PDA

View Full Version : El Santiago Executive Course

ddharrold
07-12-2015, 03:01 PM
Please use this thread to post course condition findings for the El Santiago executive course.

rustyp
07-13-2015, 06:22 AM
I seem to putt better on this course.

zcaveman
10-25-2015, 12:15 PM
I played El Santiago today. They have switched from the 6 inch cups to eight inch cups. The cup is not as deep now so it is easier to retrieve your ball from the cup. The only problem now is that since the cup is not as deep, the shaft of the pin holder is closer to the top of the hole and if you hit the cup just right your ball will bounce off of the shaft and out of the hole.

Z

fred53
10-25-2015, 07:09 PM
Just count it as being holed out if it bounces out...it's not as if using a 6" or 8" cup is covered under USGA rules so ignore the bounce out.

Mleeja
10-25-2015, 07:50 PM
I played El Santiago today. They have switched from the 6 inch cups to eight inch cups. The cup is not as deep now so it is easier to retrieve your ball from the cup. The only problem now is that since the cup is not as deep, the shaft of the pin holder is closer to the top of the hole and if you hit the cup just right your ball will bounce off of the shaft and out of the hole.

Z

I have not seen whete they have changed to 8 inch cups! I think I'll walk over and measure a cup.

zcaveman
10-25-2015, 09:40 PM
I have not seen whete they have changed to 8 inch cups! I think I'll walk over and measure a cup.

I was surprised when I got to the first green. I asked the field marshall (or whatever they are called).

Z

outlaw
10-26-2015, 07:21 AM
They went from 6.5" to 8" per the guy in the starter shack.