PDA

View Full Version : Need help connecting a laptop to print "Wireless"

784caroline
08-18-2008, 08:39 PM
I am at a total stop point. I cannot connect a Leveno laptop (running XP home version) to a Cannon MP 450 printer. Desktop computer is also running XP Home version and I am using a Linksys router and modem.

I am just totaly frustrated ...can anyone help one in need in Caroline!

Willaim
08-24-2008, 07:39 PM
had the same problem with my HP and my suggestion is contact the mfg for help. my problem was that the desktop was set up first and during the set up mode there were specific items that needed to be checked for a wireless connection. we had to uninstall and then reinstall and check the fields that ask about wireless. now works fine.

good luck

l2ridehd
08-24-2008, 08:31 PM
Have an HP wireless printer and finally did get it working, but not without many delays and restarts. I would never again buy a wireless printer. Not worth the aggravation. For the amount I print, I will just take the laptop to the printer and plug in the USB cable. It is also probably my last HP printer. Again just way to complicated. Not user friendly at all. The print quality is great, but it always requires some type of action to get it working.

campy
08-25-2008, 12:53 AM
Check the set up of your printer. Be sure the correct router is associated with the printer in the set up.

784caroline
08-26-2008, 12:22 AM
I think ..well im pretty sure I did all of that..no luck comnnecting.

ldj1938
08-26-2008, 12:58 AM
Download bonjour.exe for windows.

Here's a link to the program. It will find anything, including printers, on your network.

http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/bonjourforwindows.html

I have been working on an HP notebook computer, but changed to my MacBook Pro so I could get on the web!! Never buy an HP notebook computer!

uujudy
08-26-2008, 02:09 AM
I have been working on an HP notebook computer, but changed to my MacBook Pro so I could get on the web!! Never buy an HP notebook computer!

Oh, you Mac people. ;) We have 2 HP notebooks, and they work just fine.

zcaveman
08-26-2008, 02:44 AM
I assume that the printer is connected to the desktop.

You need to go into Settings on the desktop and click on the printer and allow sharing. You then need to go into the laptop and allow it access the printer on the desktop.

dadspet
09-03-2008, 05:17 AM
On your desktop PC where the printer is attached
Go to "control panel" find the printer icon and and double click to open printers.
Right click on the printer that is attached to your desktop
left click on sharing
This should bring up the Printers properties and a Sharing tab
Click on the sharing tab
Check to see if > Share this printer option is checked > of not check it and give it any name
and it should now be shared and available to the remote Laptop

Next go to your laptop

Go to start > Setting Control Panel (Or control panel might show up when start is pressed
In control panel > find printers
Press add a printer
Select A network printer
Select browse for a printer
You should now see the printer on your desktop that you shared
Select that printer which should add its name to the printer window and go to next
You should now get a msg that indicates you are about to connect to that printer.

I sure hope this works! If it does you owe me a beer. If not I give up until I get more energy and another bright idea