PDA

View Full Version : American Idol heading to last Season 15th 2016

Taltarzac725
05-11-2015, 01:00 PM
I have not watched this in a few years as you can probably tell. I used to post polls on who was going to make it through each round. These were probably from 2007-2010 or so.

AI has brought a lot of incredible talent to prosperity. They probably would have made it anyway but this show gave them a platform to really market their talents very quickly and pervasively throughout US society.

jnieman
05-11-2015, 01:48 PM
I have not watched this in a few years as you can probably tell. I used to post polls on who was going to make it through each round. These were probably from 2007-2010 or so.

AI has brought a lot of incredible talent to prosperity. They probably would have made it anyway but this show gave them a platform to really market their talents very quickly and pervasively throughout US society.

I agree. Some of my favorites are Scotty McCreary and Kelly Clarkston... but....
I have been an avid follower and watcher of American Idol for the entire time it has been on and have loved it every minute of until this year. I don't really care to watch it because they don't let the artists be themselves. It was the original performances we fell in love with. They make them perform songs from so many different types of music that rarely do we ever see them perform songs that were what they would perform if they made a real album. Very disappointing. Many of them have lost their way. The Voice is so much better this year than Idol as they are not so restrictive. I will not miss Idol at all.

Villager Joyce
05-11-2015, 03:34 PM
Who would have bet the first season that American Idol would have made it this long? Same question about Survivor?

Taltarzac725
05-11-2015, 03:55 PM
Who would have bet the first season that American Idol would have made it this long? Same question about Survivor?

I lost interest in Survivor a long time ago. Too many gimmicks and false drama. It turned into a soap opera masquerading as a reality show.

dbussone
05-11-2015, 03:58 PM
Should they bring back that rude Brit guy for the last season?

jnieman
05-11-2015, 04:27 PM
Should they bring back that rude Brit guy for the last season?

You must be talking about Simon? Simon could be rude but he was a taste of reality for the contestants. I feel they are way too gushy for some of the contestants and don't give them honest feedback. Especially this year. If one judge says it's good then they all agree. Simon would never do that.

dbussone
05-11-2015, 06:10 PM
You must be talking about Simon? Simon could be rude but he was a taste of reality for the contestants. I feel they are way too gushy for some of the contestants and don't give them honest feedback. Especially this year. If one judge says it's good then they all agree. Simon would never do that.

I like Simon. I think he is rude at times, but his comments are generally right on. I'd like to see him back for the last season. What about you?

missypie
05-11-2015, 07:09 PM
It's just time to move on.

dbussone
05-11-2015, 07:17 PM
It's just time to move on.

Ok, but at the end of next season ( and I haven't watched the last 10).