?

Fiberglass fender would be the part that got kicked in the boot! Something you would have to be aware of when you installed it. I bet real noise maker it someone tried to drive off with it installed?

tomwed
05-10-2015, 09:20 AM
Did someone think this was a good idea for golf carts? or for RV's and boats on a trailer being stored someplace?

Topspinmo
05-13-2015, 06:27 PM
Goggle anti-theft devices, you will see slew of products. Pick your poison!