PDA

View Full Version : Slow!

cwo4mat
06-24-2015, 02:43 PM
Why has the site gotten so slow to respond?
No other site I use has gotten slower!
Thank You

Bonny
06-24-2015, 02:46 PM
No problems here. I have Comcast and use Chrome.

mrdills
06-24-2015, 04:17 PM
I have the same problem and I have Comcast.

Yung Dum
06-24-2015, 04:45 PM
I'm glad I read this post. I was having the same problem using AOL. I switched to Chrome and it works fine now.

Bonny
06-24-2015, 09:08 PM
I have the same problem and I have Comcast.
Not sure what you are using, but try switching browsers.

Phanatic Luvr
06-24-2015, 09:21 PM
I'm also having issues with this site being terribly slow. It's frustrating to a point I just leave TOTV's. It's not happening on any other site I use. Too many advertisements possible????? Admin, please look into the problem. I also have Comcast.

TOTV Team
06-24-2015, 10:16 PM
We are not experiencing this so can you tell us your browser and the internet provider?

cwo4mat
06-25-2015, 06:06 AM
I have Comcast and use Chrome

tomwed
06-25-2015, 06:16 AM
Chrome and Comcast
I had the problem and someone on TOTV suggested using add blocker. I installed it and the lag went away. A couple of weeks later I removed add blocker it and it remained fast.
I don't know why.

Phanatic Luvr
06-25-2015, 08:01 AM
I have Comcast and use Explorer.

buzzy
06-25-2015, 08:07 AM
Chrome and Comcast
I had the problem and someone on TOTV suggested using add blocker. I installed it and the lag went away. A couple of weeks later I removed add blocker it and it remained fast.
I don't know why.

Interesting. Against my better judgement, I finally installed AdblockerPlus a few days ago, and it totally cured the problem with TOTV. However, I still don't feel comfortable with AdblockerPlus on my machine. Don't know how it works. Since it's free, there must be a catch. Now, I'm guessing that when you uninstalled it, it left some stealth code behind. That's the sort of thing that I am worried about.

mixsonci
06-25-2015, 09:46 AM
I have Brighthouse and use Explorer and I am having the same problem, it's so frustrating I usually don't bother staying on the site.

How do I get Chrome?

Bonny
06-25-2015, 09:52 AM
I have Brighthouse and use Explorer and I am having the same problem, it's so frustrating I usually don't bother staying on the site.

How do I get Chrome?
Google "Google Chrome" click on the link that says download it. It should sync all your bookmarks then click to make it your home page, if you want.

outlaw
06-25-2015, 01:25 PM
Interesting. Against my better judgement, I finally installed AdblockerPlus a few days ago, and it totally cured the problem with TOTV. However, I still don't feel comfortable with AdblockerPlus on my machine. Don't know how it works. Since it's free, there must be a catch. Now, I'm guessing that when you uninstalled it, it left some stealth code behind. That's the sort of thing that I am worried about.

Don't worry. It's been around for years. It is safe and effective. Very high reviews. And yes, it solves the TOTV slow problem which is ads that consume too much memory, IMHO.

buzzy
06-25-2015, 08:38 PM
Don't worry. It's been around for years. It is safe and effective. Very high reviews. And yes, it solves the TOTV slow problem which is ads that consume too much memory, IMHO.

Thanks. Did not need it for any other forums. I have never seen any with this amount of ad content. Anyway, I am happy now.