PDA

View Full Version : Nail Salon??

Donna
07-24-2008, 01:28 PM
Could any one recommend a good nail salon?? I need fills desperately! :yikes:

gingersmom
07-24-2008, 01:39 PM
I go to Viva Nails in Spanish Springs next to Too Jays. A lot of my friends go to the Beauty School across the street from Walmart.

renielarson
07-24-2008, 02:26 PM
Donna,

After looking for 2 summers and trying many different places I found Hair and Nails on 301 in Wildwood. The owner, Annette, does my nails and charges $25 for a fill. I couldn't be happier! Be sure to ask for Annette...you'll love her!

They also offer facials, tanning, and massages. Allison gives the best massage...in fact, I'm returning a 2nd time this Tuesday to see her again!

Donna
07-24-2008, 02:56 PM
Bright..I only have a golf cart here, so cannot get there..:(

What about the nail salo near Crispers????

KathieI
07-24-2008, 05:21 PM
Donna, can you get to the Walmart by cart?

Knowing you, you'll get lost for sure, probably in Lynnhaven...hahaha...

Anyway the nail salon next to Delites ice cream is really good. I don't get fills but have had manicures and pedicures there and its very nice. I think Bare goes there as well, that's who recommended it to me.

Try them, you'll like them, and then you can go to Delites for a cone...

Miss you so much... Jeet??? Kath

Rokinronda
07-24-2008, 06:57 PM
:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( KATHI!!!!!!! JEET??!! http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l23/dazzlejunction/greetings/miss-you/miss-you_3a.gif (http://www.dazzlejunction.com/)

KathieI
07-24-2008, 07:24 PM
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l23/dazzlejunction/greetings/miss-you/miss-you_3a.gif (http://www.dazzlejunction.com/)

Missing you too, my friend. :'( :'(

God willing, I'll be back soon!!

SteveFromNY
07-24-2008, 09:17 PM
Donna, MrsSteveFromNY went yesterday to a place by the Big City Grill across from Walmart. $35 for both a manicure and pedicure. She was satisfied. It's called Hollywood Salon or Nails. It's golf cart accesable.

Cassie325
07-24-2008, 09:23 PM
Just today when we were coming out of Walmart...I said I needed to get on TOTV to find out where the girls get their FILLS!! You girls must be mind readers!

I had mine done just before we left but I know I will need them done soon!

I have been before to the place next to Too Jays and while they were very nice and accomodating....my nails lifted within 5 days!! I will try the place near walmart next...and will report back although this might be a few weeks...as I will be due in 1 1/2 wks...then will give time to see if they lift!

thanks for reading my mind!! I knew I would find my answer here....just didn't think it would be here waiting for me!!! :#1:

Donna
07-25-2008, 12:07 AM
Thanks guys,

I did go to Hollywood Nails, they did a very nice job...I liked the people very much..A guy named Donnie did my nails, very good...

Thank God, I found a place! lol :bigthumbsup:

renielarson
07-25-2008, 12:19 AM
Let me repeat again...

For those of you who have a car....I recommend Hair and Nails Salon on 301 in Wildwood. I can't say enough about the owner, Annette, who does nails expertly. Allison is an A1 masseuse and the prices are very reasonable.

Try it sometime...you will like it there.

Donna
07-25-2008, 12:21 AM
Bright..

One day, I will trythem too...Next time, I will have my updated license, so will also have a car!! :bigthumbsup:

renielarson
07-25-2008, 12:25 AM
Donna...you let your license expire? :dontknow:

Donna
07-25-2008, 12:27 AM
Yes I did Bright, and never knew it till, I got to the airport...What a suprise!!!

renielarson
07-25-2008, 12:31 AM
I shouldn't be laughing...slap me! LOL

Donna
07-25-2008, 01:11 AM
Bright>>>>>>>>>>http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/kickedoutsmile.gif (http://www.millan.net)

Sorry Topicop.. :cop:

SteveFromNY
07-25-2008, 02:45 AM
Thanks guys,

I did go to Hollywood Nails, they did a very nice job...I liked the people very much..A guy named Donnie did my nails, very good...

Thank God, I found a place! lol :bigthumbsup:

Donna, MrsSteveFromNY (aka The Real Julia) says she's glad you liked the place!

KathieI
07-25-2008, 03:10 AM

Donna, isn't Donnie cute too, he's a devil. Glad you liked them.

Mariab, we are mind readers, you know... except Donna, she forget to renew her license, shame shame!!

chelsea24
07-25-2008, 05:59 AM
I love Hollywood Nails! The best! :#1:

Cassie325
07-25-2008, 08:20 PM
Perhaps we can all read each others minds...just not our own....so we forget things like renewing licenses etc.....but really who needs it when you can drive your golf cart most places....except to go to the Hair and Nails place in Wildwood....for that alone we should have our lisences renewed...for the sake of beauty!

billethkid
08-11-2008, 12:10 PM
Have you checked out Tuscany Day Spa & Salon in Sumter Square?

They have quite a popular following there for nail work.

BTK

chelsea24
08-11-2008, 02:18 PM
Tuscany is wonderful, but very expensive. Great to treat yourself to a day there though! :bigthumbsup:

pili
08-20-2008, 04:02 PM
We moved here four weeks ago and I also needed a fill. I went to Hollywood Nails (or something with Hollywood in name) on 466 (Wall Mart shopping center). The salon is next to Starbucks. I had a fill two weeks ago and was very satisfied. They charge $16 for fill and $25 for pedicure. I will continue to use them.

Pili :)

Cassie325
08-20-2008, 04:31 PM
Ironically I also went there...about a weeks ago. My nails are all starting to break and peel. I had a pedicure...as I always do and even my toe nails are breaking. I have been doing this for years and have never experienced this so badly....I am on the hunt again!!!

renielarson
08-20-2008, 04:36 PM
mariab

Try The Hair and Nail Salon in Wildwood and request the owner, Annette. She did a better job with my nails than my tech back here in Michigan has ever done! I think you'll be happy.

Cassie325
08-20-2008, 04:39 PM
I know...you told me before...but I had to apparently learn my lesson the hard way.

pili
08-21-2008, 05:27 PM
Um...that's interesting. I had my nails done two weeks (Hollywood) ago and they look great. No lifting, peeling, or breaking. I plan to go back for fill next week.

Pili

Cassie325
08-21-2008, 11:07 PM
So I went to Viva nails in TV at SS....today....hopefully they turn out well...so far so good but it has only been 5 hours..... ;)

I will keep you posted!

renielarson
08-21-2008, 11:21 PM
mariab

I went to Viva nails once at the beginning of this summer. The tech talked me into French Tips and by the next day one nail had chipped. By the second day, another nail broke. The third day, another broke.

I don't understand why you won't try the Wildwood salon I recommend. Maybe it's best because I would hate to find Annette so booked that I couldn't get in next time I'm in Florida. Perhaps she is the best kept secret and I should keep my mouth shut.

Cassie325
08-21-2008, 11:27 PM
BECAUSE SHE WAS BOOKED!! and I was so frustrated about my nails I was almost crying...I am such a princess....but I had to do something....I PROMISE I have an appt with Annette in 2 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :redface: :redface: :redface: :redface: :redface:

I promise I listened....I promise!!!! Just needed to do something as I couldn't stand it anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

bobbcatt
08-27-2008, 10:29 PM
Jennie at Hollywood Nails in the Buffalo Ridge Plaza on 466 by Starbucks (in front of WalMart) is excellent. Kim (the owner) is also very good. Monday to Saturday 9 AM to 7 Pm 352-753-4134. Hope you like them if you try them.