PDA

View Full Version : 2002 Yamaha G16 Golf Cart gas cap gauge.

Taltarzac725
06-05-2015, 01:29 PM
I was filling the Yamaha G16 golf cart to 3/4 as my parents like it and all of the sudden there was no golf gauge and stick there. I looked under the golf cart where there was nothing and then saw the gas cap minus the measuring ball on its struts. The struts and the ball had fallen inside the gas tank.

What should I do in this situation? Is Gordon's Garage open yet? Is there any danger of a puncture of the gas tank with this sideways rather than vertical like it was? How would you get the struts and ball out of the gas tank safely?

Taltarzac725
06-06-2015, 09:29 AM
I was filling the Yamaha G16 golf cart to 3/4 as my parents like it and all of the sudden there was no golf gauge and stick there. I looked under the golf cart where there was nothing and then saw the gas cap minus the measuring ball on its struts. The struts and the ball had fallen inside the gas tank.

What should I do in this situation? Is Gordon's Garage open yet? Is there any danger of a puncture of the gas tank with this sideways rather than vertical like it was? How would you get the struts and ball out of the gas tank safely?

With the help of a neighbor I got the metal parts of the gas gauge out of the golf cart's gas tank. He had a rod with a three pronged claw on its end that he could open or close by moving the other end's control. Now we just to get to Gordon's Garage and hope they have the part we need. The plastic ball is still in there but I do not have a fear of a very remote chance of a spark with metal hitting metal. Not sure what is required for such a re-action but I was more afraid of some kind of puncture when going over the many bumps in the Villages. Article: Sparking risks in explosive gas atmospheres (http://www.bssa.org.uk/topics.php?article=114)