PDA

View Full Version : Peach Season

scrapple
05-15-2015, 09:51 AM
We were just talking about how soon before we can go and pick peaches. I saw posts here from last year about this time, and found out the time is Now!

The peach farm website says they are closed, but I called the phone number and his message says they are picking every day from 9 to 4.

Home Page (http://www.ladylakepeach.com)

renielarson
05-15-2015, 10:09 PM
I received this email today.

The Lady Lake peach field is now open from 10 till 4 each day except Monday. We are closed every Monday. We are picking the clingstone peach called UFSun. My phone number is 352-217-8853 and our address is 2917 Lake Griffin Rd. Lady Lake Fl. The price is still $1.50 per lb. Thanks, Pat

jblum315
05-16-2015, 04:53 AM
Peaches just ain't what they used to be. Less sweet, less flavor. Even Georgia peaches have gone from Yum to Hmm.

jnieman
05-16-2015, 06:45 AM
Peaches just ain't what they used to be. Less sweet, less flavor. Even Georgia peaches have gone from Yum to Hmm.

I agree plus the clingstones stick to the pit. The only thing is that Publix is selling their Georgia peaches for over $3.00 per pound, but they were mildly soft and looked great. We took a few through the checkout and that is $1.00 per very small peach. Maybe the price will come down or maybe at the Farmer's market they will be more reasonable. My favorite are the free-stone where the pit comes out clean.