PDA

View Full Version : NFL Suspended Brady four games

justjim
05-11-2015, 05:28 PM
The NFL suspended Tom Brady for the first four games for his role in a scheme to deflate footballs used in the AFC title game. They also fined the Patriots one million dollars. The two equipment staffers were suspended indefinitely. :boom:

dbussone
05-11-2015, 06:01 PM
The NFL suspended Tom Brady for the first four games for his role in a scheme to deflate footballs used in the AFC title game. They also fined the Patriots one million dollars. The two equipment staffers were suspended indefinitely. :boom:

Brady will appeal and his suspension will be overturned. Can you imagine a criminal justice system run by Goodall and Wells? we suspect you so you will be sent to prison for 4 years. What a load of balogna!

rustyp
05-11-2015, 06:40 PM
where is my rosary?

ajbrown
05-11-2015, 07:10 PM
I know one household quietly sipping champagne tonight...a family named Garoppolo

Poor kid, thrown into NFL football under such evil people as Brady and Belicheck for tutelage. I hope he can manage :1rotfl:

Thinking about it, Brady is getting older, this may be a good thing. Start the season 2-2 or 3-1 and he gets some rest

KayakerNC
05-11-2015, 07:17 PM
Knock out your girl friend....2 game suspension.:boxing2:
Use a deflated ball........4 game suspension.
Nice priorities NFL.

DonH57
05-11-2015, 09:04 PM
Knock out your girl friend....2 game suspension.:boxing2:
Use a deflated ball........4 game suspension.
Nice priorities NFL.

Yeah. It went something like that but today we witnessed Roger's idea of integrity of the game. By his standards he displayed today Tom would have been better off clocking Gisele. How does Roger remain the NFl's commissioner? Seriously. " Tom. We can't prove you had anything to do with tampering with the balls but it was likely so you are suspended.Guess we need to retrain our referees on protocol". :ohdear:

DeanFL
05-11-2015, 09:35 PM
WAY over the top by Goodell. HE should be investigated.

Also to eliminate any of this blabber in the future the NFL SHOULD maintain 13 lbs (period) in each football and keep the number required for the game in the Refs locked stadium room. Officials bring the balls out and maintain control thruout all games. Is there any other major sport that allows each team to prep balls, scuff up etc before games to their liking as with the NFL? Make a what's fair is fair - ALL Qbacks use the same prepped ball at the same pressure, period - if the NFL is going to be so by-the-book, act that way in their responsibility too.

Greg Nelson
05-12-2015, 05:40 AM
Part is due to the Pats past behavior ....

tuccillo
05-12-2015, 06:37 AM
Part is due to the Pats past behavior ....

I suspect a lot of this is also about Goodell trying to repair his reputation after last year, when he clearly dropped the ball and came off as incompetent. I think there is an even chance that the four games suspension will be reduced on appeal to one game and both sides will declare victory.

KayakerNC
05-12-2015, 07:31 AM
I suspect a lot of this is also about Goodell trying to repair his reputation after last year, when he clearly dropped the ball and came off as incompetent. I think there is an even chance that the four games suspension will be reduced on appeal to one game and both sides will declare victory.

Since game 4 is against the Cowboys, does anyone think the NFL will allow that kind of hit to their wallet?
Prediction: The 4 game suspension will NOT survive an appeal.

tuccillo
05-12-2015, 07:42 AM
Since game 4 is against the Cowboys, does anyone think the NFL will allow that kind of hit to their wallet?
Prediction: The 4 game suspension will NOT survive an appeal.

I doubt the entire 4 game suspension will be thrown out. This would make Goodell look weak. The 4 games suspension is the opening salvo in a negotiation. I don't believe Goodell would have put forth a penalty that he thought would get entirely thrown out. Look for 1 or possibly 2 games.

Taltarzac725
05-12-2015, 07:47 AM
Brady has three days to file his appeal | ProFootballTalk (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/11/brady-has-three-days-to-file-his-appeal/)

Who hears the appeal? Looks like it is the NFL Commissioner or an agent of his.

It may go to some other kind of court if Brady is so inclined.

DeanFL
05-12-2015, 07:50 AM
I doubt the entire 4 game suspension will be thrown out. This would make Goodell look weak. The 4 games suspension is the opening salvo in a negotiation. I don't believe Goodell would have put forth a penalty that he thought would get entirely thrown out. Look for 1 or possibly 2 games.

Agree with you on this. Bet after a successful appeal, it will come down to 1 game.

But - as many know if they follow the game and Brady. Watch out 2016 season foes. This matter will motivate him and the team to no end.

It will inflate their performance to go all the way again. It will pump them up to go to the Super Bowl. It will infuse fresh air into their outlook for the season. It will make their opponents go soft. It will harden their defense. And of course, in the Super Bowl, their non-stop offense will deflate their rivals.

redwitch
05-12-2015, 09:17 AM
The only purpose for a four game suspension has to be so Brady wins on appeal and Goodall can claim he tried. Anything else is just plain stupid. As usual, the only losers will be the fans -- nothing resolved, nothing gained, just another black mark against professional sports and football. And, as usual, Pats fans have an out to defend their team and Pats detractors have another thing to add to the list of basically minor infractions (and, yes, I still hate the Pats).

DonH57
05-12-2015, 09:24 AM
Despite what happens and reading the comments from haters I believe many are under the delusion the Pats won't do well. Tom may not be on the field but he'll be a headset. Garrapolo's no slouch. I'm really anxious to see what it does to the NFL's wallet. I think it's the beginning of Roger going bye bye.

chuckinca
05-12-2015, 09:38 AM
4th game of the season is against Dallas.

Pats QB Garoppolo is a Eastern Illinois U. Alum; Cowboys QB Tony Romo is also from Eastern Illinois U. Way to go Panthers!

ajbrown
05-12-2015, 09:44 AM
The only purpose for a four game suspension has to be so Brady wins on appeal and Goodall can claim he tried. Anything else is just plain stupid. As usual, the only losers will be the fans -- nothing resolved, nothing gained, just another black mark against professional sports and football. And, as usual, Pats fans have an out to defend their team and Pats detractors have another thing to add to the list of basically minor infractions (and, yes, I still hate the Pats).

I never have an issue with how YOU express your 'hatred'. It is thought out and without malice. I hate to admit it, but I likely was at the stadium for that infamous field goal plow job. I may have even cheered, I was young and the Pats really stunk for a long time, please forgive me :pray:

2BNTV
05-12-2015, 09:47 AM
Tom Brady will appeal through the players union and probably win, so I expect maybe a 2 game suspension. Pats will make the playoff's again.

I thought the fines and removal of the draft picks was over the top.

Fine to Robert Kraft was excessive and he will not be happy with Roger Goodell.

My prediction is Robert Kraft will drop Roger Goodell from his Xmas card list and no party invitations will be extended to Roger, at Kraft's house especially at Christmas. :smiley:

kittygilchrist
05-12-2015, 10:01 AM
I never have an issue with how YOU express your 'hatred'. It is thought out and without malice. I hate to admit it, but I likely was at the stadium for that infamous field goal plow job. I may have even cheered, I was young and the Pats really stunk for a long time, please forgive me :pray:

AJ, i keep loving what you say...something honest about you. Clear and human, and forgiving us all for what we are.

DonH57
05-12-2015, 10:15 AM
Tom Brady will appeal through the players union and probably win, so I expect maybe a 2 game suspension. Pats will make the playoff's again.

I thought the fines and removal of the draft picks was over the top.

Fine to Robert Kraft was excessive and he will not be happy with Roger Goodell.

My prediction is Robert Kraft will drop Roger Goodell from his Xmas card list and no party invitations will be extended to Roger, at Kraft's house especially at Christmas. :smiley:

Yep. No more christmas cards or party invites from Bob.:a20:

Dr Winston O Boogie jr
05-12-2015, 10:43 AM
Brady has three days to file his appeal | ProFootballTalk (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/11/brady-has-three-days-to-file-his-appeal/)

Who hears the appeal? Looks like it is the NFL Commissioner or an agent of his.

It may go to some other kind of court if Brady is so inclined.

An independent arbitrator hears the appeal.

I am wondering if the entire penalty to the team will be overturned or just Brady's suspension.

Dr Winston O Boogie jr
05-12-2015, 10:47 AM

I admit freely that I cheered for the field goal plow job. Shuler brought it to the NFL rules committee and it was found that no rule was violated. They may have changed the rule after the fact, but it wasn't against the rules at the time.

It's one thing to talk about the alleged rules violations but why do people bring up something that was not in violation of the rules and happened a long time ago under a different coach, different management and different ownership.

I wonder if any of the other great dynasties in American sports had so many people hating them to this degree?

Bosoxfan
05-12-2015, 12:40 PM
Patriots fans incensed with Tom Brady’s four-game suspension for his role in ‪#‎Deflategate‬ have taken to social media to express their disapproval, going so far as to suggest the Patriots not hang their banner for winning Super Bowl XLIX on Opening Night, but rather wait until No. 12’s first game back before raising it. Are you on board with ‪#‎NoBradyNoBanner‬

ajbrown
05-12-2015, 12:59 PM
I admit freely that I cheered for the field goal plow job. Shuler brought it to the NFL rules committee and it was found that no rule was violated. They may have changed the rule after the fact, but it wasn't against the rules at the time.

It's one thing to talk about the alleged rules violations but why do people bring up something that was not in violation of the rules and happened a long time ago under a different coach, different management and different ownership.

I wonder if any of the other great dynasties in American sports had so many people hating them to this degree?

Why did I bring the snowplow game up? I felt Redwitch _might_ get a chuckle out of my comments.

A forgotten thing about the end of that game is Shula refused an offer to use the snow plow believing he would win his protests. Here is an article written in part by one of my all time favorite Patriots:

Patriots Hall Of Famer John Hannah: Why The 'Snowplow Game' Is Misunderstood | ThePostGame (http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/throwback/201312/john-hannah-new-england-patriots-offensive-conduct-dolphins-snow-plow-nfl)

From the article:
The Dolphins played like their hair was on fire. In the remaining few minutes, pure adrenaline pushed them within field goal range for the tie attempt. In all fairness the Dolphins were also offered the use of the snowplow by the head referee to clear the field for their kick, but with complete indignation and certainty the game would be nullified for the unfair use of it by the Patriots, Coach Shula adamantly refused to stoop to such tactics and chose to kick as the field lay.

redwitch
05-12-2015, 01:40 PM
AJ, You're right, I cracked up when I saw your comment. And legality was irrelevant. It showed how little class the Pats had back then. Sadly, the classlessness never seems to cease for this team. Of course, today that classlessness seems to be true for every team. Thugs on and off the field. The willingness to sign felons, alleged felons and potential felons. Since everyone else does it, it makes it okay for us to bend the rules. I really want football to go back to being a sport, with owners and coaches caring about the game, as much as the bottom line. Until then, I'll whimper and whine, watch a tenth of the games I used to watch and care very little who wins or loses. Strangely, I still love the game and probably always will.

justjim
05-12-2015, 01:47 PM

Also to eliminate any of this blabber in the future the NFL SHOULD maintain 13 lbs (period) in each football and keep the number required for the game in the Refs locked stadium room. Officials bring the balls out and maintain control thruout all games. Is there any other major sport that allows each team to prep balls, scuff up etc before games to their liking as with the NFL? Make a what's fair is fair - ALL Qbacks use the same prepped ball at the same pressure, period - if the NFL is going to be so by-the-book, act that way in their responsibility too.

Dean, I agree with you, the officials should be in control of the balls from start to finish. To be fair I'm not a big Pats fan but I think the NFL is "over the top" on this one. Give me a break---look what the Patriots did in the Super Bowl---with a so called "inflated ball".

Dr Winston O Boogie jr
05-12-2015, 03:53 PM
AJ, You're right, I cracked up when I saw your comment. And legality was irrelevant. It showed how little class the Pats had back then. Sadly, the classlessness never seems to cease for this team. Of course, today that classlessness seems to be true for every team. Thugs on and off the field. The willingness to sign felons, alleged felons and potential felons. Since everyone else does it, it makes it okay for us to bend the rules. I really want football to go back to being a sport, with owners and coaches caring about the game, as much as the bottom line. Until then, I'll whimper and whine, watch a tenth of the games I used to watch and care very little who wins or loses. Strangely, I still love the game and probably always will.

Classless for being able to outsmart the other team within the rules? Wow!

I'm not sure that they game has changed all that much. There have been felons, alleged felons and potential felon playing this game from day one. The only difference now is that with 24/7 news reporting and the internet we know every little detail of everyone's lives.

If you've ben watching for that long, you must remember when it was common and legal for the defense line to grab opponents face masks. It wasn't against the rules but it caused numerous serious injuries.

How about before they banned stickum. Every great receiver prior to the ban was covered in the stuff. Was that also classless?

If you think that this game was played by a bunch of choir boys back in the 40s and 50s, you are sadly mistaken.

If anything, most of todays players are more educated and classier then the thugs that played back then. The difference like I said is that the press had important things to report on and didn't bother with the private lives of athletes.

Dr Winston O Boogie jr
05-12-2015, 04:01 PM
Dean, I agree with you, the officials should be in control of the balls from start to finish. To be fair I'm not a big Pats fan but I think the NFL is "over the top" on this one. Give me a break---look what the Patriots did in the Super Bowl---with a so called "inflated ball".

Not a problem as long as the teams are allowed to witness the inflation process. Like I said, in the Patriots Jets game last year, the Patriots balls were at 16 pounds. That's what started this whole mess.

Some one needs to witness what the refs are doing to the balls and there needs to be appeal process. Maybe an independent ball company should provide all the balls.

Dr Winston O Boogie jr
05-12-2015, 04:06 PM
Patriots fans incensed with Tom Brady’s four-game suspension for his role in ‪#‎Deflategate‬ have taken to social media to express their disapproval, going so far as to suggest the Patriots not hang their banner for winning Super Bowl XLIX on Opening Night, but rather wait until No. 12’s first game back before raising it. Are you on board with ‪#‎NoBradyNoBanner‬

first of all, I don't think that's going to be necessary. This ruling is so over the top that it's going to be overturned easily.

If not then I don't think that this move would go far enough. I don't think that the NFL could really care about whether or not a team has a championship celebration or when they have it.

I'd say if by some bizarre chance this suspension holds up, the Patriots don't take the field for any games next year. Dress and show up for every game and stand on the sidelines until the referees call a forfeit. See how the NFL likes losing all that television revenue.

DonH57
05-12-2015, 04:09 PM
Not a problem as long as the teams are allowed to witness the inflation process. Like I said, in the Patriots Jets game last year, the Patriots balls were at 16 pounds. That's what started this whole mess.

Some one needs to witness what the refs are doing to the balls and there needs to be appeal process. Maybe an independent ball company should provide all the balls.

Why would someone pump the footballs to 16. Were they trying to dribble the ball.? Isn't the minimim 12.5. ? Talk about tampering with the balls.

janmcn
05-12-2015, 04:11 PM
Deflate-Gate Investigator Says Review Was 'Fair and Reasonable' - NBC News (http://www.nbcnews.com/news/sports/deflate-gate-investigator-says-review-was-fair-reasonable-n357786)

Ted Wells said today on a conference call that he was paid "millions of dollars" for the work he did in this investigation. His report showed that the Patriots probably deflated the footballs and Tom Brady probably knew about it.

Wells went on to add that Tom Brady cooperated fully with the investigation and answered every question. But he criticized the Pats for not allowing him to question one of the ball boys a second time.

Dr Winston O Boogie jr
05-12-2015, 04:24 PM
Deflate-Gate Investigator Says Review Was 'Fair and Reasonable' - NBC News (http://www.nbcnews.com/news/sports/deflate-gate-investigator-says-review-was-fair-reasonable-n357786)

Ted Wells said today on a conference call that he was paid "millions of dollars" for the work he did in this investigation. His report showed that the Patriots probably deflated the footballs and Tom Brady probably knew about it.

Wells went on to add that Tom Brady cooperated fully with the investigation and answered every question. But he criticized the Pats for not allowing him to question one of the ball boys a second time.

Wow!!! I'm surprised that the networks didn't break into regular programing with this kind of blockbuster news. The guy who did the investigation and wrote the report says that the report was right. This will be all over the front pages tomorrow.

Dr Winston O Boogie jr
05-12-2015, 04:36 PM
By the way, here's a little synopsis from page 228 of Mr Wells' report.

In sum, the data did not provide a basis for us to determine with absolute certainty whether there was or was not tampering as the analysis of such data ultimately is dependent upon assumptions and information that is not certain.

ajbrown
05-12-2015, 04:54 PM
By the way, here's a little synopsis from page 228 of Mr Wells' report.

There are alot of laugh out loud parts of that report. That is another good example.

I bet Wells and his team could solve the trees cut down at Lake Miona?

In fact, for alot less money, we could do the report based on existing threads on TOTV.

It is more probable than not that the residents with a view to Lake Miona .... (you get the idea).

dbussone
05-12-2015, 06:45 PM
There are alot of laugh out loud parts of that report. That is another good example.

I bet Wells and his team could solve the trees cut down at Lake Miona?

In fact, for alot less money, we could do the report based on existing threads on TOTV.

It is more probable than not that the residents with a view to Lake Miona .... (you get the idea).

Well, heck. They even use the same language as Wells. Did he write the Lake Miona report too?

DonH57
05-12-2015, 09:18 PM
Well, heck. They even use the same language as Wells. Did he write the Lake Miona report too?

He very may well have. " Trees were cut down by someone but we don't know by whom. People live nearby but no body knows or seen who did it so I suspect the near by people who live here had something to do with it so they did it. I think.:loco:

dbussone
05-13-2015, 06:50 AM
He very may well have. " Trees were cut down by someone but we don't know by whom. People live nearby but no body knows or seen who did it so I suspect the near by people who live here had something to do with it so they did it. I think.:loco:

I believe you are correct.

Bosoxfan
05-13-2015, 07:10 AM
Quarterback A, let’s call him Aaron, admits he likes footballs that have more air pressure in them than the NFL allows and defies the officials to do anything about it. This story is repeated by a network’s No. 1 broadcast team as a funny little anecdote in the middle of a Patriots game, but no one can remember hearing it because it just wasn’t that important. Aaron remains an adored media darling and his coach and team are revered throughout the land.
Quarterback B, let’s say his name is Brad, confesses he shelled out $7,500 in bribes to doctor up the 100 footballs he used when he won a Super Bowl. The universe shrugs and the coach he won it with is the toast of the football broadcasting world.
Quarterback E, Eli, if you will, has equipment guys scour, scrub, soak, season, fold, spindle, mutilate and guard his ‘hand made’ footballs with their lives. He and his coach are the heroes of a nation for the two times they vanquished the evil menace known as the Patriots.
Quarterback P, Peyton, with the management team and Coach Fox committed 3 NFL rule violations: Denver team and coach fined almost 2 million for taping the 49ers' at Wembley Stadium 2010 and violating the NFL Salary Cap rule 2 times
Quarterback T, Tom, may or may not have started the AFC championship game with non-conforming footballs, but once they were removed from the game he went 12-for-14 for 155 yards, two touchdowns and 28 points in a half without them. For that, he and his coach are the cheatingest Cheatriots that ever cheated and there’s talk they should be killed with fire, their fields salted and their families banished from the land. The other Quarterback in that game, Andrew, also used deflated balls. No one seems to care.
Is it unfair? Is there a double or quadruple standard at work here? Absolutely. But like I said before, I’m over wanting the world to like the Patriots. Embrace the hate. Brady will win more games, more playoff games, throw more postseason touchdowns and hades-willing winning more Super Bowls than anyone else. When anyone accuses the Patriots of anything, it’s a scandal. When the rest of the world does it, there’s nothing to see here

NotFromAroundHere
05-13-2015, 08:23 AM
Quarterback E, Eli, if you will, has equipment guys scour, scrub, soak, season, fold, spindle, mutilate and guard his ‘hand made’ footballs with their lives. He and his coach are the heroes of a nation for the two times they vanquished the evil menace known as the Patriots.
Quarterback P, Peyton, with the management team and Coach Fox committed 3 NFL rule violations: Denver team and coach fined almost 2 million for taping the 49ers' at Wembley Stadium 2010 and violating the NFL Salary Cap rule 2 times

Nicely tortured analogy.

Scouring, scrubbing, soaking, seasoning, and guarding are not prohibited. As long as the balls are properly inflated.

Quarterback P probably didn't have anything to do with Denver's movie making forays two years prior to his affiliation with the team. It is more likely than not that he has a general knowledge of the team's salary cap, but I doubt he has much say anyone's contract but his own.

Dr Winston O Boogie jr
05-13-2015, 08:38 AM
Nicely tortured analogy.

Scouring, scrubbing, soaking, seasoning, and guarding are not prohibited. As long as the balls are properly inflated.

Quarterback P probably didn't have anything to do with Denver's movie making forays two years prior to his affiliation with the team. It is more likely than not that he has a general knowledge of the team's salary cap, but I doubt he has much say anyone's contract but his own.

OK, what are you're answers for the rest of them?

And how do you respond to the fact that in the Jets earlier in the season the Patriots balls were inflated to 16 pounds by the referees?
I don't hear anyone calling for suspension and fines for the officials who allowed a game to be played with illegally inflated balls.

This whole thing is nothing more than Goodell trying to somehow salvage his reputation. When this is all over turned, he'll be able to say, "Well, I tried". I'm a tough guy.

TheVillageChicken
05-13-2015, 09:37 AM
Well, we have lots of opinions from we observers from afar. How about the opinion of the fellow who snapped the ball to Brady thousands of times?

Ex-Patriot Damien Woody: I believe Tom Brady cheated | ProFootballTalk (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/08/ex-patriot-damien-woody-i-believe-tom-brady-cheated/)

rustyp
05-13-2015, 09:43 AM
Many a bank robber didn't get caught. Should society let the next thief off the hook? You got to start cleaning up the act somewhere. Might as well use your flagship moment to get everyone's attention.

dbussone
05-13-2015, 12:57 PM
Many a bank robber didn't get caught. Should society let the next thief off the hook? You got to start cleaning up the act somewhere. Might as well use your flagship moment to get everyone's attention.

Deflating a football to robbing a bank? Why not just give him the chair.

rustyp
05-13-2015, 05:23 PM
Deflating a football to robbing a bank? Why not just give him the chair.

Why not - cheating is OK as long as someone else is doing it too? If that's the case Bernie Madoff got a bad deal.

dbussone
05-13-2015, 05:40 PM
Why not - cheating is OK as long as someone else is doing it too? If that's the case Bernie Madoff got a bad deal.

Now that's funny. Thanks for the laugh.

rustyp
05-13-2015, 05:48 PM
Now that's funny. Thanks for the laugh.

Your welcome. Best of luck fishing to you.

dbussone
05-13-2015, 05:50 PM
And may you catch a world record bass!

rustyp
05-13-2015, 05:54 PM
And may you catch a world record bass!

I only fish for bottom feeders. I've caught a few records there.

John_W
05-13-2015, 10:11 PM
How many days are you guys going to be boohooing? I'm sure all you Pats fans were up in arms when the Saints had their head coach and defensive coordinator suspended for an entire season. Allstar linebacker Jonathan Vilma suspended for the season, three other starters suspended for parts of the year, the general manager for eight games. Real shame, and they still haven't recovered, but that's another team. They probably deserved it, they bent the rules.

http://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com/stltoday.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/e/49/e49a3a82-737c-11e1-9ef6-0019bb30f31a/4f6a132609cdb.preview-300.jpg

dbussone
05-14-2015, 05:39 AM
How many days are you guys going to be boohooing? I'm sure all you Pats fans were up in arms when the Saints had their head coach and defensive coordinator suspended for an entire season. Allstar linebacker Jonathan Vilma suspended for the season, three other starters suspended for parts of the year, the general manager for eight games. Real shame, and they still haven't recovered, but that's another team. They probably deserved it, they bent the rules.

http://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com/stltoday.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/e/49/e49a3a82-737c-11e1-9ef6-0019bb30f31a/4f6a132609cdb.preview-300.jpg

Who? What? Go Pats.

graciegirl
05-14-2015, 06:44 AM
After reading all of these posts I have surmised that some of you are really narrow minded and stubborn and stupidly loyal to your team. You cannot see any negatives, stand by them even though they clearly need to change a few things.

Kinda like I feel about The Villages. ;)

dbussone
05-14-2015, 06:46 AM
After reading all of these posts I have surmised that some of you are really narrow minded and stubborn and stupidly loyal to your team. You cannot see any negatives, stand by them even though they clearly need to change a few things.

Kinda like I feel about The Villages. ;)

Amen.

CFrance
05-14-2015, 06:59 AM
Here is an interesting article to chew on. It is the investigator defending his decisions. Investigator defends findings in Patriots deflate case | Pittsburgh Post-Gazette (http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/2015/05/13/Investigator-defends-findings-in-Patriots-deflate-case/stories/201505130156)

I have been purposely staying out of this because many Pats fans on this forum are people I greatly respect and some I flat out admire, and the Steelers are no angels (although they haven't been caught cheating yet, and I do mean "been caught"!)

Taltarzac725
05-14-2015, 07:29 AM
Borges: Roger Goodell faces key choice on Tom Brady appeal | Boston Herald (http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/columnists/ron_borges/2015/05/borges_roger_goodell_faces_key_choice_on_tom_brady _appeal)

The guy/gal who makes the final decision is always important. If it is Goodell, the 4 game suspension will probably stand.

Dr Winston O Boogie jr
05-14-2015, 07:31 AM
Here is an interesting article to chew on. It is the investigator defending his decisions. Investigator defends findings in Patriots deflate case | Pittsburgh Post-Gazette (http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/2015/05/13/Investigator-defends-findings-in-Patriots-deflate-case/stories/201505130156)

I have been purposely staying out of this because many Pats fans on this forum are people I greatly respect and some I flat out admire, and the Steelers are no angels (although they haven't been caught cheating yet, and I do mean "been caught"!)

Umm...actually....

The NFL's Biggest Cheaters - Your Team Cheats - The Definitive Guide to NFL Cheating (http://yourteamcheats.com/cheaters/)

and if you click on the Steelers you'll see this:

The Pittsburgh Steelers Complete Cheating History - Your Team Cheats - The Definitive Guide to NFL Cheating (http://yourteamcheats.com/PIT)

And the point of the article is not, "everyone does it so that makes it OK", its the fact that the punishment to the Patriots with zero factual evidence is so much more severe than other teams have gotten for similar and much less egregious violations.

golfing eagles
05-14-2015, 08:32 AM
never mind

golfing eagles
05-14-2015, 08:53 AM

Official NFL cat Tom Brady's cat

Bruiser1
05-14-2015, 09:32 AM

And the tested balls should be secured in a clear box secured under lock and chain.

The National Anthem will be played ;
followed by a moment of silence for the serious moments of the day;
And then Roger Goddell will open the box with a key only HE possesses
to the roar of the Crowd!:bigbow:

CFrance
05-14-2015, 09:39 AM
Umm...actually....

The NFL's Biggest Cheaters - Your Team Cheats - The Definitive Guide to NFL Cheating (http://yourteamcheats.com/cheaters/)

and if you click on the Steelers you'll see this:

The Pittsburgh Steelers Complete Cheating History - Your Team Cheats - The Definitive Guide to NFL Cheating (http://yourteamcheats.com/PIT)

And the point of the article is not, "everyone does it so that makes it OK", its the fact that the punishment to the Patriots with zero factual evidence is so much more severe than other teams have gotten for similar and much less egregious violations.
I did not say everybody does it so that makes it okay. I did not even say what I think about all this. Everyone has had much to say. From a non-emotional, purely information standpoint, I think this is another side presented. If the team and their fans are allowed to present their side, this guy should be allowed to present his.

Please don't shoot me.

CFrance
05-14-2015, 09:40 AM
And the tested balls should be secured in a clear box secured under lock and chain.

The National Anthem will be played ;
followed by a moment of silence for the serious moments of the day;
And then Roger Goddell will open the box with a key only HE possesses
to the roar of the Crowd!:bigbow:
I don't think Goodell should hold the key to the box. He doesn't even know where he stands till someone tells him.

Dr Winston O Boogie jr
05-14-2015, 11:08 AM
I did not say everybody does it so that makes it okay. I did not even say what I think about all this. Everyone has had much to say. From a non-emotional, purely information standpoint, I think this is another side presented. If the team and their fans are allowed to present their side, this guy should be allowed to present his.

Please don't shoot me.

That part of my post was not aimed at you.

Several people have said that just because everyone does it doesn't make it OK. I agree with that and I was just pointing out that that was not the point of the article.

Dr Winston O Boogie jr
05-14-2015, 11:10 AM
Borges: Roger Goodell faces key choice on Tom Brady appeal | Boston Herald (http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/columnists/ron_borges/2015/05/borges_roger_goodell_faces_key_choice_on_tom_brady _appeal)

The guy/gal who makes the final decision is always important. If it is Goodell, the 4 game suspension will probably stand.

If Goodell hears the appeal the players union will certainly ask for another appeal by an independent arbitrator.

Goodell hearing the appeal would be an even bigger travesty than what has already happened.

Taltarzac725
05-14-2015, 11:36 AM
If Goodell hears the appeal the players union will certainly ask for another appeal by an independent arbitrator.

Goodell hearing the appeal would be an even bigger travesty than what has already happened.

True. But it looks like it may come down to who carries the bigger stick as Teddy Roosevelt suggested.

OldManTime
05-14-2015, 12:18 PM
I believe the 4 games will make all the players step up a notch! Using a sanerio, line up the entire team, fire your best player, everyone will step up to win. My prediction, the Pats will win 3 of the 4 games.

OldManTime
05-14-2015, 12:18 PM
Go Pats!

rustyp
05-14-2015, 01:20 PM
I believe the 4 games will make all the players step up a notch! Using a sanerio, line up the entire team, fire your best player, everyone will step up to win. My prediction, the Pats will win 3 of the 4 games.

You got me to pondering this a bit more. If:

1. Pat fans believe the suspension is a good thing since it will be a bigger incentive to win and they will certainly rise to the occasion
2. Non Pat fans believe this is just punishment for cheaters

This whole thing is a win / win. Very smart of that Roger Goodell fellow.

Disclaimer - I am neither a Pat fan or hater. I kind of favor the Buffalo Bills. If they are cheating someone needs to teach them how to do it better.

janmcn
05-14-2015, 02:41 PM
Tom Brady only has until 5:00pm today to file an appeal. If he doesn't, then the four game suspension stands. The clock is ticking, Tom.

dbussone
05-14-2015, 03:47 PM
Tom Brady only has until 5:00pm today to file an appeal. If he doesn't, then the four game suspension stands. The clock is ticking, Tom.

It was filed on his behalf by the Players Union around 3 PM.

TheVillageChicken
05-25-2015, 11:45 AM
This should settle the issue (http://boston.cbslocal.com/2015/05/23/patriots-fan-says-brady-is-innocent-in-obituary/)

dbussone
05-25-2015, 12:08 PM
This should settle the issue (http://boston.cbslocal.com/2015/05/23/patriots-fan-says-brady-is-innocent-in-obituary/)

Amen to that!

CFrance
05-25-2015, 12:48 PM
That's taking "defend you to the end" literally!

2BNTV
05-26-2015, 10:31 AM

With every sport, winning a lot draws a goodly amount of people to the "hate" factor.

How about the New York Yankee dynasty? I believe they were dubbed "The Evil Empire" by someone in the Red Sox organization. Then the Red Sox starting spending as much money as the N.Y. Yankee organization and won several championships.

Spending a lot of money for players doesn't guarantee that one will win the championship but it does guarantee that your team will make the playoffs and put a lot of fanny's in the seats. That is what most executives care about anyway. Winning is the icing on the cake!

A lot of people naturally root for the underdogs. It's part of our culture as in giving second chances to some people who have really done some bad things and I'm not talking about deflated footballs.